Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Well I thought you had to have a certain amount of PA's to qualify for the Silver Slugger. But with Zunino and Grandal having the same amount of PA's the finalist list is LOL! How can you leave off Yaz and have SancheZ!?!?!?

Yaz had a .940 OPS with a 159 wRC+ in 375 PA's.

Zunino had a .860 OPS with a 134 wRC+ in 375 PA's.

Sanchez had a .730 OPS with a 99 wRC+ in 440 PA's LOL!!!! I mean come on!!!!

Perez had a .860 OPS with a 127 wRC+ in 665 PA's.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Tim Anderson is the only White Sox player to be a finalist for the Silver Slugger at his position for 2021.
    So the players do have something about this and not just the manager of a club. Huh.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Well I thought you had to have a certain amount of PA's to qualify for the Silver Slugger. But with Zunino and Grandal having the same amount of PA's the finalist list is LOL! How can you leave off Yaz and have SancheZ!?!?!?

That does seem super fishy

That's awful having Sanchez up there. But for Silver Slugger, as good as Yaz was Perez runs away with it this year with the power numbers he put up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    That's awful having Sanchez up there. But for Silver Slugger, as good as Yaz was Perez runs away with it this year with the power numbers he put up.
    Yea Perez is probably going to be the winner, but to have Sanchez a finalist is mind boggling.

Yea Perez is probably going to be the winner, but to have Sanchez a finalist is mind boggling.
    Except offensively, Yas was better at the plate. Isn't that what the award is for?

Yes the Silver Slugger is for offensive production for each position.

Curious to know if people think it would be a good time to try to buy low on Bellinger. Vaughn, try to add in Keuchel, if not Kimbrel.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would LOVE to get Bellinger. I know he had a terrible year but buying low on a once MVP player like him is what can make for a great trade.
    Dodgers always want star power so Vaughn plus Keuchel or even Kimbrel as you suggest, would be fine with me.
    Bellinger was a stud, he is still young, so there is no reason he can't return to form.

OT: I have always liked AJP but those sentiments changed after hearing him announce the Sox/Houston playoff games. Interested what others thought about that.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    I would LOVE to get Bellinger. I know he had a terrible year but buying low on a once MVP player like him is what can make for a great trade.
    Dodgers always want star power so Vaughn plus Keuchel or even Kimbrel as you suggest, would be fine with me.
    Bellinger was a stud, he is still young, so there is no reason he can't return to form.

OT: I have always liked AJP but those sentiments changed after hearing him announce the Sox/Houston playoff games. Interested what others thought about that.
    I thought the same thing. As a matter of fact I posted the question of whether anyone had heard anything on AJ having a falling out with the Sox. Maybe he is bitter that he didnít get a shot to manage the team.

Canít see any scenario it doesnít go to Perez. Although Yaz had higher OPS, the home runs and RBIs give Perez a huge advantage, not to mention that he did it over a full season of ABs.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post

Yeah AJ was pretty harsh on us but I still hope.

Bellinger for 3 years until he hits FA, maybe still making 65-75mil over those 3 years in arbitration based on where he was this season.

Or Vaughn for 6 years at around that same cost, if that, plus say Kimbrel.

You would think LA would go for it if they're trying to bring back Max and Seager (plus Kershaw is FA).

If he can rebound just a little bit, man adding him into our lineup would be pretty nice. Then sign Semien and Syndergaard and **** we're ready to go. Payroll probably at about 190 though to do this all. And I know there's much better SP options this FA, but I'm sure we get priced out of many of those deals (remember we don't go big money on pitchers). To be honest I think this free agency has some of the most talent ever available. If there was ever a year for Jerry to just go for it this is it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reports are saying that Ozzie interviewed for the vacant SD managerial opening before they eventually hired Bob Melvin. It would have been fun to see Ozzie back in the dugout, albeit from afar.

Yolbert Sanchez finally getting a couple games in a row in Arizona. 5-7 in those games. He's 8-23 now. Not bad. Also only 1 K in those 24 AB's. Dude is going to get a crack at 2B next spring! Hitting .421! He's pretty much been hot since his AA call up where he hit .343 in 143 AB's. If his glove is as elite as I keep reading in his scouting reports, then I'd be more then happy with that bat as a bonus. Low K's, decent BB's, solid contact, elite defense. I truly think he is why we traded Madrigal. He'll be 25 in March, so he might not need much more time in the minors.
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 11-03-2021 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Yolbert Sanchez finally getting a couple games in a row in Arizona. 5-7 in those games. He's 8-23 now. Not bad. Also only 1 K in those 24 AB's. Dude is going to get a crack at 2B next spring! Hitting .421! He's pretty much been hot since his AA call up where he hit .343 in 143 AB's. If his glove is as elite as I keep reading in his scouting reports, then I'd be more then happy with that bat as a bonus. Low K's, decent BB's, solid contact, elite defense. I truly think he is why we traded Madrigal. He'll be 25 in March, so he might not need much more time in the minors.
    I'd be quite content with Yolbert at 2b. As long as he can field, we can carry whatever bat he gives us.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I'd be quite content with Yolbert at 2b. As long as he can field, we can carry whatever bat he gives us.
    If you have The Athletic, they just put out an article on our Arizona fall league participants. Cespedes not adjusting to the step up in comp quite as well as Rodriguez and Yolbert. Oddly Yolbert is getting the least run, but heís doing the most with his chances.

By all scouting reports, Yolbert has elite defense as a SS, but is getting worked at 2B and 3B for versatility. The fact that he walks decent and Kís seldom, I like his chances at being a successful 2B for us. Sounds like a better defender then Madrigal, with similar hitting albeit slightly less elite K Rate, which to be fair, no one is as elite as Madrigal there. Also has more pop upside then Madrigal will ever have. If he comes up as a gold glove caliber guy that can hit for average and contact, Iíll get over Madrigal being gone pretty quickly.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast