Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    Thanks Hunter.

But why a picture of him in all black? Is that a common thing among coaches?
    The real answer is I'm not sure. I do know that Nike does make a black athletic WFT tshirt that has the nike symbol the same spot as in the picture. Maybe he is wearing that and its just a bad coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Washington played Raiders this year. Could just be a weird confidence that he uploaded a new profile picture of himself pregame at the stadium.

That said Scott Turner worked under Harbaugh as an analyst at Michigan. Its possible that he has agreed to be our OC under Harbaugh if Harbaugh is hired though WFT would have to agree to it since it would be for the same position just for another team.
    They would just have to add assistant head coach and it be considered a promotion..

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Yeah he got a raw deal. Set up to fail and exceeded expectations in my book! I thought he performed admirably. Whoever’s staff he ends up on will be better for it.
    In terms of keeping the coaching job and getting a fair chance to succeed, yep, he got screwed. But I read somewhere that he's still able to collect on the $17M - $22M that Houston owes him per contract. Not a bad way to go, if you have to go. He's free now to pick and choose where he wants to work -- or even if he wants to work at all.

Question for you Twitter heads:

What’s the deal with OC Scott Turner posting a picture of Raiders then quickly deleting it?

From someone who doesn’t have any social media, what am I to make of this weirdness?
    PFF Has it up still lol, Meet the new OC/assistant head coach... Done pretty well with what Washington has had at QB.

I feel the same. “All Others” that are realistic.

Minus our OC. We need a new one.
    Yeah, I think quite a few people who want the entire leadership to return are being prisoners of the moment. They need to go back and read some of their posts over this past season...because many of them, not just here on PSD, but on various forums that I peruse, were not so high on Mayock, Bisaccia or Olson. And Gus only got praise because many believe he improved on last season's unit, which, quite frankly, wasn't that hard to do.

I'm of a mind that better is out there at every single spot -- GM, HC, OC and DC. The only way that I bring back everyone is if we make it to the Super Bowl. And even then, I'm still interviewing candidates, if I'm Mark. I don't want to "just win", I want to dominate. And I don't want just one inspired miracle season, I want a dynasty. I highly doubt that happens under Bisaccia, Mayock, Olly and Gus.

Agreed, I think Gus is a good coach but I am not gonna lose any sleep if we replace him with Fangio.. I just don't know they will do that only cause of Maxx, I don't like him in a 3-4.

I also agree that "IF" they don't land Harbaugh, Which I think is a done deal. They will roll with Rich.

Jason La Canfora seems to think Mayock is as good as gone, and he’s a pretty reliable source. While I like him, and though Gruden had final say and control of the roster, it’s obvious he played a large role in our gigantic failures with first round picks of late. Hurts thinking about us being a true contender if that treasure trove of picks we had in 2019-2020 would’ve landed us impact players instead of complete busts.

I also think Rich is history, he’s a stand up guy and done an admirable job, but I don’t think he is he long term answer.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Agreed, I think Gus is a good coach but I am not gonna lose any sleep if we replace him with Fangio.. I just don't know they will do that only cause of Maxx, I don't like him in a 3-4.

I also agree that "IF" they don't land Harbaugh, Which I think is a done deal. They will roll with Rich.
    I'm not that concerned about Maxx. He's going to run into the Mack problem, which is to say that when it comes time to sign him, he's going to command major bucks. Enjoy him as a Raider while we can, because you never really know how the future is going to shake out with elite and close-to-elite players.

It looks like Jim Harbaugh is the next head coach of the Raiders, and he could be announced as soon as Monday / Tuesday.

Scott Turner OC. Not sure about DC. New front office personnel.

Rich + Mayock are, in essence, coaching for their lives at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I'm not that concerned about Maxx. He's going to run into the Mack problem, which is to say that when it comes time to sign him, he's going to command major bucks. Enjoy him as a Raider while we can, because you never really know how the future is going to shake out with elite and close-to-elite players.
    Different circumstances, We had Mack and Cooper, Carr and that is about all the talent we had, I always thought Gruden didn't get a fair shake with the blame on Mack. As a fan base we should have been much harder on Mack that didn't want to be here and Cooper We all hated his drops and careless attitude..

I think Harbaugh is gonna build off what we have and not blow it up, I see them extending Maxx now. The odd man out after this season is gonna be Yannick... Koonce hopefully can step in, He has shown promise and kinda the same pass rusher as Yannick

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Different circumstances, We had Mack and Cooper, Carr and that is about all the talent we had, I always thought Gruden didn't get a fair shake with the blame on Mack. As a fan base we should have been much harder on Mack that didn't want to be here and Cooper We all hated his drops and careless attitude..

I think Harbaugh is gonna build off what we have and not blow it up, I see them extending Maxx now. The odd man out after this season is gonna be Yannick... Koonce hopefully can step in, He has shown promise and kinda the same pass rusher as Yannick
    It's not that different. Maxx will be a FA in 2023, the same year as Hunter Renfrow and Carr. The only way we keep all 3 and still have the means to build a quality team around them is if two of them sign a team friendly deal. Even if the cap goes up, the Raiders won't shell out max guaranteed money for those three. And you can best believe other teams will be offering ridiculous sums to lure Hunter and Maxx into their stable. Something's gotta give.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    It's not that different. Maxx will be a FA in 2023, the same year as Hunter Renfrow and Carr. The only way we keep all 3 and still have the means to build a quality team around them is if two of them sign a team friendly deal. Even if the cap goes up, the Raiders won't shell out max guaranteed money for those three. And you can best believe other teams will be offering ridiculous sums to lure Hunter and Maxx into their stable. Something's gotta give.
    This is why drafting well is important,having good players on rookie contracts is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    This is why drafting well is important,having good players on rookie contracts is a must.
    I think locking up Renfrow and Maxx long term right now before their price increases and not waiting till 2023 is a good idea. You already know my opinion of Carr
    RNFL

Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    I think locking up Renfrow and Maxx long term right now before their price increases and not waiting till 2023 is a good idea. You already know my opinion of Carr
    I know,you want a dan marino or peyton manning to be our qb,I get it,I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    I know,you want a dan marino or peyton manning to be our qb,I get it,I get it.
    Am I that transparent? lol... I will take a Phillip Rivers or Matt Ryan quality as well...
    RNFL

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast