Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    lol it started years ago when Gruden Mayock got together. Or did you expect a team to go from worst to first in 1 offseason?
    Not in 1 offseason. But 4?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

1st year - cut everyone and barely had enough players to field a team - also had to deal with Reggie Mckenzie
    2nd - took a 4-12 team and got them up to 7-9
    3rd - .500 ball club and the youngest team in the NFL
    This year - 3-2 start and fighting for a playoff spot and in the running for division championship.

i mean if you do a full rebuild and you expect 10 wins in year 2 and 3? then your looking for something but a short fix. But to each their own
    Wtf? Playoffs? Division Champs? Are u even talking about the Raiders?
    U must be confused with someone else.

Hahaha[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji28][emoji28][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    Wtf? Playoffs? Division Champs? Are u even talking about the Raiders?
    U must be confused with someone else.

Hahaha[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji28][emoji28][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

We were in the hunt and then the raiders said hold my beer..... back to the basement we go

Not in 1 offseason. But 4?

this is their 3rd together. last year was 8-8 and this one started 3-0 ... so they have had 2 full seasons and 5 games.....

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    It's not that different than most any other company.

Bosses (the owners) always have leeway because, well, they're the bosses. It takes a lot to get one of those guys out.

Rank and file guys (players) it depends ... hard to replace ones get leeway, average workers and scrubs better behave or keep their infractions off the radar.

But middle management? Those guys in some ways have the highest behavioral expectations. You can be an ******* to your workers, but you can't be a PR problem, nor can he be a guy who loses control of the guys he's in charge of.

I get what your saying but what about all the players who commit Domestic Violance, drink and drive, use drugs, abuse women sexually due to their fame, make racist comments. (NO PUNISHMENT THEIR ) Plus many owners have been exposed in public and one thing is to pay to hide things but when your stuffs out their and the public sees it I think you financial status is irrelevant. Dave chapels was right you can kill someone and live but insult the LGBT community your done!!

I dont condone Gruden and him resigning was inevitable. I cant judge the man but just want to the same energy all around. I know it wont happen so Ill stop beating a dead horse.

RAIDER NATION

Lol theyve had 2 seasons and 5 games together. This is grudens show, hes the one that blew all those draft picks, hes the one that made all those awful free agents signings and hes the one that dismantled the OL leaving us with the pile of crap it is now. Mayock is a glorified scout, Gruden was a spectacular failure his second stint here. Most guys get the boot after 3 seasons averaging only 6 wins and no playoffs, Gruden gets excuses made for him. Unreal.

Happy in a way. Sad to be going down to the bottom Again! Happy to say bye bye Carr.

Beware what you wish for. There are 22 qbs worse than Carr in the nfl. How many rookies payout? Marinovich, Russell, Harrington, leaf, mariota, Johnny Manzel, geno smith, etc etc.

Fear is a terrible reason for doing things. Fortune favors the bold.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

As I said many times before, the Raiders will be the same while Mark Davis is still the owner. We can point the obvious about the Raiders' failures but the common denominator is Mark Davis. I truly do not think the Raiders can change the mean of performance while he is still around.

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

The raiders

Are bigger

Than Gruden

Thats my mantra right now

Forward

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    We should try to resign perryman and Jefferson. They are helping our d a lot.
    We already have perryman for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    I get what your saying but what about all the players who commit Domestic Violance, drink and drive, use drugs, abuse women sexually due to their fame, make racist comments. (NO PUNISHMENT THEIR )
    If you're a rare talent, some team will give you a chance. But if you're an expendable type then no you won't get away with it. That's just how it is.

Favre could send dick pics to every woman he ever met and still would have been employed. A mediocre DB does the same, probably not. OTOH if you're an irrelevant PS guy, then no one cares either because it may not even merit a news report.

So yeah, different standards, but that's life.

Plus many owners have been exposed in public and one thing is to pay to hide things but when your stuffs out their and the public sees it I think you financial status is irrelevant. Dave chapels was right you can kill someone and live but insult the LGBT community your done!!
    Owners are a billionaire boys' club (Mark excepted). They won't burn one of their own unless it becomes bad for the group. Most fans don't care who the owners are, only what the product on the field is.

I guarantee you though, a superstar QB can get away with just about anything short of prison time, and even then he'll have a job when he gets out if he's young enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Lol theyve had 2 seasons and 5 games together. This is grudens show, hes the one that blew all those draft picks, hes the one that made all those awful free agents signings and hes the one that dismantled the OL leaving us with the pile of crap it is now. Mayock is a glorified scout, Gruden was a spectacular failure his second stint here. Most guys get the boot after 3 seasons averaging only 6 wins and no playoffs, Gruden gets excuses made for him. Unreal.
    lol dismantled the Oline. But yet you wanted a defense right? Salary cap is new.
    Many coaches get 3 years during a rebuild. Another fan who wants instant results.

Lets review the Raider way - Mike White - 2 years , Joe Bugel - 1 year , Gruden 4 years, Bill Callahan - 2 years, Norv Turner - 2 years, Art Shell - 1 Year, Lane Kiffin 1.25 years, Cable 2.5 years, Hugh Jackson - 1 year, Dennis Allen - 3 years, Tony Sporano - 1 year, Jack Del Rio - 3 years, Gruden - 3 years, Bisaccia - 1 year

14 coaches going back to 1995-96 season. Seems to be the recipe to success

We might as well get another GM too. 3 of those since Mark took over. Im sure this time it will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    I think what kept him as the boss is that we went from 4-12, to 7-9, to 8-8. Each season was improvement in our record. So this year was supposed to be the winning season weve been waiting for. So far 3-2.

lol dismantled the Oline. But yet you wanted a defense right? Salary cap is new.
    Many coaches get 3 years during a rebuild. Another fan who wants instant results.

Lets review the Raider way - Mike White - 2 years , Joe Bugel - 1 year , Gruden 4 years, Bill Callahan - 2 years, Norv Turner - 2 years, Art Shell - 1 Year, Lane Kiffin 1.25 years, Cable 2.5 years, Hugh Jackson - 1 year, Dennis Allen - 3 years, Tony Sporano - 1 year, Jack Del Rio - 3 years, Gruden - 3 years, Bisaccia - 1 year

14 coaches going back to 1995-96 season. Seems to be the recipe to success

We might as well get another GM too. 3 of those since Mark took over. Im sure this time it will work out.
    Not a fair comparison but the Steelers have had 2 different coaches in the same time span. Obviously completely different situations, but why is it so?

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast