Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    His future is entirely dependent on what the Bears put around him coaching and player wise. I'm still of the opinion that the coaching staff needs to be gone, but if they keep winning I don't see it happening. I just don't think Nagy and Lazor can get the best out of him.
    I think they could evolve into a system similar to what Seattle runs. Run heavy with explosive passing plays down field, at least for this first part of Fieldsís development. I have no doubt though that he can grow to be more than that. He just reminds me so much of Russ that I kinda see that as something he could run effectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not ready to write off this staff completely if Nagy just focuses on the game plan, locker room stuff, and whatever else that doesn't involve calling plays.

It's a very small sample, obviously, but the recent run game is very encouraging, and has the potential to open up some big plays down the field. I realize there's a lot of projection in there, but it's exciting to think about since we actually have a QB capable and willing to take those shots.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm not ready to write off this staff completely if Nagy just focuses on the game plan, locker room stuff, and whatever else that doesn't involve calling plays.

It's a very small sample, obviously, but the recent run game is very encouraging, and has the potential to open up some big plays down the field. I realize there's a lot of projection in there, but it's exciting to think about since we actually have a QB capable and willing to take those shots.
    I was reading this Twitter thread by Eric Lambert and I have to agree with most of what he is saying.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ErikLambe...51412261769218

Lazor is probably not the answer. We know Nagy is not and has an ego problem. Even if we could hire a new OC in the offseason like idk Anthony Lynn.... Could u even guarantee nagy would let him run the offense... Or would he yet again take back play calling duties. Also do u trust our ability to hire a OC who would be willing to work under Nagy.... When *Mark Helfrich and Lazor will have both been used as scapegoats?

Im fine with the offense we are running right now. But i Hardly think it changes my opinions on this team making major changes to the staff this offsesson. If we want a well run offense. Firing Nagy makes the most sense.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Bears (2-2) @ Raiders (3-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm guessing he's gone after this season. I'm sure Jordan Love will continue the streak of greatness though, just because.
    The 49ers were in a similar position after watching Montana/Young for so many years. They got some good years out of Alex Smith, Jeff Garcia and Kaep (those QB the 49ers drafted after Young retired rival the crap the Bears drafted) but none became the next great HOF QB for the 49ers. I see the Packers struggle to find their heir apparent to Rodgers.

This might be me wishful thinking, but I don't see "it" with Love. I think he's a Bridgewater/Tannehill type QB.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Yup Running game is key. You donít beat Green Bay trying to out Rodgers/Adamís them. You beat them with defense and Running/Clock control
    My expectations is the Bears will lose this game and every game against the Packers until Rodgers is gone.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I was reading this Twitter thread by Eric Lambert and I have to agree with most of what he is saying.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ErikLambe...51412261769218

Lazor is probably not the answer. We know Nagy is not and has an ego problem. Even if we could hire a new OC in the offseason like idk Anthony Lynn.... Could u even guarantee nagy would let him run the offense... Or would he yet again take back play calling duties. Also do u trust our ability to hire a OC who would be willing to work under Nagy.... When *Mark Helfrich and Lazor will have both been used as scapegoats?

Im fine with the offense we are running right now. But i Hardly think it changes my opinions on this team making major changes to the staff this offsesson. If we want a well run offense. Firing Nagy makes the most sense.

My hope is just that Fields is good enough that it doesn't really matter all that much who the coordinator/play caller is. Look how long Aaron let Mike McCarthy ride his coattails. Now Dak Prescott is gonna do the same thing. And again, there's other examples of this, but for brevity's sake you get the point.

Right now I think this staff is playing to the team's strengths. We'll see if they stick to it cause obviously a problem we've seen over the years is an inability to stay commited to the run, and also while the Raiders are better than the Lions, I think I still need to see how they do against more competitive teams. The next couple weeks will be telling.

Overall, as long as Nagy gets the point that he's not a playcaller, I think he's fine. BB is gonna go down as the greatest HC in NFL history just about, or at least the best of the last couple generations. When was the last time he called plays?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    My expectations is the Bears will lose this game and every game against the Packers until Rodgers is gone.
    So basically the past 10 years already, lol.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I have some hope vs the packers. But rodgers likely does what rodgers does. It is nice knowing their #1 corner and #1 pass rusher are on IR though. Gary and Preston Smith still worry me for these tackles. But im not shaking either. We need to score. We need to not get content when we are up. U do that with rodgers he. Chip away till he has the ball on a game winning drive.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

You're not going to beat Rodgers unless there's consistent pressure up the middle....That being said, I am not sure who will be available to play DT's for us, but I would make Roquan Smith the guy responsible to go after Rodgers up the middle. And I don't mean bring him up to the line "pre snap" and give away the blitz, I mean line him up normally and on the snap he comes about 30% of the time in my opinion....Picking your spots when to do it...

Bears with one of the lowest blitz % and leads the league in sacks . Rodgers struggles with that

Call ap please

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Bears with one of the lowest blitz % and leads the league in sacks . Rodgers struggles with that
    Struggles with what? He's owned us for over a decade.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Call ap please
    Just feed Herbert man.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast