Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yes I was told after my second vaccine that if I had symptoms it be better to stay home and play it safe. There was also an outbreak out my work place (24 possitive cases) it just seemed like we were passing it to one another like ping pong. A couple of people got the virus twice.
    I mean that makes sense if there was an outbreak at your place of work. I think your situation is somewhat unique in that regard. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't heard any situations where you didn't have a potential exposure where someone was told to stay home due to potential reactions to the vaccine. I think if you have reason to believe you had a potential exposure and the symptoms resembled covid symptoms, then logically it makes sense to stay home since the highest levels of immunity don't kic in instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I dont know that he's dumb, I think he's probably actually semi smart but he's not as smart as he thinks he is and thinks taking some contrarian, devils advocate stance on everything makes him smart.

Cuz in addition to the flat earth and dinosaur crap, wasn't he also at the forefront of trying to convince guys not to go to the bubble? Not saying that's right or wrong, but it feels like he's always on the minority side of every arguement, at least amongst his NBA peers. So either he does think differently, or he's convinced himself to always look at both sides of the arguement and thinks gravitating to the discenting opinion makes him seem an intellectual.
    Yeah he was anti bubble too. I remember that. The crazy thing is I think he was injured and he wasnít going to play in the bubble anyway. He was just advocating for others to not go which is extra douche baggy. This is why I said in my first post that I do question his motives.

I mean that makes sense if there was an outbreak at your place of work. I think your situation is somewhat unique in that regard. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't heard any situations where you didn't have a potential exposure where someone was told to stay home due to potential reactions to the vaccine. I think if you have reason to believe you had a potential exposure and the symptoms resembled covid symptoms, then logically it makes sense to stay home since the highest levels of immunity don't kic in instantly.
    It could be. Iím no expert by now means and I donít pretend to be. I just know that you still have to play it safe even when you are vaccinated.

I think if Kyrie is actually standing up for those losing their jobs that it can be a brave act of selflessness. But because itís Kyrie who knows if that is his true intention behind his stance. He doesnít have a lot of credibility at this point.

Yeah he was anti bubble too. I remember that. The crazy thing is I think he was injured and he wasnít going to play in the bubble anyway. He was just advocating for others to not go which is extra douche baggy. This is why I said in my first post that I do question his motives.
    Someone on NBA Radio said heís a 113 IQ who thinks heís a 131.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Someone on NBA Radio said heís a 113 IQ who thinks heís a 131.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that perfectly sums upy feelings on him. Feels like he went to one college philosophical debate org meeting hosted at the 70s flower child professor's house where they debated everything and has decided to live his life like every interaction is in that setting. Feels like a guy who says "let's do a thought experiment" alot.

If the league is not mandating a vaccine, Kyrie is within his right to refuse the vaccine. No one here is right or wrong. Kyrie signed up to play for the Nets. He did not sign to take vaccinations. Anything else is just the media or fans being bored and wanting to make a fuss about someone and their own personal decision.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    If the league is not mandating a vaccine, Kyrie is within his right to refuse the vaccine. No one here is right or wrong. Kyrie signed up to play for the Nets. He did not sign to take vaccinations. Anything else is just the media or fans being bored and wanting to make a fuss about someone and their own personal decision.
    You hit the nail right on the head. It's within his right to not get vaccinated especially since the league is not making it mandatory. Nevertheless, he's an idiot for just not doing it.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

It's funny how entitled our society has become. Just saw a documentary on the Polio epidemic and the reaction and response to it were polar opposite. Have spoken to many people that had the original vaccine back then and asked them if there was any debate regarding not getting the vaccine. Every single person answered that there wasn't even a notion to NOT take the vaccine. They just lined up and took it. Now Polio is eradicated. I realize that we are talking about different viruses and Polio has major physical consequences but trying to find a common ground best I can. FWIW, I have a Bachelors in Microbiology. And yes, my own birthmother refuses the COVID vaccine. A retired nurse and 76 years old with asthma.

I believe Kyrie is just making excuses on just not wanting to take the vaccine. I know many people under 113 IQ that are vaccinated . They should create another NBA franchise and put all the selfish players on that team. Starting with Kyrie and Simmons. ok, I went too far on that one.
    Last edited by WhiteShadow42; 10-15-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    You hit the nail right on the head. It's within his right to not get vaccinated especially since the league is not making it mandatory. Nevertheless, he's an idiot for just not doing it.
    Most people arenít saying itís not his right to do what heís doing, theyíre saying heís an idiot for doing what heís doing.

I donít get why Kyrie isnít open to a trade. There are lots of others players who are refusing the vaccine but can play because they arenít in NYC or SanFran. So wouldnít the logical thing be to move on to a state that doesnít have the mandate?

I donít get why Kyrie isnít open to a trade. There are lots of others players who are refusing the vaccine but can play because they arenít in NYC or SanFran. So wouldnít the logical thing be to move on to a state that doesnít have the mandate?
    Because it would be counterproductive to deciding his own fate (the 1st time he's had that). He was drafted to Cleveland (didn't choose), then was traded to Boston (not on his preferred destination list). The 1st time he's had a choice this would be taken away from him.

I agree though and said it earlier in this thread, I think he gives in and allows a trade if some other resolution doesn't appear.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    It's funny how entitled our society has become. Just saw a documentary on the Polio epidemic and the reaction and response to it were polar opposite. Have spoken to many people that had the original vaccine back then and asked them if there was any debate regarding not getting the vaccine. Every single person answered that there wasn't even a notion to NOT take the vaccine. They just lined up and took it. Now Polio is eradicated. I realize that we are talking about different viruses and Polio has major physical consequences but trying to find a common ground best I can. FWIW, I have a Bachelors in Microbiology. And yes, my own birthmother refuses the COVID vaccine. A retired nurse and 76 years old with asthma.

I believe Kyrie is just making excuses on just not wanting to take the vaccine. I know many people under 113 IQ that are vaccinated . They should create another NBA franchise and put all the selfish players on that team. Starting with Kyrie and Simmons. ok, I went too far on that one.
    Yep, our society is incredibly entitled. Definitely wouldn't want Kyrie on our team

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Most people arenít saying itís not his right to do what heís doing, theyíre saying heís an idiot for doing what heís doing.
    Yep, pretty much this

You think Kyrie does things logically?

wait, am I missing something?
    While they do with some vaccines (put some of the actual virus IN the vaccine) that's what actually means these aren't strictly speaking vaccines- there is no Covid in them. Was there suggestion that GETTING the vaccine could result in a positive test?! Can't happen if so.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast