Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    That's good. that got them to where they are as a play-off team in a very weak division. Now they need at least two good players and maybe a 3rd at least average player to be a championship caliber team. If they stand pat or make a sort of Adam Eaton couple of moves, they are not going to go to a World Series. They have the talent to trade and Reinny has more than enough money to pay the salaries required.
    How much cash does JR (White Sox ownership) have on hand? How much? You and others keep talking like his two billion is cash in hand.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    No one should be defending Reinsdorf here....Over 40 years of owning our favorite team, he's proven over and over how he operates!! Do just enough not to be accused of "tanking", for the most part. He's always put the bottom line ahead of winning....No one can argue with that, some of you can try but the record speaks for itself!!!
    A Title, several division titles, more than the previous 60 years of ownership. Multiple seasons of top 5 payroll. Yep, he stinks.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You act like it
    Can you explain to the class now ,how the stock market works?? I cant wait.....

Let my try and guess how it works....Let's see you buy "low" and you sell "high"....Wow....I'm a ****ing genius....

A Title, several division titles, more than the previous 60 years of ownership. Multiple seasons of top 5 payroll. Yep, he stinks.
    Which title was your favorite?? Ohhh the only ONE he won.....

I feel pity for the Yankees (Steinbrenner's) .......They can't say they won only ONE title...We got that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I moved to San Diego in 2015....No one talked Padres, now all you hear is Padres, Padres and Padres....And yes they haven't won it all, but they are relevant and are going for it .....
    They sucked last year. The Mets go for almost every year. They suck too. Philly went for it with Realmuto and Bryce. Not even close yet. We are building up closer to how the Stros did. They did it mostly in house. They have the most sustained success lately.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    They sucked last year. The Mets go for almost every year. They suck too. Philly went for it with Realmuto and Bryce. Not even close yet. We are building up closer to how the Stros did. They did it mostly in house. They have the most sustained success lately.
    Sure.............I'm sure ol Jerry can buy the boys a few trash cans....That's your example?? And I never said money guaranteed a ring, show me where I said it did?

Ahhh I believe you left out the Dodgers ...........Ya know all those pennants and divisions the last Ohhh I don't know decade for an example...Would have been better choice then the Astros!

That's the team you want to copy NOT the freaking Astros!

Andrew Freidman is the best Baseball Executive in the sport, bar none!!! Let's see how he's done it...
    Scouting
    Player development
    Trades
    FA's
    And an ownership that let's him do his job!

And itís not like our FO does nothing. We signed Grandal. Everyone here wanted that. We traded for Lynn and resigned him. We added keuchel. He didnít work out this year. We traded for Kimbrel, the best guy on the block. He didnít do good. We signed Hendriks. The best reliever in free agency that year.

Our young stars arenít even in their prime. Anderson is, Moncada is just entering it, Robert has a few years til he peaks, Eloy has a couple years til he peaks. Vaughn is just starting to get his feet wet. Sheets is just getting his shot. Burger was set back 3 years. Abreu and Grandal are getting up there in age, but we at least have the replacements for Abreu. Stop acting like we donít go for it. We just do it a little less crazy

How much cash does JR (White Sox ownership) have on hand? How much? You and others keep talking like his two billion is cash in hand.
    More than enough to pay for three baseball players. and not even "star" baseball players. You make it sound like the money is coming out of your pocket book. I just cannot understand fans that defend Reinny like he was someone who was operating on some tight margin. He's not. The man is one of the richest owners in baseball. He's just an old man who wants things both ways. He wants to keep his money and wants to win a championship but will not go for it. He wants to WIN CHEAP.

Yes he does. A multi billionaire who wants to take his money with him. Another thing, past ownership being bad is mutually exclusive from Reinny being a bad owner. I don't see many making the case for the history of over-all White Sox ownership being worth a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    And itís not like our FO does nothing. We signed Grandal. Everyone here wanted that. We traded for Lynn and resigned him. We added keuchel. He didnít work out this year. We traded for Kimbrel, the best guy on the block. He didnít do good. We signed Hendriks. The best reliever in free agency that year.

Our young stars arenít even in their prime. Anderson is, Moncada is just entering it, Robert has a few years til he peaks, Eloy has a couple years til he peaks. Vaughn is just starting to get his feet wet. Sheets is just getting his shot. Burger was set back 3 years. Abreu and Grandal are getting up there in age, but we at least have the replacements for Abreu. Stop acting like we donít go for it. We just do it a little less crazy
    The rebuilding has gone well. However last year they showed signs of "settling" for winning a terrible division by not completing a championship caliber team. The signing of Eaton was horrific. The failure of not signing a good two way catcher was very bad. Not trading for a good second baseman was a big time error and the bench was awful.

The above decisions cost them a championship caliber team in my estimation. I don't fault them for making decision like trading for Kimbrel or unplanned injuries which occurred. **** happens as they say. And I don't expect that suddenly Reinny is going to go through somekind of transformation into a go for it owner. But I do EXPECT a team that is close to not only win one championship but actually several to make solid moves to achieve this.

This off season is not over and the strike gums up the works but I am not optimistic that what is necessary is going to be done based on what they haven't done in the past and last season in particular.

Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast