Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    I still think Godwin is a perfect get. Heíll be cheaper because of the ACL, but he has 9 months to get ready.
    Get him and Gallup

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I would love Godwin too.
    Godwin and Olave would be amazing.

I think you need to sign two WR and draft one.

Literally have Mooney and that's it.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Not going to lie. Watching Burrow and Jamar Chase and Tua and Waddle makes me even more interested in the idea of getting Olave. I just don't know if we will have enough to get him. This team is pretty financially tight due to some serious money mismanagement by pace. That and I am not going to lie..... I love the idea of getting sean payton and fixing the problem for good (which would likely cost us draft capital we just don't have the ability to part with.

Idk though. Olave and Mooney... Kmet.... 2 young OTs..... Fields.... And Sean Payton guiding the ship. Not to mention a guy like Cohen running the Kamara role and Monty/herbert in the run game.

Idk if i really care what it would take.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I think you need to sign two WR and draft one.

Literally have Mooney and that's it.
    If Pace is still here, Davante Adams would be the splash kind of signing he'd make.

Another name I really like is Jakobi Myers. Godwin/Myers/Mooney/draft pick is a solid crop. That draft pick would have to be a larger WR though since none of the others really are a get-up and get the ball kind of receiver.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

If Pace is still here, Davante Adams would be the splash kind of signing he'd make.

Another name I really like is Jakobi Myers. Godwin/Myers/Mooney/draft pick is a solid crop. That draft pick would have to be a larger WR though since none of the others really are a get-up and get the ball kind of receiver.
    Treylon Burks would be perfect, though I doubt he makes it to the 2nd. He's a Deebo or AJ Brown clone. Dude's built like a LB, super physical, highpoints the ball better than anyone in this class. His stock will depend on how he runs.

I like Garrett Wilson too, much more than Olave, but he's in the discussion for 1st WR taken IMO, so no chance at him.

Maybe London's injury pushes him to day 2, but he looked like a 1st round guy before that, so who knows.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-29-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Is Sean Payton a serious thing? Is this even in the realm of possibility do you think? If there is the possibility of landing this guy it would be a godsend. They would have to give him the GM/HC position, right but when you think about it, Payton not only is an offensive genius but he also has assembled a terrific bunch of defensive players on his present team which tells me a lot also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Is Sean Payton a serious thing? Is this even in the realm of possibility do you think? If there is the possibility of landing this guy it would be a godsend. They would have to give him the GM/HC position, right but when you think about it, Payton not only is an offensive genius but he also has assembled a terrific bunch of defensive players on his present team which tells me a lot also.
    Feels like a fantasy, but at the same time I imagine Pace has to be selling a hire like that to extend his job security.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Yes and no. I mean... I think there are surely ties.... Pace being from the saints. The idea of us needing a coach and wanting a proven winner over another... Dart throw. The question is would the saints let him go. And I have heard both sides. I have heard rumblings there were issues prior to this year with Payton. That he and the FO don't exactly see eye to eye.

So all in all what do i think. I think the bears will have real interest..... I think it will surely be talked about much like Brady was discussed. Wilson was discussed. Its the obvious answer to me on who should be our #1 HC if available. The issues fall on 1) is he really available to be had or will the saints not let him go 2) will the bears really pay the cost to get him.

1) I'm unsure of
    2) i honestly beleive yes the bears would and should pay to solve the issue they have been trying to fix since Lovie..... Much like the Bulls who were searching for their guy since Thibs.

A good HC can solve alot of issues. A good HC plans for your opponents weaknesses and away from your own. (Something nagy just doesn't get) i think Payton next year on this team makes us. 8-10 win team easily (barring major roster change) the defense is not a lost cause.... The offense has talent. If he is available i think he would be well worth whatever pick u would give up for him. Cause lets be honest u miss again like we did with nagy and we are on a us going on 10 years with only 1 true wining season which is unacceptable.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Yes and no. I mean... I think there are surely ties.... Pace being from the saints. The idea of us needing a coach and wanting a proven winner over another... Dart throw. The question is would the saints let him go. And I have heard both sides. I have heard rumblings there were issues prior to this year with Payton. That he and the FO don't exactly see eye to eye.

So all in all what do i think. I think the bears will have real interest..... I think it will surely be talked about much like Brady was discussed. Wilson was discussed. Its the obvious answer to me on who should be our #1 HC if available. The issues fall on 1) is he really available to be had or will the saints not let him go 2) will the bears really pay the cost to get him.

1) I'm unsure of
    2) i honestly beleive yes the bears would and should pay to solve the issue they have been trying to fix since Lovie..... Much like the Bulls who were searching for their guy since Thibs.

A good HC can solve alot of issues. A good HC plans for your opponents weaknesses and away from your own. (Something nagy just doesn't get) i think Payton next year on this team makes us. 8-10 win team easily (barring major roster change) the defense is not a lost cause.... The offense has talent. If he is available i think he would be well worth whatever pick u would give up for him. Cause lets be honest u miss again like we did with nagy and we are on a us going on 10 years with only 1 true wining season which is unacceptable.

I don't think that any smart Bear's fan would be against the Bear's hiring Sean Payton. The guy certainly is in the top 3 coaches in the NFL over the past 10-12 years.

IF Pace is here.. he HAS to make some splash signings.. I think he should go, but if he should stay, it will make for an exciting off season.

That OSU WR depth is ridiculous. Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Smith-Njigba and Marvin Harrison Jr.

Would love Fields throwing to any of them either this year or next.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Also I think Ryan Day will make a good NFL HC one day, but he's definitely not leaving OSU anytime soon.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

That OSU WR depth is ridiculous. Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Smith-Njigba and Marvin Harrison Jr.

Would love Fields throwing to any of them either this year or next.
    Smith-Njigba might be WR1 next season and likely a better prospect than either Wilson or Olave.

JSN is something special.. He has all the WR tools you could dream of and is electric after the catch... People see now why Jameson Williams (ALA) left OSU..

Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast