Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 369
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    19,188

    Chicago White Sox Offseason Thread

    Welp it was a hell of a run.

    This team is built for long sustained success.

    Off season starts now, what additions/subtractions would you like to see?

    Discuss..................

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,935
    Need 2 impact starters to replace Rodon and Keuchel. Invest in a 1 and a 2 .

    Need a rf. Keep Cesar at 2b.

    Eloy needs to dh. He will never stay healthy at LF and that has become clear imo

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,365
    My punch list:

    1. We need to find a buyer for Keuchel. The Cubs perhaps in their attempt to flip guys at the deadline?
    2. I would not re-up with Rodon. Appreciate his work, but I think his payday needs to come from elsewhere.
    3. I want Kopech in the rotation and Crochet to slide over to Kopech's role in the pen.
    4. I would look to trade Kimbrel if at all possible for a solid spec in the infield or behind the plate.
    5. I would trade Hernandez for anything and let Leury have 2b for the season in 2022
    6. I would offer Max 3 years/$100 million. I would not add years but I would go as high as $115 million, front loaded.
    7. I would DH Jimenez so he can actually have a long career.
    8. in LF and in RF we have three in house candidates (Vaughn, Sheets, and Engel). We also have Burger who I would move to the OF or at 2b in the minors to master the position as best he can. If I want a free agent, I would go with Starling Marte at 4/$60 million.
    9. Backup catcher. Selby and Collins can't hit, but as a back up that plays 50 games a year? Perhaps we can live.
    10. I know we keep saying this but we need to be aware that Jose Abreu is nearing the end and I don't think Vaughn, Sheets, Burger will be our next superstar at 1b. Just something to think about.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    11,004
    The 1B crop isnt all that deep. Abreu is still in the upper echelon for another couple years IMO. Sheets and Vaughn both have the ability to jump long lost PF average 1Bs league wide.

    Kopech is likely moving to the rotation. Maybe thatll motivate him, because he hasnt looked very motivated. Id say we only need 1 starter, and they have to be elite. Scherzer is my guy 100%.

    We need a catcher, preferably elite defensive. We gave up how many stolen bases this series? We let at least 2 guys advance on passed balls, as well. We turned numerous singles and walks into doubles. It was on pitching as much as catching, but we looked miserable defensively at catcher all year.

    2nd base or RF can use significant upgrades. I dont mind Leury as our 2nd baseman if we drop some money in RF or Vice versa.

    With Kopech moving to the rotation and Tepera a FA, we can afford to add a couple relievers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    10,157

    Chicago White Sox Offseason Thread

    Why can't Leury be our everyday RF? Has he not earned it?

    I get there are stronger options in FA like Bryant and Castellanos, but to get those guys you're going to pay a ton that will take away what we can spend on pitching.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Why can't Leury be our everyday RF? Has he not earned it?

    I get there are stronger options in FA like Bryant and Castellanos, but to get those guys you're going to pay a ton that will take away what we can spend on pitching.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Leury can't be our RF. Too weak of an arm and he gets lost out there a lot. He doesn't have enough of a bat to make up from his OF deficiencies for me.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,547
    Id rather see Leury as our super-sub again, but if need be, Id take him at 2B over RF. Id rather have a high OPS bat in RF. While Leury had some clutch hits this season, he has often looked overmatched at the plate.

    It looks like Kimbrel will get exercised and then most likely traded in the offseason. What do you think we can get for him?

    It will obviously be cents on the dollar.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 10-13-2021 at 11:45 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Id rather see Leury as our super-sub again, but if need be, Id take him at 2B over RF. Id rather have a high OPS bat in RF. While Leury had some clutch hits this season, he has often looked overmatched at the plate.

    It looks like Kimbrel will get exercised and then most likely traded in the offseason. What do you think we can get for him?

    It will obviously be cents on the dollar.
    About half a "Madrigal"
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    11,004
    Madrigal wasnt gonna be a jerk to play at all this year, but we really missed his bat. Before he got hurt, he was our lineups catalyst. He turned the order over for the top over and over. You could always depend on him to make contact when we needed to not strike out. His defebse was starting to look as advertised. That Loss cant go unnoticed.

    In theory Cesar shoulda been capable at 2B for us, but his bat just never got going. Adam Frazier was the guy we needed, but the Padres pounced first. .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    About half a "Madrigal"
    I was holding out hope for .60-.70 of a Madrigal, but you may be right.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    10,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Id rather see Leury as our super-sub again, but if need be, Id take him at 2B over RF. Id rather have a high OPS bat in RF. While Leury had some clutch hits this season, he has often looked overmatched at the plate.

    It looks like Kimbrel will get exercised and then most likely traded in the offseason. What do you think we can get for him?

    It will obviously be cents on the dollar.
    Yea I get it, he has a ton of value with us in doing that UTIL role which we'd just need to fill anyways. I just might be riding the bomb on Sunday and the walkoff I saw live against Boston in Sept.

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    About half a "Madrigal"
    Nice one and spot on. I really liked Nick and it's going to be hard watching him for the next number of years on the other side of town.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    10,157
    Hate to say this. Money is going to be tight this offseason I bet unless you see one or both of Keuchel and Kimbrel moved. Sox are over 148 million already just with the following guys assuming we pick up option on Kimbrel and Hernandez. Moncada and Lynn salaries both double, and a ton of guys are getting a few million more in 22 over 21.

    Grandal, Moncada, Keuchel, Hendriks, Abreu, Robert, Kimbrel, Jimenez, Lynn, Anderson, Bummer, Hernandez.

    Rodon, Tepera, Goodwin, BH, or Leury are all FAs.

    And we have the following guys still needing to go through arbitration: Giolito, Marshall, Lopez, Engel, Fry

    I'd say be ready for a whole lot of very little action this off season assuming after working through the arbitration process we are at around $165-170 million in Payroll.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,547
    We may end up having to trade a very popular player or two. It will extend our contention window and possibly give us flexibility to improve.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I was holding out hope for .60-.70 of a Madrigal, but you may be right.
    Maybe at the deadline, but I think he gets moved in the offseason. At least I hope.

    All of our acquisitions were bad this summer. Happy we tried. Sad they pretty much all blew.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Hate to say this. Money is going to be tight this offseason I bet unless you see one or both of Keuchel and Kimbrel moved. Sox are over 148 million already just with the following guys assuming we pick up option on Kimbrel and Hernandez. Moncada and Lynn salaries both double, and a ton of guys are getting a few million more in 22 over 21.

    Grandal, Moncada, Keuchel, Hendriks, Abreu, Robert, Kimbrel, Jimenez, Lynn, Anderson, Bummer, Hernandez.

    Rodon, Tepera, Goodwin, BH, or Leury are all FAs.

    And we have the following guys still needing to go through arbitration: Giolito, Marshall, Lopez, Engel, Fry

    I'd say be ready for a whole lot of very little action this off season assuming after working through the arbitration process we are at around $165-170 million in Payroll.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1520401900

    I agree as well. I can't see us putting in another $20-30 million per. We don't have that kind of ownership and fanbase to support it IMO.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •