Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Yeah bro, it really does. That’s straight from the CDC, which issued a study showing that mRNA vaccines lower the probability of being infected by 90%. That’s on top of the benefits it provides in the unlikely scenario you do have a breakthrough infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I am double vaccinated and my likely hood of being infected goes down by 90% why would I care if you are not vaccinated? His point was that Kyrie is putting people in danger, well if the entire league is vaccinated, and have a 90% less chance of getting infected how would Kyrie put them at risk if he is being tested regularly?

Also to my understanding, even when I was getting the vaccine it was explained to me very clearly that I still have to socially distance, I still have to wear a mask, I still have to sanitize, why? because I can still get the virus, and I can still spread the virus. Even being double vaxxed, I got the virus from my mother who is also double vaxxed.

Also after you get the 2nd vaccine you usually do get sick, and I was told to stay home for a week just be on the safe side, because had I went back to work I could have gotten other people sick. This what I was told when I received my vaccination. Were you told something different?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm not saying I know more but...I've been working in vaccine outreach for 3 months and yes, it reduces the likelihood you get it. And you can't spread it if you didn't get it.

Regardless, over 90% of serious Covid complications is coming from those who are unvaxed.
    you are saying you know more. and thats fine maybe you do. But please explain to me how Kyrie is putting people at risk if most of the league is vaccinated. If he was regularly tested, what risk is he putting others in?

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    you are saying you know more. and thats fine maybe you do. But please explain to me how Kyrie is putting people at risk if most of the league is vaccinated. If he was regularly tested, what risk is he putting others in?
    I'm really not wanting to sound like I know more, it's just been a focus for me these past weeks more than it's been for the average Joe.

Anyone at more risk to get it, as an unvaxed person is, is more likely to infect others. Other players might be healthy and less likey to be impacted, but what about everybody else that comes in contact with him? Or comes in contact with them after he's been in contact? There's plenty of other staff and coaches, some older and/or compromised. And that's just within the organization.

It's no different than a computer virus, only we're talking about people's lives.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Kyrie is acting like a weasel to support those that have lost their jobs because their own “research” tells them the vaccine is whatever the **** they made up?

Or maybe Kyrie just has massive mental problems but because he’s so good at basketball, everyone around him just goes along with it. Now he’s on a legit contender again and he’s being told to man up. Honestly, he needs to step back and get help.

Trade Kyrie for Simmons. A player who could only play half of the games for a player who’s only effective on half of the court.

Honestly, who would trade for Irving right now? IMO his trade value plummets with all that's going on
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You're correct, not amused.
    A protest is one thing, but putting himself and others at risk for something completely unrelated.
    Is it unrelated? You must have missed the discussion about BLM gathering (many without masks) to protest and people on this very thread said that somethings are more important to fight against.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    Kyrie is and has always been extremely stupid. It's just showing up more in his anti-vaxx stance.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I dont know that he's dumb, I think he's probably actually semi smart but he's not as smart as he thinks he is and thinks taking some contrarian, devils advocate stance on everything makes him smart.

Cuz in addition to the flat earth and dinosaur crap, wasn't he also at the forefront of trying to convince guys not to go to the bubble? Not saying that's right or wrong, but it feels like he's always on the minority side of every arguement, at least amongst his NBA peers. So either he does think differently, or he's convinced himself to always look at both sides of the arguement and thinks gravitating to the discenting opinion makes him seem an intellectual.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    So I am double vaccinated and my likely hood of being infected goes down by 90% why would I care if you are not vaccinated? His point was that Kyrie is putting people in danger, well if the entire league is vaccinated, and have a 90% less chance of getting infected how would Kyrie put them at risk if he is being tested regularly?

Also to my understanding, even when I was getting the vaccine it was explained to me very clearly that I still have to socially distance, I still have to wear a mask, I still have to sanitize, why? because I can still get the virus, and I can still spread the virus. Even being double vaxxed, I got the virus from my mother who is also double vaxxed.

Also after you get the 2nd vaccine you usually do get sick, and I was told to stay home for a week just be on the safe side, because had I went back to work I could have gotten other people sick. This what I was told when I received my vaccination. Were you told something different?
    I was not told and have not heard of anyone else who was told to stay home if you get sick after the vaccine. Are you saying after you got a breakthrough covid case or had a reaction to the vaccine? Becuase if it's the latter, I was not told to stay home if I was sick with vaccine response symptoms. I mean, for your own sake it's wise to stay home if you're feeling like crap just to rest, but no one where I got my Vax indicated that I was in any risk of transmitting my post vaccine symptoms to anyone nor that I should stay home beyond the time it took for me to feel better. They did say full effectiveness doesnt take place for 2 or so weeks after the shot, so be extra cautious as if you werent vaxxed for 2 weeks. But that's it.

Kyrie is saying he’s not anti-vax, just anti-mandate. But vaccines are created in an effort to eradicate or all but eradicate a serious infection. So vaccines can really only be effective in their base purpose if “everyone” is vaccinated. Anti-mandate is anti-vax. If people had done their civic duty to help in the effort at eradicating Covid, there would be no mandates.

Those who refuse to be vaccinated are anti-mandate and may lose their jobs because they are endagering everyone else. Tests can be wrong and people can be infecting others before a test can recognize the infection.

Kyrie is rightfully concerned for the Black community, but the community is at higher risk of serious infectionas a result of systemic inequities. In the case of the Covid vaccine, there is no inequity; the vaccines, the same vaccines, are available to everyone, and widely available outside of normal work hours. Respected and visible Blacks embracing anti-mandate/anti-vaccination only promotes a totally avoidable inequity. It is endangering the community, not standing up for it.

I have thought that Stephon Marbury had regained his sanity in China, but now I hear that he’s said Muhammad Ali would be proud of Kyrie. But that’s insane. First, Ali refused the draft because he didn’t want to kill people of color in a “post”-colonial war to maintain global ambitions and power. That refusal did not have a negative effect on the Black community, but Kyrie’s position does. Ask Kareem, who knew Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Trade Kyrie for Simmons. A player who could only play half of the games for a player who’s only effective on half of the court.
    At this point, do it

Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    Kyrie is saying he’s not anti-vax, just anti-mandate. But vaccines are created in an effort to eradicate or all but eradicate a serious infection. So vaccines can really only be effective in their base purpose if “everyone” is vaccinated. Anti-mandate is anti-vax. If people had done their civic duty to help in the effort at eradicating Covid, there would be no mandates.

Those who refuse to be vaccinated are anti-mandate and may lose their jobs because they are endagering everyone else. Tests can be wrong and people can be infecting others before a test can recognize the infection.

Kyrie is rightfully concerned for the Black community, but the community is at higher risk of serious infectionas a result of systemic inequities. In the case of the Covid vaccine, there is no inequity; the vaccines, the same vaccines, are available to everyone, and widely available outside of normal work hours. Respected and visible Blacks embracing anti-mandate/anti-vaccination only promotes a totally avoidable inequity. It is endangering the community, not standing up for it.

I have thought that Stephon Marbury had regained his sanity in China, but now I hear that he’s said Muhammad Ali would be proud of Kyrie. But that’s insane. First, Ali refused the draft because he didn’t want to kill people of color in a “post”-colonial war to maintain global ambitions and power. That refusal did not have a negative effect on the Black community, but Kyrie’s position does. Ask Kareem, who knew Ali.
    anti-mandate is NOT anti-vax. There are a lot of people who are anti-mandate who are already vaccinated. Look at the Nordic countries, they are the most vaccinated countries and they are hard core anti-mandate.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    anti-mandate is NOT anti-vax. There are a lot of people who are anti-mandate who are already vaccinated. Look at the Nordic countries, they are the most vaccinated countries and they are hard core anti-mandate.
    I am one of those people, and maybe because I have so much family in Sweden I was swayed by them because they didn’t force people to lose jobs, they have some of the lowest counts in cases, they didn’t go through several sever lock downs. People willingly got the vaccine but they didn’t outcast those who chose not too. I just think they have handled the pandemic as good as anyone and we can take a page out of their book. In general their governments are always fair.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I was not told and have not heard of anyone else who was told to stay home if you get sick after the vaccine. Are you saying after you got a breakthrough covid case or had a reaction to the vaccine? Becuase if it's the latter, I was not told to stay home if I was sick with vaccine response symptoms. I mean, for your own sake it's wise to stay home if you're feeling like crap just to rest, but no one where I got my Vax indicated that I was in any risk of transmitting my post vaccine symptoms to anyone nor that I should stay home beyond the time it took for me to feel better. They did say full effectiveness doesnt take place for 2 or so weeks after the shot, so be extra cautious as if you werent vaxxed for 2 weeks. But that's it.
    Yes I was told after my second vaccine that if I had symptoms it be better to stay home and play it safe. There was also an outbreak out my work place (24 possitive cases) it just seemed like we were passing it to one another like ping pong. A couple of people got the virus twice.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Not all. I’m just tied of famous people or we’ll off people saying they are “doing something out of solidarity” then fail to put their money where there mouth is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There was a story awhile back, and I'm probably not getting the details perfectly, but I think it was one of the Jenner girl's personal hair stylist had some tragic accident or something that involved some high medical bills. And whichever Jenner it was like retweeted the Kickstarter someone made for the hair stylist.

And I get it, they can't just throw money at everyone. And I get that, as lame as it is, her retweeting that probably brought in a bunch more money for the hairstylist just due to awareness. But a family that literally has a combined net worth of over a billion dollars retweeting Kickstarters for someone they know personally who probably needs 10s of thousands of dollars to solve their issue just makes you realize how ****ed up this world really is sometimes.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast