Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

I legit don't understand Conservative + Anti-mandate

Can someone please break it down in the "for dummies" view? This is honestly not an attack. But seeing the Texas Governor about-face on his views on private business mandates confuses me.

Traditionally, Conservative = preserve individual decision making or decide as a group so long as it aligns with traditional "conservative values".

I feel like the idea of revoking a private business's authority to invoke a vaccine or mask mandate seems like a total conundrum to the conservative viewpoint. On one hand you are attempting to preserve the individual liberty of customers/employees, but on the other the individual liberty of business owners right to choose. How can this be decided who's rights should be infringed? Do you just flip a coin?

That was just a bit of added humor but I really want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Can someone please break it down in the "for dummies" view? This is honestly not an attack. But seeing the Texas Governor about-face on his views on private business mandates confuses me.

Traditionally, Conservative = preserve individual decision making or decide as a group so long as it aligns with traditional "conservative values".

I feel like the idea of revoking a private business's authority to invoke a vaccine or mask mandate seems like a total conundrum to the conservative viewpoint. On one hand you are attempting to preserve the individual liberty of customers/employees, but on the other the individual liberty of business owners right to choose. How can this be decided who's rights should be infringed? Do you just flip a coin?

I could be wrong but I think it breaks down to whose freedoms are you willing to protect more. It appears that the individual is more important than the business. I can understand but Iím not sure I agree. I would rather the business either prosper or suffer depending on their decisions.
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Isn't Texas banning vaccine mandates a mandate? How anti mandate can they be then?
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-12-2021 at 09:50 PM.

I think businesses should have the option to mandate vaccines but I donít think it should be done on a federal or state level. Let each employer decide themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't funny. At all.

To answer your question: When people start comparing the non vaccinated to mass murderers...people really need to start question their own mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    It wasn't funny. At all.

To answer your question: When people start comparing the non vaccinated to mass murderers...people really need to start question their own mindset.
    So you for are for trampling on your own principles so you can own the libs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-13-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Isn't Texas banning vaccine mandates a mandate? How anti mandate can they be then?
    Fed government has been targeted non-vaccinated companies. This was Texas responding to it. Contrary to what you believe, these very same people who are against the mandates are the same people you want on your side if the government ever became corrupt enough (not saying it will happen) and decided to try some funny stuff. The decision should be a free and not coerced. I don't believe the government should be in charge of mandating treatments when the overwhelming majority of young folks are not dying from COVID or have any significant symptoms. If age and health-related factors make you more prone to COVID-19 symptoms, then maybe you should highly consider the vaccine. But younger folks? Show me a statistic that shows it is more dangerous than the other drugs that the government has known about but refuses to actively prevent it. Cigarettes were known to be bad as early as the 1950's.... the government sure had no problem allowing tobacco companies to dominate the industry while also collecting exorbitant taxes all the while. The majority are NOT against the vaccine. They are against the MANDATE. And that's from both sides. You have democrats who also believe the mandates is not okay.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Fed government has been targeted non-vaccinated companies. This was Texas responding to it. Contrary to what you believe, these very same people who are against the mandates are the same people you want on your side if the government ever became corrupt enough (not saying it will happen) and decided to try some funny stuff. The decision should be a free and not coerced. I don't believe the government should be in charge of mandating treatments when the overwhelming majority of young folks are not dying from COVID or have any significant symptoms. If age and health-related factors make you more prone to COVID-19 symptoms, then maybe you should highly consider the vaccine. But younger folks? Show me a statistic that shows it is more dangerous than the other drugs that the government has known about but refuses to actively prevent it. Cigarettes were known to be bad as early as the 1950's.... the government sure had no problem allowing tobacco companies to dominate the industry while also collecting exorbitant taxes all the while. The majority are NOT against the vaccine. They are against the MANDATE. And that's from both sides. You have democrats who also believe the mandates is not okay.
    I'm just saying they can't be that anti mandate when putting a mandate like that in place. As for the reason they did it, I don't need to hear the spiel. We've been talking about this months in the COVID thread. There absolutely should be COVID mandates in certain areas of Texas government, health providers, schools, etc. As for private businesses? That should be up to the individual owner what they ask from their employees. If restaurants or gyms want proof of vaccination status, that should be their decision. I don't give a **** about the statistics we've gone over hundreds of times. Its not just about the kids and 20 and 30 somethings that attend most of these walks of life. Do they all live in bubbles? No? Then until they do, their likelihood of being hospitalized or getting sick is secondary. Its also about the continued propagation of the virus as a whole.

Btw, nearly a person an hour has died from COVID in age brackets 20-39 since the first reported cases in January of 2020. That's pretty significant and not just the old and sick folk narrative people like to cling to.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm just saying they can't be that anti mandate when putting a mandate like that in place. As for the reason they did it, I don't need to hear the spiel. We've been talking about this months in the COVID thread. There absolutely should be COVID mandates in certain areas of Texas government, health providers, schools, etc. As for private businesses? That should be up to the individual owner what they ask from their employees. If restaurants or gyms want proof of vaccination status, that should be their decision. I don't give a **** about the statistics we've gone over hundreds of times. Its not just about the kids and 20 and 30 somethings that attend most of these walks of life. Do they all live in bubbles? No? Then until they do, their likelihood of being hospitalized or getting sick is secondary. Its also about the continued propagation of the virus as a whole.

Btw, nearly a person an hour has died from COVID in age brackets 20-39 since the first reported cases in January of 2020. That's pretty significant and not just the old and sick folk narrative people like to cling to.
    Lol.

Lol.
    If you're against mandates, fine but nothing I said was unreasonable or untrue. Don't you think hospitals should have vaccine mandates? Because that's the only hilarious thing in this thread if you are going to try and die on that hill.

Don't you think private business owners should be able to determine what they want from their employees or customers to patronize their establishments? They're trying to do their part in terms of protecting the public and its their business.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-13-2021 at 10:18 AM.

If someone isn't vaccinated and they go into the hospital requiring care, they should be billed 100% for the cost.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If someone isn't vaccinated and they go into the hospital requiring care, they should be billed 100% for the cost.
    That's insane

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

You're stupid!
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

That is repressive to the extreme. Medical professionals have an oath that shouldn't be hamstrung by public belief on who is worthy or not worthy of their care. Denying aid falls in that as well. We got to starting thinking of extending aid not finding reasons to not give it.

You are thinking like a republican.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast