Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    The TV deals pretty much pay for the players salaries. Again stop equating attendance with where the Sox payroll is at. If the Sox put a good product on the field the fans will show up they always have. Just like blams showed you the payroll on the previous page. When the Sox are good they get over 2 million fans a year.

Yes I expect the Sox payroll to massively jump when their championship window is WIDE OPEN. With the correct moves, this team could win the 2-3 World Series in the next 6-7 years. Jerry went and hired is damn friend in TLR at least he can open his damn wallet and help the man out.

I don't care what they offer to players who don't sign the contract. Machado's contract offer was laughable, the man wanted a straight up $300 million dollar contract with no crazy kickers or incentives. If they were serious they would've just offered him what he wanted. Wheeler's contract was a good offer his family just wanted to be closer to home. But guess what you really want him give him a little more so he can't say no.
    So do you think there's 0 correlation between attendance and payroll, since TV deals pay for salaries for many clubs?

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

Also as it stands today, we're 5th in payroll. Behind NYY, NYM, LAD, and SDP. This is why I question those who expect us to be out there signing big name after big name. We got the best reliever on the market, Caesar is pretty much the best 2b option out there at this point and he could be potentially had for less than his option was. Adding someone like KB or NC to play right might be fully dependent on Hahn moving Keuchel and/or Kimbrel.

Edit: Didn't realize Caesar signed with WAS for 4 mil.
    Last edited by Pierzynski4Prez; 12-03-2021 at 05:11 PM.

FTR, Worth 1.5 billion does not mean one has 1.5 billion in liquidity. A few of you need to read that.
    Last edited by brett05; 12-04-2021 at 12:32 PM.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    So do you think there's 0 correlation between attendance and payroll, since TV deals pay for salaries for many clubs?
    When the title window is wide open the team better get that payroll right at the top of the league , or they don't deserve attendance.

Attendance always goes up when the team competes. Except maybe the last 2 years , COVID.

And thanks dasox for reminding me of the embarrassing display the Sox put on for Machado lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 12-03-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    When the title window is wide open the team better get that payroll right at the top of the league , or they don't deserve attendance.

Attendance always goes up when the team competes. Except maybe the last 2 years , COVID.

And thanks dasox for reminding me of the embarrassing display the Sox put on for Machado lol

We're 5th currently in payroll....

We're 5th currently in payroll....
    5th while more or less standing pat.

We've added one player , lol. They've done nothing to improve the team.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    FTR, Worth 1.5 billion does not mean one has 1.5 million in liquidity. A few of you need to read that.
    Thanks for that..........I thought he had it in his wallet....

5th while more or less standing pat.

We've added one player , lol. They've done nothing to improve the team.

Still 5th in the payroll, and it's Dec. 3. Who have the Yankees, Red Sox, Astros, or Rays signed? Haven't even seen the Dodgers do much except bring back Taylor, haven't seen much from the Padres either. Spring Training starts in just under 3 months and we're going into a work stoppage, and half of the top FAs are still out there.

I've said previously in this thread I don't have much hope myself for big name FAs unless we move Kimbrel/Keuchel, but man can we have some patience? Bryant, Castellanos, Conforto, Story, Schwarber, Rodon, DeSclafani, Kershaw, Rosario, Villar, Cruz, Joc are just a few of the names still out there.

Still 5th in the payroll, and it's Dec. 3. Who have the Yankees, Red Sox, Astros, or Rays signed? Haven't even seen the Dodgers do much except bring back Taylor, haven't seen much from the Padres either. Spring Training starts in just under 3 months and we're going into a work stoppage, and half of the top FAs are still out there.

I've said previously in this thread I don't have much hope myself for big name FAs unless we move Kimbrel/Keuchel, but man can we have some patience? Bryant, Castellanos, Conforto, Story, Schwarber, Rodon, DeSclafani, Kershaw, Rosario, Villar, Cruz, Joc are just a few of the names still out there.
    I don't care what other teams have done. This team is ready to compete now, get it done.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Attendance has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Sox payroll!!!!

Stop spewing those B.S. lies and carrying water for the owner.

Jerry Reindorf is worth $1.5 Billion, let me repeat that $1.5 Billion. He also owns half of NBCSN, the Sox also have a sweatheart deal on Guaranteed Rate Field from when he threatened to leave in the early 90's.

Right now the payroll for 2022 is $175 million. I also know what the payroll is for 2023 $107 million, 2024 $86 million. With JR being a billionaire he can afford any player in the MLB he just chooses not to pay for them. The White Sox are one of 3 teams remaining to never sign a player for a nine figure contract. The other two teams are the Royals and Pirates, even the damn Rays just signed Wander Franco to a nine figure contract. Chicago is the #3 market in the US yet this team acts like a small market team.

This Sox team currently has no second baseman nor right fielder. They can sign any of the remaining players but again they choose not to, if they sign Bryant or someone else who is a perfect fit, I'll shut up but until then I won't keep quiet.

Wouldn't it have been nice had they signed Bryce Harper in 2019 for that bargain contract he got.
    We literally signed the best catcher available 2 years ago and the best closer available last year. Also Free Agency has plenty of players left. We spent the 10th most of any team in 2020. Of those 10, 5 who spent more then us missed the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    FTR, Worth 1.5 billion does not mean one has 1.5 million in liquidity. A few of you need to read that.
    You can tell the guys who never owned their own business don’t understand this concept. My family owns a construction company and we’d get a 5 million or so contract, and one of my friends that worked for us would act like we were mega millionaires. Didn’t take in account liability insurance, workers comp insurance, bonding %, massive payroll, equipment rentals, job related supplies, housing our employees for over a year, meals, equipment repairs, licensing and permits, use tax, just to name a few. Then they act like you can just pull any profit you make out of your company without paying taxes on that money, taxes on the profits in general, payroll tax, and so on. Meanwhile they can get up and leave whenever they want, whereas the business owner has 10s to 100s of ppl relying on them to survive.

You can't compare a regular small business to an mlb team.

Click here to register!

You can't compare a regular small business to an mlb team.

No but you can compare the lack of knowledge ppl have for what goes into running a business. People love to hate a business owner.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    No but you can compare the lack of knowledge ppl have for what goes into running a business. People love to hate a business owner.
    No one has said anything that indicates lack of business knowledge.

These mlb owners - especially with shared revenue- can afford these big contracts. They're never struggling lol. If they indicate they are, they're lying.

Click here to register!

Why should a fan go out to watch a game if their team is lousy? And baseball games are not cheap for the average fan let alone when you bring a few kids with you also. This Reinny "loyalty" factor really roils me.

I just do not understand why Reinny at his age doesn't "go for it". Its not like it he's going to lose any of his money on giving Hahn the go-ahead to bring more talent in. They need more talent to win a championship. Period. This team has holes in its line-up and pitching staff. Its not good enough to make the play-offs. Not when they are this close.

Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast