Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I think his #1 priority is making tens of millions of dollars per year. Lets see just how far hell take this. Good on the Nets for not giving in even if it means KD might not like it. Then again, even he has a limit, Id bet. Maybe thats why the Nets got the go ahead to tell Kyrie to go screw.
    I think he's committed to not taking the vaccine more than he is playing for the Nets, but not more than he is to making money. Hope that made sense.

For visual representation, priorities:
    1: Making money
    2: Not taking the vaccine
    3: Playing for the Nets

All this to say I think the breaking point is not him giving in and getting vaccinated, but instead allowing the Nets to explore a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I think he's committed to not taking the vaccine more than he is playing for the Nets, but not more than he is to making money. Hope that made sense.

All this to say I think the breaking point is not him giving in and getting vaccinated, but instead allowing the Nets to explore a trade.
    If that happens, you potentially end the Nets dynasty before it can even start because KD is eventually going to want out and so will James Harden

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If that happens, you potentially end the Nets dynasty before it can even start because KD is eventually going to want out and so will James Harden
    I think him and Durant can work past it as long as he knows it's coming from him. If he comes to him and says "I want the Nets to work out a trade for me, not because of anything the Nets are doing, but the city of NY."

The Nets were smart in painting the narrative that they have no problem with Kyrie declining the vaccine. This may work out yet for them.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post

Hes said hed rather retire than play elsewhere. So he has the choice of getting vaccinated and playing for the Nets/making tens of millions or effectively retiring. There appears to be no middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Kyrie/Russ swap?

Reunite Kyrie with his pal LeBron, reunite Russ with his pal KD. Who says no?
    Everyone lol

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Hes said hed rather retire than play elsewhere. So he has the choice of getting vaccinated and playing for the Nets/making tens of millions or effectively retiring. There appears to be no middle ground.
    I think it's easier to reverse course and save face on the trade front than it is the vaccine front. But I can always be wrong.

Right call by the Nets. Maybe I'm naive but I still think Kyrie gives in at some point during the season and gets the shot. It feels like it'll either be that or he retires. Or maybe restrictions ease up idk

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Kyrie/Russ swap?

Reunite Kyrie with his pal LeBron, reunite Russ with his pal KD. Who says no?
    Heck no, not in a million years. I like Kyrie as a ball player, but heck no I don't want him on my team. Westbrook gets flack for taking dumb shots at times and not making the best decisions in key moments, but he is a competitor and will come out and play 100% on a nightly basis. The same cannot be said of Kyrie.

When you factor in all the bs you get from Kyrie on a nightly basis, it's not even close...Westbrook >>>>>>>>>>>> Kyrie

If Kyrie was focused on winning and actually playing b-ball and not being a distraction I might have a different take, but given his history, thanks but no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Right call by the Nets. Maybe I'm naive but I still think Kyrie gives in at some point during the season and gets the shot. It feels like it'll either be that or he retires. Or maybe restrictions ease up idk
    Kyrie is a perfect example of a guy who has all the tools and abilities but is lacking the motivation to really take that next step and be great

Kyrie is a ****ing weirdo.

Does KD and Harden even want to be a part of this drama?

Harden for Simmons. Why not

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    The Nets will still be contenders without Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Kyrie is a perfect example of a guy who has all the tools and abilities but is lacking the motivation to really take that next step and be great
    I remember when people thought Kyrie was better than Dame.

i dont want anything to do with kyrie even though he would be perfect with joel... dudes a ****ing moronic nutcase. pass

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast