Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2021-2022 Roster is set. Any opinions!

The roster has been set. Kravtsov & Barron have been sent to Hartford.
    13 forwards: Lafraniere, Zibenajad, Kreider, Panarin, Strome, Kakko, Bial, Chytil, Goodrow, Hunt, Rooney, Reaves, Gauthier.
    8 defenseman: Fox, Lindgren, Miller, Trouba, Lundkvist, Nemeth, Tinordi, Hajek
    2 goalies: Shesterkin, Georgiev

Seems management was afraid to lose Gauthier, Hajek, Hunt and/or Tinordi to waivers so they decided to send down Barron & Kravtsov who are both exempt from waivers. Kravtsov can’t be happy. I can see him heading back to the KHL very soon. After all he, like Zack Jones deserved to be on this team.

Any opinions?

Kravtsov is as good as gone

I didn’t watch the preseason, but was he really not good enough to make it? I mean, from what I saw of him, he looks like a player.

Some strange moves for sure. I guess we’ll see how it works out

I watched all the preseason games. Thought Kravtsov looked good, yes he missed 2 games with an injury but he looked good in the games he played. Had a PP goal in the last, but even in the other games, he forechecked, went to the corners, has a couple of steals, made good passes, passes that weren’t buried because Goodrow has not looked good. To tell me that Gauthier, Hunt, Hajek, Tinordi played better or deserved to make the team over him, NO, sorry, NO!—-I get it Gauthier & Hajek had to clear waivers and could get claimed, but Hunt! Really, no one was gonna claim Hunt. If you want to talk who looked good this camp: Blais, Chytil, Kakko, Zac Jones. Who looked bad: Goodrow, Rooney, Nemeth.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 10-13-2021 at 12:26 PM.

New rumor is Kravtsov’s camp is allowed to seek a trade. Now of course rumors in the beginning of camp included Fatboy Phil Kessel wanting out of Arizona, the are rebuilding—-he’s 37, fat, and is making 1 mil. & Tarasenko who wants out of St.Louis—of course the Blues will have to eat some of his salary, for cap purposes.

Gallant was a grizzled, gritty player. He doesn't like guys who don't forecheck, help out on defense, or play physical. Most of all, he doesn't like a whiny kid who thinks he deserves a spot because he came all the way from the KHL.

Personally I think Gallant was testing his character. IF he took his assigment, he'd get called up dozen games later just like Chytil needed that wake up call.

Now, the Rangers have the ball sac and muscle to go toe-to-toe against the Caps.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 10-13-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Elliotte Friedman’s is reporting that the Rangers can do no better than a 2nd Rd pick for Kravtsov, tho’ thedailygoalhorn is putting it out there that perhaps there’s a deal that can be done with Detroit ( who is still in a rebuild) a package of Kravtsov plus for Dylan Larkin.