Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Anyone choosing sides in this CBA dispute, please don't.....The MLBPA and the Owners do not give a damn about fans. It's all lip service when they talk, the letter to the fans was ****ing hilarious by Manford....Once TV became a big player in their Revenue streams, they stopped thinking about fans , because in reality they don't need ***** in seats when it comes down to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Now do attendance.
    Don't really care about attendance. They should pay to put a quality product on the field; fans shouldn't attend just because they're Sox fans.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Now do attendance.
    This is correct and a point that folks often miss.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Should have never traded for him then.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This is correct and a point that folks often miss.
    This is true, but also when considering market size, while Chicago is a very large market, it is split between 2 teams and unfortunately the Sox enjoy the smaller share. Probably 30-40%.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Don't really care about attendance. They should pay to put a quality product on the field; fans shouldn't attend just because they're Sox fans.

So you donít have any idea how a business works, got it.

Do you even know what are current payroll is for 2022 and projected beyond 2022? I swear all you do is ***** and moan about Jerry but you havenít the slightest clue about anything payroll related to this club. Just add more free agents is your solution, as if we havenít added anyone the last 2 off-season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    One of the few people om MLB network that I like Dan O'Dowd also see's Kimbral definitely closing going forward, was basically misused by the Sox last year. He also see's the Padres as a really good fit.....Like I mentioned the Dodgers could be in play too...
    Yeah, the Dodgers and Pads would be in play. This lockdown has stopped everything and I have a hunch that it is going to last a couple of months at least, though.

Do you even know what are current payroll is for 2022 and projected beyond 2022? I swear all you do is ***** and moan about Jerry but you havenít the slightest clue about anything payroll related to this club. Just add more free agents is your solution, as if we havenít added anyone the last 2 off-season

They really haven't been a major player in free agency. I just do not buy the argument about the White Sox ownership spending enough money to win a championship. I've watched this team for a long time and they haven't. Reinny is a multi-billionaire so as a fan this notion of running the White Sox
    as a business doesn't fly with me. He's made tons of money and not spent enough. Its too bad that he is the owner of the Chicago White Sox.

While I do like Hahn as their GM and the young talent that he has signed from Cuba and Latin American as well as many of his draft choices, I think that LaRussa was a terrible Reinny decision and have little confidence that Hahn will be allowed to fill the couple of voids that this has that will be necessary to win a championship. Reinny's history is the reason for this. My gut and view of what is likely to happen is that they put Garcia at 2nd base, stick Vaughn in right field, trade Burger and get an end of the rotation reclamation project for a starting pitcher.

I hope like hell that I am wrong but this is based on Reinny's horsecrap track record
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 12-03-2021 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    This is true, but also when considering market size, while Chicago is a very large market, it is split between 2 teams and unfortunately the Sox enjoy the smaller share. Probably 30-40%.
    Sox fans have proven all through the years that they will turn out in droves for an exciting good team. And when you put a crappy product on the field, they won't show up. So, when Reinny and company whine about attendance, that's on them. This is not the Cubs and the asinine way that people show up at their pigsty and "party". The Chicago White Sox should contend every damned year with a multi-billion dollar owner and a good general manager that knows what is necessary to put a good team on the field.

Attendance has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Sox payroll!!!!

Stop spewing those B.S. lies and carrying water for the owner.

Jerry Reindorf is worth $1.5 Billion, let me repeat that $1.5 Billion. He also owns half of NBCSN, the Sox also have a sweatheart deal on Guaranteed Rate Field from when he threatened to leave in the early 90's.

Right now the payroll for 2022 is $175 million. I also know what the payroll is for 2023 $107 million, 2024 $86 million. With JR being a billionaire he can afford any player in the MLB he just chooses not to pay for them. The White Sox are one of 3 teams remaining to never sign a player for a nine figure contract. The other two teams are the Royals and Pirates, even the damn Rays just signed Wander Franco to a nine figure contract. Chicago is the #3 market in the US yet this team acts like a small market team.

This Sox team currently has no second baseman nor right fielder. They can sign any of the remaining players but again they choose not to, if they sign Bryant or someone else who is a perfect fit, I'll shut up but until then I won't keep quiet.

Wouldn't it have been nice had they signed Bryce Harper in 2019 for that bargain contract he got.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post

Jerry Reindorf is worth $1.5 Billion, let me repeat that $1.5 Billion. He also owns half of NBCSN, the Sox also have a sweatheart deal on Guaranteed Rate Field from when he threatened to leave in the early 90's.

Right now the payroll for 2022 is $175 million. I also know what the payroll is for 2023 $107 million, 2024 $86 million. With JR being a billionaire he can afford any player in the MLB he just chooses not to pay for them. The White Sox are one of 3 teams remaining to never sign a player for a nine figure contract. The other two teams are the Royals and Pirates, even the damn Rays just signed Wander Franco to a nine figure contract. Chicago is the #3 market in the US yet this team acts like a small market team.

This Sox team currently has no second baseman nor right fielder. They can sign any of the remaining players but again they choose not to, if they sign Bryant or someone else who is a perfect fit, I'll shut up but until then I won't keep quiet.

Wouldn't it have been nice had they signed Bryce Harper in 2019 for that bargain contract he got.
    Can you explain how revenue has no effect on expenses? What business operates where your income has no barring on your expenses, would love to hear that one. You and Blams both should start a business together. Reinsdorf is worth a lot, so is every single owner out there. So why this demand for us to be a top 5 payroll club when we're bottom 5-8 in attendance year after year. That falls on a lot of people, Reinsdorf included but also the fans.

Right now the payroll is 175 million. Has it even been even that close to being that high? It's growing and growing every year, do you really expect us to go from 140 million in 2021 to 220 million in a single year? And those 2023-2024 numbers, do they include team/player options, arbitration eligible raises? How many players does that 86 million cover? Over 10?

There's so much that goes into it, I swear people just expect us to spend and spend big. I'm not a Reinsdorf lover by any means, but just pointing out obvious business facts. We want a bigger payroll, then we shouldn't be bottom 5 in attendance year after year (excluding 2021).

Edit: For the record, we offered Machado about 300 million, and Zach Wheeler I believe 125 for 5 years, being the highest bidding team.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post

Honestly , it's all rich envy that is so entrenched in our society. It helps keep the rich rich and every else in their place.

The Sox can afford it. JR just wants his profit to stay consistent because he's a cheap, greedy ****.

Last edited by blams; 12-03-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Ok...I'll ask you this then............If your the owner of the Sox and you have proven facts as to "people come when they are winning" , So wouldn't it make sense to spend the money first and then they will come vs playing this stupid ****ing game he (Reinsdorf) plays with fans...."Come and I'll spend then" ? Because There is a such thing in business , where you spend money first to make money later!!

The question is for Perzynski4prez...

Can you explain how revenue has no effect on expenses? What business operates where your income has no barring on your expenses, would love to hear that one. You and Blams both should start a business together. Reinsdorf is worth a lot, so is every single owner out there. So why this demand for us to be a top 5 payroll club when we're bottom 5-8 in attendance year after year. That falls on a lot of people, Reinsdorf included but also the fans.

Right now the payroll is 175 million. Has it even been even that close to being that high? It's growing and growing every year, do you really expect us to go from 140 million in 2021 to 220 million in a single year? And those 2023-2024 numbers, do they include team/player options, arbitration eligible raises? How many players does that 86 million cover? Over 10?

There's so much that goes into it, I swear people just expect us to spend and spend big. I'm not a Reinsdorf lover by any means, but just pointing out obvious business facts. We want a bigger payroll, then we shouldn't be bottom 5 in attendance year after year (excluding 2021).

Edit: For the record, we offered Machado about 300 million, and Zach Wheeler I believe 125 for 5 years, being the highest bidding team.
    The TV deals pretty much pay for the players salaries. Again stop equating attendance with where the Sox payroll is at. If the Sox put a good product on the field the fans will show up they always have. Just like blams showed you the payroll on the previous page. When the Sox are good they get over 2 million fans a year.

Yes I expect the Sox payroll to massively jump when their championship window is WIDE OPEN. With the correct moves, this team could win the 2-3 World Series in the next 6-7 years. Jerry went and hired is damn friend in TLR at least he can open his damn wallet and help the man out.

I don't care what they offer to players who don't sign the contract. Machado's contract offer was laughable, the man wanted a straight up $300 million dollar contract with no crazy kickers or incentives. If they were serious they would've just offered him what he wanted. Wheeler's contract was a good offer his family just wanted to be closer to home. But guess what you really want him give him a little more so he can't say no.

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast