Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 892
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    33,519

    College football prospects/draft thread

    And go

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,762
    Bears picks.

    Round 2
    Round 3
    Round 5
    Round 5 (from Houston):
    Round 6
    RRH comp 5th or 6th.

    My prediction. Bears trade 2nd/3rd/5th/future 2nd to get in the end of the 1st.
    Bears select a bust.

    5th - crappy, non-athletic WR.
    6th - Pro-Bowl defensive player.
    Comp - PS lineman we never hear from after camp fluff articles.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    22,287
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Bears picks.

    Round 2
    Round 3
    Round 5
    Round 5 (from Houston):
    Round 6
    RRH comp 5th or 6th.

    My prediction. Bears trade 2nd/3rd/5th/future 2nd to get in the end of the 1st.
    Bears select a bust.

    5th - crappy, non-athletic WR.
    6th - Pro-Bowl defensive player.
    Comp - PS lineman we never hear from after camp fluff articles.
    This is pretty accurate.. Pace will also neglect the OL and secondary and sign 3 TE's.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    31,185
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    This is pretty accurate.. Pace will also neglect the OL and secondary and sign 3 TE's.
    Idk what people would want done about the OL? Not gonna lie Borom could be a solid tackle and likely at least competes for one of the 2 tackle spots. Jenkins likely gets a shot at the other. Unless we let Daniels walk thats 4 of the 5 likely figured oit. I think people have a diferent outlook on our OL if we had our 2nd round tackle starting and 5th round steel as a swing right now.

    I personally would rather sign a vet anyway then draft a youngster to fill in that final spot.

    Honestly our top pick probably needs to be used on a WR (if Robinson leaves) or secondary. Gipson seems like he is capable of stepping up. Interior line is mostly settled. We could really use CB or even a S.

    But i think the offense needs vets... Not more youth.

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    13,961
    Right we literally drafted 2 OL. We brought a vet out of retirement in desperation. It is not being ignored. Drafted Whitehair. Drafted Daniels. Grabbed Mustipher and Bars as free agents for depth. Iím not saying we are doing great things at OL, but we are definitely addressing it plenty

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    31,421
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Right we literally drafted 2 OL. We brought a vet out of retirement in desperation. It is not being ignored. Drafted Whitehair. Drafted Daniels. Grabbed Mustipher and Bars as free agents for depth. Iím not saying we are doing great things at OL, but we are definitely addressing it plenty
    I disagree with this take. Daniels and Whitehair were drafted in 2016 and 2018. Mustipher and Bars are UDFAs, neither of whom have been anything better than pieces that would be depth on an NFL roster, and who shouldn't really be starting. Larry Borom seems like he could be something, but he was still a 5th round pick and the chances are he won't be very good either.

    I love Teven Jenkins in a vacuum, but he seemingly only fell to us where we got him because the rest of the league was (rightfully) concerned about his injury history. So yeah, it's basically been 3 years since Pace took a legitimate swing at the O-line. He's wasted a lot of draft capital over the years that could've and should have been spent on linemen.

    Considering where we are, I think it's a pretty reasonable position to not be satisfied with how Pace has handled things with the O-line. Especially with everything pretty much hinging on Justin Fields' success.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 10-11-2021 at 09:49 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    28,048
    I got see see Olave in person on Saturday. Heís so ****ing good. He was open on seemingly every play.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    17,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I got see see Olave in person on Saturday. Heís so ****ing good. He was open on seemingly every play.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Garrett Wilson isn't far behind him. Frankly their entire WR core is insane. Probably 4-5 1st round guys on the depth chart currently between Olave, Wilson, Smith-Njigba, Fleming, and Egbuka. Hell they even have Marvin Harrison Jr. on the roster. The WR talent at OSU is laughable similar to Bama the past few years.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    28,048
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Garrett Wilson isn't far behind him. Frankly their entire WR core is insane. Probably 4-5 1st round guys on the depth chart currently between Olave, Wilson, Smith-Njigba, Fleming, and Egbuka. Hell they even have Marvin Harrison Jr. on the roster. The WR talent at OSU is laughable similar to Bama the past few years.
    Yeah theyíre both so impressive and they fit Ohio Stateís vertical passing system so well. I wish we had a chance at Olave. He and Mooney together would be so much fun.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    575
    Every last pick should be on the offensive side of the ball, with the exception of TE and WR. They shouldn't trade into the first round. My thinking is; you'd lose assets to get a late round pick, that you'd probably be able to get in the 2nd. I'd go center to the left. Use a high ticket defensive player to trade for a disgruntled WR, which comes along every season.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    28,100
    Man I love me some Jordan Davis from Georgia. Anyone seen the size of this guy? Haha.

    Reminds me of John Henderson.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    72,965
    Whoever's making the picks better go WR early. This draft probably doesn't have a Chase/Jefferson/Lamb level prospect, but it's going to be really good with Burks, both OSU guys (Wilson, Place), London, Bell, and several others. It's very deep.

    Assuming we lose enough to land a highish 2nd, there should be a day 1 talent and immediate starter there.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    31,421
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Whoever's making the picks better go WR early. This draft probably doesn't have a Chase/Jefferson/Lamb level prospect, but it's going to be really good with Burks, both OSU guys (Wilson, Place), London, Bell, and several others. It's very deep.

    Assuming we lose enough to land a highish 2nd, there should be a day 1 talent and immediate starter there.
    I'm really bad at this kind of thing, but most mock drafts I read don't have Olave going all that early (mostly in the 20s). Would be awesome to pluck him, even if it meant trading up a bit. I know I've said I'm sick of the trade-ups but him and Fields reuniting would be a cool story.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    72,965
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I'm really bad at this kind of thing, but most mock drafts I read don't have Olave going all that early (mostly in the 20s). Would be awesome to pluck him, even if it meant trading up a bit. I know I've said I'm sick of the trade-ups but him and Fields reuniting would be a cool story.
    Olave is clearly behind Wilson as a prospect, but he should be a good pro.

    Burks and Wilson should be the first two receivers taken...both have WR1/Alpha type of upside. London was already close to the same tier as those two, but he might slide into the 2nd because of his injury.

    On the flip side, this draft stinks for OL, so that's gonna have to be a FA priority, but I have no idea who's worthwhile in this class.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    28,048
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Olave is clearly behind Wilson as a prospect, but he should be a good pro.

    Burks and Wilson should be the first two receivers taken...both have WR1/Alpha type of upside. London was already close to the same tier as those two, but he might slide into the 2nd because of his injury.

    On the flip side, this draft stinks for OL, so that's gonna have to be a FA priority, but I have no idea who's worthwhile in this class.
    I would actually love to take a shot on London if heís there. And itís not because he went to my high school lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •