Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 153
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,440
    My colleague said he should decline the vaccine in protest of police brutality/systemic racism/etc... I don't think most of you would be amused by his joke but maybe he's onto something.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    My colleague said he should decline the vaccine in protest of police brutality/systemic racism/etc... I don't think most of you would be amused by his joke but maybe he's onto something.
    You're correct, not amused.
    A protest is one thing, but putting himself and others at risk for something completely unrelated.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,015
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    If he is in fact standing up for people who are losing their jobs, that is actually pretty admirable. Especially since hes wiling to sacrifice his own money and career. But is that really the reason? or is that just the picture he is painting? I have no clue. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but its Kyrie.
    How is it admirable?! Do you expect police departments and hospitals to be swayed by a basketball player 'taking a stance'? It's an excuse, it's moving the goalposts, it's trying to look good while really he's just not finding another 'out'.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,937
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Then why not offer to support those families with game checks he’s getting paid not to play in?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do we really think an athlete can support all those people single handedly? those are a lot of families to support. Were talking thousands of people.

    The idea isnt for Kyrie to support all these people financially, the idea is to support their right to work and provide food on the table. If 500k people lost jobs due to mandates and Kyrie gave them each 100k, that would support them for a year or two max. So that's not exactly a solution bro.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,937
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    How is it admirable?! Do you expect police departments and hospitals to be swayed by a basketball player 'taking a stance'? It's an excuse, it's moving the goalposts, it's trying to look good while really he's just not finding another 'out'.
    We dont know that... we can only assume. Hense why I said I dont know what his true motives are.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,937
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    How is it admirable?! Do you expect police departments and hospitals to be swayed by a basketball player 'taking a stance'? It's an excuse, it's moving the goalposts, it's trying to look good while really he's just not finding another 'out'.
    swayed to do what? He is saying he is in support of them to be pro choice. He isn't trying to sway them to get the vaccine.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,937
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You're correct, not amused.
    A protest is one thing, but putting himself and others at risk for something completely unrelated.
    How is he putting anyone at risk? you do understand that the vaccine is simply to lesser the symptoms of Covid right? it doesn't prevent you from spreading or contracting the virus. An unvaccinated person, and a vaccinated person can spread the virus just the same.

    Im only clarifying this for you. I am vaccinated myself. But I think its important to know what the vaccine is actually doing for you. If you think you arent putting people at risk simply because you are vaccinated you are wrong. You still have to practice social distancing, you still have to wear a mask and you still have to take all of those safety measures. What the vaccine actually does, is if you get the virus it will make the symptoms much milder, and give you a quicker recovery time. It doesn't prevent you from spreading it though.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-14-2021 at 02:10 PM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,015
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    swayed to do what? He is saying he is in support of them to be pro choice. He isn't trying to sway them to get the vaccine.
    I'm talking about swaying a hospital to drop their mandates....ain't gonna happen.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,937
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm talking about swaying a hospital to drop their mandates....ain't gonna happen.
    Im not hear to debate the effectiveness of his protest. Im only talking about his stance, and according to him he is taking a stand for those who are losing their jobs due to mandates.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,635
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Do we really think an athlete can support all those people single handedly? those are a lot of families to support. Were talking thousands of people.

    The idea isnt for Kyrie to support all these people financially, the idea is to support their right to work and provide food on the table. If 500k people lost jobs due to mandates and Kyrie gave them each 100k, that would support them for a year or two max. So that's not exactly a solution bro.
    Not all. I’m just tied of famous people or we’ll off people saying they are “doing something out of solidarity” then fail to put their money where there mouth is.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,015
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    How is he putting anyone at risk? you do understand that the vaccine is simply to lesser the symptoms of Covid right? it doesn't prevent you from spreading or contracting the virus. An unvaccinated person, and a vaccinated person can spread the virus just the same.

    Im only clarifying this for you. I am vaccinated myself. But I think its important to know what the vaccine is actually doing for you. If you think you arent putting people at risk simply because you are vaccinated you are wrong. You still have to practice social distancing, you still have to wear a mask and you still have to take all of those safety measures. What the vaccine actually does, is if you get the virus it will make the symptoms much milder, and give you a quicker recovery time. It doesn't prevent you from spreading it though.
    The vaccine lowers the likelihood you get it, lowers the likelihood you spread it, and lessens your symptoms if you get it, yes. What that means is an unvaccinated person is more likely to get it, spread it, and have severe symptoms from it.

    But it also means the more people that don't get vaxed, the more it spreads, and the longer this thing sticks around. The longer it sticks around, the more likely the effectiveness of the vaccine fades that helps those who are vaccinated.

    So I tire of those who say 'if you want it, get it, if you don't, don't' because that's the mindset that is keeping this thing going. I also tire of those that say 'I have natural immunity' because they had Covid, like those antibodies will be there forever- they generally fade within months to the point their levels aren't much for protection.

    If people had masked up last year, it wouldn't have gotten so bad. And if more would get vaxed, we could still shut this down to tolerable levels. But no, people don't get vaxed because they don't like Trump or the don't get vaxed because they don't like Biden or they think they're putting freaking mind-control nanobots in them.

    Maybe he's sincere, I don't know. But given his 'intellectual' history, I'm prone to view this 'protest' as nothing more than giving him a face-saving excuse as we worries about the government tracking him.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,937
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    The vaccine lowers the likelihood you get it, lowers the likelihood you spread it, and lessens your symptoms if you get it, yes. What that means is an unvaccinated person is more likely to get it, spread it, and have severe symptoms from it.

    But it also means the more people that don't get vaxed, the more it spreads, and the longer this thing sticks around. The longer it sticks around, the more likely the effectiveness of the vaccine fades that helps those who are vaccinated.

    So I tire of those who say 'if you want it, get it, if you don't, don't' because that's the mindset that is keeping this thing going. I also tire of those that say 'I have natural immunity' because they had Covid, like those antibodies will be there forever- they generally fade within months to the point their levels aren't much for protection.

    If people had masked up last year, it wouldn't have gotten so bad. And if more would get vaxed, we could still shut this down to tolerable levels. But no, people don't get vaxed because they don't like Trump or the don't get vaxed because they don't like Biden or they think they're putting freaking mind-control nanobots in them.

    Maybe he's sincere, I don't know. But given his 'intellectual' history, I'm prone to view this 'protest' as nothing more than giving him a face-saving excuse as we worries about the government tracking him.
    no bro it really doesn't.

    And I agree, I am skeptical of Irving's true motives as well. I just dont know for certain either way.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-14-2021 at 03:06 PM.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,937
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Not all. I’m just tied of famous people or we’ll off people saying they are “doing something out of solidarity” then fail to put their money where there mouth is.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fair point lol

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,015
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    no bro it really doesn't.

    And I agree, I am skeptical of Irving's true motives as well. I just dont know for certain either way.
    I'm not saying I know more but...I've been working in vaccine outreach for 3 months and yes, it reduces the likelihood you get it. And you can't spread it if you didn't get it.

    Regardless, over 90% of serious Covid complications is coming from those who are unvaxed.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,092
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    no bro it really doesn't.

    And I agree, I am skeptical of Irving's true motives as well. I just dont know for certain either way.
    Yeah bro, it really does. That’s straight from the CDC, which issued a study showing that mRNA vaccines lower the probability of being infected by 90%. That’s on top of the benefits it provides in the unlikely scenario you do have a breakthrough infection.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •