Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    In order to get the best candidate Mayock will have to be shown the door. Nobody with options chooses to inherit a GM they donít know or have never worked with.

As for the next coach, NO MORE RETREADS! For gods sake it just doesnít work, you arenít finding the next Belichick you are getting a Gruden, or Ron Rivera, or someone else who will max out at being mediocre. Hire a younger, forward thinking aggressive HC, that is football today you can like it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I would like to see it. But I doubt it. Bienemy will want to come to a winner.

Nobody good wants to come to a rebuild.
    ďWinnersĒ are almost never available. Thereís generally a reason a job is open. Thereís probably as much or more talent on this team than most open jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    I like that pairing but I would like to draft Breece Hall RB from Iowa State he has the patience but also explosion to his runs. You can't teach that! Or the Chris Rodriguez from Kentucky both are similar to McCaffrey but Hall is bigger than McCaffrey.
    Not sure we would spend a pick on a RB with Jacobs and Drake. I know those wouldnt be guys the new coach brought in but I think they could fit into Bradys system and work. Focus should be building up the oline.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Not sure we would spend a pick on a RB with Jacobs and Drake. I know those wouldnt be guys the new coach brought in but I think they could fit into Bradys system and work. Focus should be building up the oline.
    I think drake is a goner.Runningbacks fit in most systems,spending a mid rounder on a rb is a good investment.Go OL pr DL with the 1st 2 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    I think drake is a goner.Runningbacks fit in most systems,spending a mid rounder on a rb is a good investment.Go OL pr DL with the 1st 2 rounds.
    Drake will be here next year. He has 6M guaranteed to him next season. No reason for him to not be back.

Plus he is a good receiving back. He can fit in basically any offensive system.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    ďWinnersĒ are almost never available. Thereís generally a reason a job is open. Thereís probably as much or more talent on this team than most open jobs.
    Bienemy can wait. He is a well paid oc. Loves his job and any hc job he wants, he will get if available. He might be the next usc coach. He can afford to be patient.

We wonít have much talent without resigning
    Heyward, Wright(90 percent of folks wanted this guy), Hankins, Carlson, Ingold, Jefferson, incognito, philon, Thomas, Jones, McCoy, white and cole. Thatís 8 starters.

I think we should have heyward, Jefferson, Carlson, ingold, McCoy and cole back.

Right now in the off season we need two Starting DTs, 1 SLB, 1 K, 1 P, 1 FB, 2 CBs, 1 C, 1 RG and 1 RT. Thatís a lot to fill in the off season without a coach at the helm.

And all I see on here is replace carr. Lol

We need to start selling what gruden left behind,starting with arnette Ferrell needs to go too,he's making ridiculous money for playing little snaps.

If we could get a 7th for arnette and a 6th for ferrell to clear up cap space next year then so be it.

With new coaches I could see us moving on from a lot of the 1 year guys we brought in last year.O line and D line are most important,imo.We can draft a linebacker to replace wright,he's a old stopgap.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    this is an article of sporting news - to move conversation back to the topic

Top HC Candidates they chose for the job:

1 - Eric Bieniemy
    2 - Kellen Moore
    3 - Joe Brady
    4. Jerod Mayo
    5. Byron Leftwich
    6. Brian Daboll
    7. Matt Eberflus
    8. Doug Pederson
    Nice list there. I would like to say Raiders can't mess this up but I know better.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    I believe Shanahan already said he would never come to the Raiders organization , i could be wrong but I thought that was a thing years back
    Mark Davis talked to Shanahan before Jack was hired, or maybe before Gruden was hired??? Either way I don't think he holds the same animosity towards Mark that he did towards AL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    In order to get the best candidate Mayock will have to be shown the door. Nobody with options chooses to inherit a GM they donít know or have never worked with.

As for the next coach, NO MORE RETREADS! For gods sake it just doesnít work, you arenít finding the next Belichick you are getting a Gruden, or Ron Rivera, or someone else who will max out at being mediocre. Hire a younger, forward thinking aggressive HC, that is football today you can like it or leave it.
    I agree, go with a fresh HC not some retread.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    I agree, go with a fresh HC not some retread.
    Letís be real ó JDR was better than Gruden and any other coach hired in Ď15.

Doug Pederson won a SB with Nick Foles. If you donít want him in Vegas, youíre not playing with a full deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

Doug Pederson won a SB with Nick Foles. If you donít want him in Vegas, youíre not playing with a full deck.
    Do Jokers count????

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

Personally, I think hiring a one-time coach shouldnít be considered a retread. They all have some experience and understand what mistakes not to make again. Hiring a guy who has been a coach two or more times before should count.

I donít like the guy personally, but think Josh McDaniels, for example, will be a much better coach next time around

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post

I donít think this is the case. Mayock has his role, and it allows a coach to have a greater amount of power. I think there will be quite a few people whoíll like that opportunity.

And while mayock might not have worked with coaches, letís not act like heís a stranger to them. Iím pretty sure from his time before us that he had relationships with coaches throughout the league.

Iím excited to see how mayock defines fi self as a gm with gruden gone.

I'm hoping Mayock starts accumulation of draft picks now.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast