Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Week 6: Miami Dolphins (1-4) @ Jacksonville Jaguars (0-5)

The battle for true London fandom begins this weekend.

Tua was designated to return to practice yesterday and will practice this week. Itís not definitive that he will play this week as the staff wants to see how he feels throughout a full practice of throwing and moving. But Flo is hopeful he will play this week.

Parker is not expected to practice today although Shaheen should be a go. Dolphins signed former Eagles WR Travis Fulgham to their practice squad just in case.

It also looks like X wonít be practicing today.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-13-2021 at 12:10 PM.

I know Tua has been out for 4 weeks, but I expect him to look good. Again, Burrow lit this defense up for 380 and 2 TDs. Itís ridiculous to compare Tua to Herbert right now, but him and Burrow should be pretty close in talent level. He has to start dominating games and separating himself from the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I know Tua has been out for 4 weeks, but I expect him to look good. Again, Burrow lit this defense up for 380 and 2 TDs. Itís ridiculous to compare Tua to Herbert right now, but him and Burrow should be pretty close in talent level. He has to start dominating games and separating himself from the pack.
    Unlikely to happen, but one can hope.

Burrows looks light-years ahead of Tua right now but how can anyone tell with the shambles this oline is in. If only we invested multiple high draft picks to fix the position, then we'd be in good shape.

If Tua is not ready, then he should not start. period. I think this team has far more talent than JAC and MIA should win this game no problem. But if they do not, and they give that lame duck coach his first win, and snap their 20 game losing skid, Flo needs to go. done and done.

My biggest question about this one is whether Urban Meyer flies with his team or not.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Unlikely to happen, but one can hope.

Burrows looks light-years ahead of Tua right now but how can anyone tell with the shambles this oline is in. If only we invested multiple high draft picks to fix the position, then we'd be in good shape.
    The Bengals had one of the worst offensive lines last season and Burrows still looked a lot better than Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    The Bengals had one of the worst offensive lines last season and Burrows still looked a lot better than Tua.
    Thatís why my expectations are that he plays well. I should clarify that I donít necessarily think he will come out, but Iím putting my expectations high. I love Tua and I donít need him to play perfect, but he needs to show that he can ball out.

Burrow still has a terrible Oline. If Tua is going to be a good QB he needs to show that he can still make plays happen even with a poor Oline. Elite QBs need to be able to perform at an insane level within structure while also making big plays outside of structure. I think Tua can operate at an elite level in structure. Once he understands an offense and knows his players he can make a consistent offense. But he needs to show that he can make big plays by himself.

If Tua plays, i'm thinking Waddle goes off this week. butman, they better protect Tua like their lives depend on it, cause you can't have this kid getting crushed behind that OL 5+ times a game. But ultimately I do think Miami wins this game, and they actually win it easily (as crazy as that sounds)

MIA 27
    JAC 13

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    If Tua plays, i'm thinking Waddle goes off this week. butman, they better protect Tua like their lives depend on it, cause you can't have this kid getting crushed behind that OL 5+ times a game. But ultimately I do think Miami wins this game, and they actually win it easily (as crazy as that sounds)

MIA 27
    JAC 13
    Tua doesn't play and Miami loses 35 -17. Robinson will run all over us.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiadolfan View Post
    Tua doesn't play and Miami loses 35 -17. Robinson will run all over us.
    Flores said Tua tells him he feels good. Looking like he should play based on that and how he threw in pracky. Might be a pain management thing.

Dolphins injury report Thursday:

DNP ó Xavien Howard (groin), DeVante Parker (hamstring)

Limited ó Preston Williams (groin), Jacoby Brissett (hamstring), Adam Shaheen (knee), Byron Jones (achilles)

The moment Preston shows up he gets hurt again.

Im out on Parker after this season. Trade him to the Lions for whatever. Dude is literally never fully healthy. I know he doesnít miss a lot of games, but thereís tons where heís practically a decoy because of a hamstring or whatever.

For the Jags Myles Jack is not traveling with the team and is out Sunday.

I was just thinking the same thing on Parker yesterday, before I knew he was out. Anything can happen, especially in a contract year when some players get serious about taking care of themselves, but history says he's probably just never going to be able to play near 100% for the better part of a season.

As much as I dislike Parker because the fact he's always injured, his contract isn't bad. I mean if we can package him and like a 4th for a 2nd in 2023 I wouldn't hate it. I was excited we took him and have been disappointed ever since.

Parker is honestly underrated by a lot of fans. Yes, the dude seems to always pop up on injury reports, but he is consistent with his ability to high point throws and catch the ball. But the combo of Parker and Fuller was never going to work out for a full season, and everybody knew that. I think Grier and Flo were hoping they would have at least one of them playing every week, and took the risk. if healthy, a WR core of Parker/Waddle/Fuller is actually a really good one.

Parker is a great player. Heís a good WR and is clearly worth the money.

But you canít rely on him. Itís the same thing I talked about with Preston in the offseason. You want him on the team but you canít bank on him being a core part of the offense. Every we talk about how good he can be, and then he just wastes a roster spot by getting hurt.

Parker is great, but he canít continue to be our #1 target. If Parker was the 2nd or 3rd option in the offense then no problem. But at the moment heís the only guy who can be a consistent threat outside of Geiscki but we know this staff doesnít know how to use him.

Unless this drastically changed it seriously looks like this offseason weíll have to heavily invest in WR again. And Iíd rather just rip the band aid off and try to build a solid core that I can rely on.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-15-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast