Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The top 1% are paying less taxes than we are.
    No, they pay more. They pay far and away more. But they make far, far, far and away more.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No, they pay more. They pay far and away more. But they make far, far, far and away more.
    Given your pay more but make far, far more wording, it seems you understand the concept that they pay a lower % of their income in taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Given your pay more but make far, far more wording, it seems you understand the concept that they pay a lower % of their income in taxes.
    Yes but that was not what was said.
    And I am also in favor of the removal on the SS cap if SS is to remain.

If you earn more than than the threshold, you stop paying the FICA tax. That means people earning under it pay 100% of the FICA but people who earn more are paying less than 100% of the FICA.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

If you earn more than than the threshold, you stop paying the FICA tax. That means people earning under it pay 100% of the FICA but people who earn more are paying less than 100% of the FICA.
    Yes that is how the math works. If you make 50K you pay less than those making 200K.

Let me know when we can stop this.

Another perspective: the person making $142,800 is paying the exact same FICA as the person making $1,428,000 (and the person making $14,280,000 for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Another perspective: the person making $142,800 is paying the exact same FICA as the person making $1,428,000 (and the person making $14,280,000 for that matter).
    That is unfair in my eyes. Should be no cap if the system is to remain.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm just saying they can't be that anti mandate when putting a mandate like that in place. As for the reason they did it, I don't need to hear the spiel. We've been talking about this months in the COVID thread. There absolutely should be COVID mandates in certain areas of Texas government, health providers, schools, etc. As for private businesses? That should be up to the individual owner what they ask from their employees. If restaurants or gyms want proof of vaccination status, that should be their decision. I don't give a **** about the statistics we've gone over hundreds of times. Its not just about the kids and 20 and 30 somethings that attend most of these walks of life. Do they all live in bubbles? No? Then until they do, their likelihood of being hospitalized or getting sick is secondary. Its also about the continued propagation of the virus as a whole.

Btw, nearly a person an hour has died from COVID in age brackets 20-39 since the first reported cases in January of 2020. That's pretty significant and not just the old and sick folk narrative people like to cling to.
    2 people die a minute from car accidents. People generally don't have a good way of understanding big numbers.

I live in Texas and I think Abbot has kind of gone round the bend in the last couple years. I agreed with him on his early handling of the vid, and agreed when he removed state regulations and directly supported counties, cities, and businesses deciding their own rules for themselves. His turn to removing that control is an odd authoritarian turn for someone who had been against central control so recently. His lunacy on abortion, and now this ... makes me wonder if it's pressure from political donors that he's bowing to.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    2 people die a minute from car accidents. People generally don't have a good way of understanding big numbers.

I live in Texas and I think Abbot has kind of gone round the bend in the last couple years. I agreed with him on his early handling of the vid, and agreed when he removed state regulations and directly supported counties, cities, and businesses deciding their own rules for themselves. His turn to removing that control is an odd authoritarian turn for someone who had been against central control so recently. His lunacy on abortion, and now this ... makes me wonder if it's pressure from political donors that he's bowing to.
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=us+dea...ANNTA1&PC=U531

Yes that is how the math works. If you make 50K you pay less than those making 200K.

Let me know when we can stop this.
    You really shouldn't go after someone else's understanding when you mistake the difference between total and marginal. The person making $200K pays more total tax but their marginal contribution to FICA is 0. If they earn an extra dollar, they won't pay a penny in FICA tax meanwhile the person making $50K will pay the full tax on the penny.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

You really shouldn't go after someone else's understanding when you mistake the difference between total and marginal. The person making $200K pays more total tax but their marginal contribution to FICA is 0. If they earn an extra dollar, they won't pay a penny in FICA tax meanwhile the person making $50K will pay the full tax on the penny.
    Not only do I not have any issues with math and accurately called you out, you again missed what I posted. I agree that there is a cap and that if the system exists it should be removed.

Offer it and I will accept your apology.

What is with you sensitive weirdos always expecting apologies out of people?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Because globally yes more than 2 a minute. Locally, which is what we are all speaking of, it's like 4 an hour. That's all.

Because globally yes more than 2 a minute. Locally, which is what we are all speaking of, it's like 4 an hour. That's all.
    The post I replied to didn't limit it to the US so I didn't. But if that 2 an hour number is important the 4 an hour to car accidents is twice as big a deal. My point was more that big numbers are tough for people to understand, and the fact that most people seeing that "2 an hour" thing will be shocked while not realizing where that is relative to other things that don't get as much press.

I'm conflicted on mandating medical procedures ... I understand those mandates for the military and for kids in public school, but beyond that it becomes more of a problem for me.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast