Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

What Can We Do to Boost Activity?

I am going to post this thread up here because I would like to get your guys thoughts, opinions, ideas, on how we can boost activity. I have never seen this forum as dead as it is right now. we used to be able to get double digit pages on game day threads and now we are down to maybe 3 pages of posts.

I know forums are a dying thing and Reddit is the big thing now but, I don't want to completely give up on this place. Many of us have been here for a longgggg time.

Now please do remember I am limited in what I can do in here and it is very well known the owners of the site don't give a crap about us anymore so just keep that in mind when posting ideas. I can also bring up ideas to the Super Mods and see what we can do there if you have any solid ideas.

Also don't come at me with anything to do with Modding. I think I have been pretty fair to you guys in here and I have no control over what other Mods do in the different sections of the forum.

So let's hear what you got.

this is what I kind of mean we have 102 views but no posts, lets hear it guys! I am not going to use this as entrapment and ban you guys because I don't like what you say. I really want to know what you guys have for suggestions.

Me personally I would like to run more games/give aways. I haven't done it now just because of the lack of numbers, it wouldn't be any fun if we only have 3 guys enter and they are just the same guys winning.

Idk, to me, I'm not here for games or giveaways. If it results in more people, then great, do it. But I'm just here to talk football. And I kind of like doing it in a forum anonymously. Im sure I've given context clues before and stuff, but I like that none of you know me. No clue my age, gender, life experience ext, just as a person who talks Packers or other sports. And that's cool to me.

I know in some of these online discussion areas I'm a bit of a dinosaur, but I like the forum for some long form discussion. I do stuff on Twitter too but character limits kill any nuance.

So to me, I'd love it if we could get some of the old gang back together. We've lost some decent posters over the years who we're pretty active and liked to talk football and strategy and roster construction and draft and all that stuff. We still have a pretty decent crew for that, but that's the type of stuff I'm here for. Nuanced conversations with people who have differing football opinions. That's fun to me. I just don't have a clue how to get that.

Because for me personally, I go to the main forums once and awhile, and I generally hate it. There's no nuance. It's short, quick posts that turn into personal attacks and any post that wants to talk strategy immediately gets lost amongst 10 pages of *****ing about the NFC East even when it's not relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Idk, to me, I'm not here for games or giveaways. If it results in more people, then great, do it. But I'm just here to talk football. And I kind of like doing it in a forum anonymously. Im sure I've given context clues before and stuff, but I like that none of you know me. No clue my age, gender, life experience ext, just as a person who talks Packers or other sports. And that's cool to me.

I know in some of these online discussion areas I'm a bit of a dinosaur, but I like the forum for some long form discussion. I do stuff on Twitter too but character limits kill any nuance.

So to me, I'd love it if we could get some of the old gang back together. We've lost some decent posters over the years who we're pretty active and liked to talk football and strategy and roster construction and draft and all that stuff. We still have a pretty decent crew for that, but that's the type of stuff I'm here for. Nuanced conversations with people who have differing football opinions. That's fun to me. I just don't have a clue how to get that.

Because for me personally, I go to the main forums once and awhile, and I generally hate it. There's no nuance. It's short, quick posts that turn into personal attacks and any post that wants to talk strategy immediately gets lost amongst 10 pages of *****ing about the NFC East even when it's not relevant.
    and thats more of what I want to and thats why I am trying to find ways to do that. I know we have lost a lot of people just because of the fact they go into the mains and fight with other people and then get bans and then leave because they are mad they got banned.

The games/giveaways thing to me isn't more to bring people back. you have been here as long as I have and remember when we could get like a dozen people to do our mock draft games or the weekly pick'ems and stuff like that. I am hoping to get more people back or signed up or whatever it is so we can do those things again. Wis and I back in the day would also post our scouting evaluations on here and have discussions about them, now our activity has dropped so much its not even worth posting.

half dozen years ago or so the upper mod guys did a thing where it was a posts drive to kind of boost activity and I think we were reaching like the 1 millionth post of the whole forum and they gave jerseys away to the top 3 people who posted the most and then something special for the person who posted the actual 1 millionth post. I thought about mentioning that to the upper mods again just to see if that would help drive activity.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post

So to me, I'd love it if we could get some of the old gang back together. We've lost some decent posters over the years who we're pretty active and liked to talk football and strategy and roster construction and draft and all that stuff. We still have a pretty decent crew for that, but that's the type of stuff I'm here for. Nuanced conversations with people...
    this was the first discussion site i discovered back then. i'm never going to join Twitter. Facebook is enough. like Crew i like this site in the anonymity it offers. ive been here for a long time and i do miss the old gang. Poe, 12, Norm. i don't think they are coming back. i have never seen this site advertised. it's a dark hollow on a burnt out street light road. Bum i know you said something about the owners but having to accept cookies that bombard me several times with adult themed subjects might make someone refuse to join the site. 1/4 of my current screen is taken up with the cookie banner. i am not accepting them and i cannot dismiss them. that's bull. as for my viewing habits i don't watch every minute of Packer football anymore. i miss games. i tune into Red Zone most times. i can't offer the insight i used to. i do check out the comments and compared to other teams the Packer site is very active as sad as that it.