Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    We may end up having to trade a very popular player or two. It will extend our contention window and possibly give us flexibility to improve.
    Moving Keuchel is a must, even if we have to eat half his salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Moving Keuchel is a must, even if we have to eat half his salary.
    qft
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

No to Leury playing anything other than the Super Utility role. RF I have dreams of Conforto landing a "pillow deal" like Robbie Ray and Semien did with Toronto, 1 year about QO type money. We need a SP but I don't think Max is in the equation, even if we had the money to sign him, I think he prefers to stay out West. We may need to go through the trade market to get another front line pitcher in here. Regarding Keuchel, I think we move him but we have to give up a prospect with him to get out from under his salary

Trent Dilfer & Tim Hasselbeck

Move #1, see you TLR, thanks for your efforts.
    Keuchel and Kimbrel can both go.
    Need a #2 catcher badly.
    Also needed: at least 1 SP/resign or replace Tepera. Marshall should be back too.
    Eloy needs a 1B glove, Burger needs an OF glove. Vaughn and Sheets are here to stay.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Move #1, see you TLR, thanks for your efforts.
    Keuchel and Kimbrel can both go.
    Need a #2 catcher badly.
    Also needed: at least 1 SP/resign or replace Tepera. Marshall should be back too.
    Eloy needs a 1B glove, Burger needs an OF glove. Vaughn and Sheets are here to stay.
    TLR leaves only if he wants to IMO

This is on our players underachieving. Bummer wasn’t consistent all season. Kimbrel wasn’t trustworthy as a White Sox player. Kopech has been miserable since that Indians 5 run implosion. Cesar didn’t hit for us. Eloy and Robert missed significant time. Robert performed to his expectations. Eloy wasn’t close to his. Yoan just isn’t a consistent hitter. Abreu had a solid finish hitting wise, and was great on D, but he was inconsistent hitting for most of the season. Grandal started awful hitting. He got hot, got hurt, came back firing, but was never really there defensively. He would be a great DH with a start or 2 behind the plate per week. Madrigal getting hurt killed us. Heuer, Marshall, and Foster didn’t come close to expectations. Gio was solid but not elite. Lynn was elite until he wore down the final 2 months. Rodon wore down too after an elite 3/4 season. Timmy was great hitting but dealt with a couple nagging injuries. Defensively his nonchalant throws cost us plenty. He’s still not a great defensive SS. Hendriks was only elite for 1 month. You always had a feeling he might give up a bomb this year.

If we are looking to improve and land a front line starter, it is going to take a lot more than any prospect in our system. We are going to have to consider trading a current marketable player on our roster. Who fits the bill as capable of getting a haul in return and can be somewhat replaceable.

I have a name in mind, but what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Maybe at the deadline, but I think he gets moved in the offseason. At least I hope.

All of our acquisitions were bad this summer. Happy we tried. Sad they pretty much all blew.
    I know that you and I butted heads on the Kimbrel deal at the time. I felt and still feel in was an overpay.

1) have heard the term “surprising return for the Cubs” by commentators.
    2) the term “tax” to do business with cross-town rivals has been mentioned.
    3) the Sox admitted that it took a “clearly best offer” to get Kimbrel.
    4) the Sox had to clearly outbid several other teams that needed a closer and still didn’t offer anything on par with the Sox, who already had a closer for 2/3 more years.

That to me is an overpay, and now we are going to settle for diminished returns, on a guy that contributed nothing. Ouch!

Sox should keep Kimbrel. It's a mechanical issue and if he's happy to setup next season I think he'll be ok

Only concern is this dominant first half is more of an outlier for him when you look at the past 3 seasons.

As far as what the Sox should do?

They are projected to be 8th in payroll next season. I expect them to get into the top 5 or , again, **** JR. Spend the money. Dont **** around.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Sox should keep Kimbrel. It's a mechanical issue and if he's happy to setup next season I think he'll be ok

Only concern is this dominant first half is more of an outlier for him when you look at the past 3 seasons.

As far as what the Sox should do?

They are projected to be 8th in payroll next season. I expect them to get into the top 5 or , again, **** JR. Spend the money. Dont **** around.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I don’t know when the Sox have to decide on whether to pick up the option, but I am fairly sure it is before the free agency market gets underway. They just have to try to read the closer market and what they think his market value is. Im just not sure he has retained $16mil of value for the upcoming season.

If we are looking to improve and land a front line starter, it is going to take a lot more than any prospect in our system. We are going to have to consider trading a current marketable player on our roster. Who fits the bill as capable of getting a haul in return and can be somewhat replaceable.

I have a name in mind, but what do you guys think?
    Moncada and we use Burger at 3b

I know that you and I butted heads on the Kimbrel deal at the time. I felt and still feel in was an overpay.

1) have heard the term “surprising return for the Cubs” by commentators.
    2) the term “tax” to do business with cross-town rivals has been mentioned.
    3) the Sox admitted that it took a “clearly best offer” to get Kimbrel.
    4) the Sox had to clearly outbid several other teams that needed a closer and still didn’t offer anything on par with the Sox, who already had a closer for 2/3 more years.

That to me is an overpay, and now we are going to settle for diminished returns, on a guy that contributed nothing. Ouch!
    You look at what Chapman cost. It was inline. It just didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Moncada and we use Burger at 3b
    Yea that's not going to happen.

You don't trade the guy who gets on base the second most on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Yea that's not going to happen.

You don't trade the guy who gets on base the second most on the team.
    You do if you need to make a solid move. Not saying the likely hood, but he's the one to move if you need to improve a couple of areas with the least disruption.

The Sox don't have a lot of trade material.
    Burger might get you something, Collins-nope.
    Adolpho maybe has some value.
    They need a SP, a 2 or 3 type - has to be free agency IMO.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast