Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Jon Gruden resigns as Raider's HC

Maybe there's just not enough people here interested in talking about all this, but I'm still surprised I'm not seeing the subject even brought up.....but now it's apparently growing worse.

He used expletives referring to Goodell....ok, many of us are fine with that, we don't like him either.
    He referred to DeMaurice Smith's lips as tire sized....not good, Jon.
    However he did so while an ESPN employee, not an NFL HC....10 years ago. Maybe that changes little.

Aaron Rodgers calls Adam Schefter weak chinned- everybody laughs.
    Chuckie calls Roger Goodell a *****, oo, that's not nice.
    Chuckie says Smith's lips are the size of Michelin tires....horrible.

Don't get me wrong, in remotely no way am I condoning what he said about DeMaurice.
    I do, however, have a problem with the media...and seemingly more ESPN (Jon's former co-workers) are the ones treating this like he should be summarily dismissed or drawn and quartered. Really? He was YOUR co-worker at the time, did you feel THEN that he was this horrible person you're acting like he is now?

Even going so far as to act like it's incumbent on Marc Davis to 'do something' about it.
    How do they know he isn't? Because he hasn't told them he has? PLUS, there's still things coming out, now...how you goin' to ramp up your mostly fake anger if there's more?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

It's an incredibly racist comment.

It's bad. It's significantly worse than making fun of someone or calling them a *****.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

why not just come out and say i ****ed up... i was ignorant and stupid and have learned from my idocy and will further look into why i chose the words i chose. I am sorry

instead he choose the excuse of saying he talked about his lipsbecause he uses that term for liars lolololol... nobody uses that term for lias.

Wait... you think it's no that big of deal but then you're also surprised nobody here has brought it up?

I think Gruden's apology was BS. Not a racist bone in his body? Well, if you ridicule a black person's lips that's going to be perceived as a racist remark.

He should have just apologized and said he has "evolved" or some other empty platitude people with socioeconomic power use. He's on a 10-year contract from one of the least cash liquid billionaire owners in the NFL; he's not going to get fired. If a Raiders practice squad player said it, he would have been gone yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Wait... you think it's no that big of deal but then you're also surprised nobody here has brought it up?

I think Gruden's apology was BS. Not a racist bone in his body? Well, if you ridicule a black person's lips that's going to be perceived as a racist remark.

He should have just apologized and said he has "evolved" or some other empty platitude people with socioeconomic power use. He's on a 10-year contract from one of the least cash liquid billionaire owners in the NFL; he's not going to get fired. If a Raiders practice squad player said it, he would have been gone yesterday.
    I'm sorry, I said it wasn't that big a deal...where?
    But let's also be clear here...this wasn't a comment made TO a black person, this was a private email ABOUT one. I challenge each and every one of you to be honest with yourself and say you've never, while angry (which Gruden was at the time) said anything privately you'd have no problem being aired publicly.

HOWEVER, you're misreading me here. I'm also denigrating the media, in particular ESPNers like Booger McFarland, who just a couple weeks ago was talking about how proud he was of his 'good friend' from MNF days together.

But how do you know Chuckie HASN'T 'evolved'? I can GUARANTEE there's stuff like this, both by whites and towards them, that have been said that's quite bad...and it just never came out. Again, don't misunderstand, I'm not condoning it, I'm not even a fan of Chuckie's, I just find some of the reactions to be over the top and/or hypocritical.

I know plenty of white people with big lips.

We really need to stop applying racial connotation to everything. Unless anyone here knows his heart, claiming racism based on a comment that in no way indicates color in and of itself.

Racism is being implied, not a certainty.

'course now it's coming out that there's a 'history' of him making homophobic and misogynistic comments over a period of years....so, well Chuckie, you're earning your heat

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    'course now it's coming out that there's a 'history' of him making homophobic and misogynistic comments over a period of years....so, well Chuckie, you're earning your heat
    Yeah I don't see how he survives this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/s...mid=tw-nytimes

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah I don't see how he survives this.
    He's on a fully-guaranteed 10-year contract from a cash-strapped owner. That's how he can survive it.

5-year suspension? Olbermann is so cringe. Maybe Gruden could use the excuse that the e-mails are Russian disinformation.

He's stepping down.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    He's on a fully-guaranteed 10-year contract from a cash-strapped owner. That's how he can survive it.

5-year suspension? Olbermann is so cringe. Maybe Gruden could use the excuse that the e-mails are Russian disinformation.
    He just resigned and I was using Olbermann just as a reference to what was said in the emails.

LOL and he's gone.

After reading more, yup, he gone.

No more gruden grinders.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast