Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 271 to 278 of 278
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,557
    Random though that I wanted to post before we completely move on from this series - tweeted this at the time I saw it and didnít want to let it pass from this forum.

    I like Crawford but his career year is a bit suspicious, especially after he appeared to have no intent to swing at the 2-strike fastball from Knebel while Smith was setup way outside. The pitch coming over the plate seemed to catch him by surprise and that was a bit disappointing to see. Iím not suggesting he cheated his way to the numbers he got, just that watching that particular pitch did put the thought in my head.

    Not that it matters much anymore, this pitching staff is just plain nasty. Itíll be interesting to see what happens next year.
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,629
    Make sure to buy merch guys.


  3. #273
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    How is that relevant to what just happened? This is the negativity that needs to get called out. The fact is that you guys have been irrationally overreacting the entire season. Roberts proved you wrong. Deal with it man. Acknowledge it and move on. Roberts shouldn't have benched Bellinger, he shouldn't have benched Lux. He made the right call last night with using an opener. You guys were very simply wrong about the massive majority of your criticism of this team all year. This was arguably the biggest series win in franchise history and one of the greatest games in the history of the sport and you bring up him being the reason we lost two years ago? Well he's also a big part of the reason we just won and why we've dominated baseball since 2017 or so.

    You guys have been second guessing him all year and his decisions showed to pay off in a big way. There's really nothing else to say other than Roberts proved you guys wrong.
    Personally, I think Roberts is one of the most overrated managers in baseball, who's basically carried by an extremely talented team. I hated the decision to pull Julio when they did and let Max close since now we don't have a starter for game 1 and 5 which are typically the most important games in a series.

    That said, they won so he gets off the hook.

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,874
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Personally, I think Roberts is one of the most overrated managers in baseball, who's basically carried by an extremely talented team. I hated the decision to pull Julio when they did and let Max close since now we don't have a starter for game 1 and 5 which are typically the most important games in a series.

    That said, they won so he gets off the hook.
    You've basically set up a scenario in which there's little Roberts can do...if they win, he was bailed out by the talent (despite the baseball world at large lauding how he managed the entire previous series), if they lose then it confirms that he sucks. Robert's decisions have gotten us to where we are. If Roberts doesn't make those decisions, there's a decent chance we aren't around to play a Game 1 or 5 so I'm going to give him credit for getting us here. He's definitely done things in the past that have warranted critique, but he absolutely deserves credit for how he's managed over the past two years.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-17-2021 at 12:26 AM.

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,557
    Lol, how can Roberts be overrated? Heís not even held with much regard as a tactician in the first place
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    How is that relevant to what just happened? This is the negativity that needs to get called out. The fact is that you guys have been irrationally overreacting the entire season. Roberts proved you wrong. Deal with it man. Acknowledge it and move on. Roberts shouldn't have benched Bellinger, he shouldn't have benched Lux. He made the right call last night with using an opener. You guys were very simply wrong about the massive majority of your criticism of this team all year. This was arguably the biggest series win in franchise history and one of the greatest games in the history of the sport and you bring up him being the reason we lost two years ago? Well he's also a big part of the reason we just won and why we've dominated baseball since 2017 or so.

    You guys have been second guessing him all year and his decisions showed to pay off in a big way. There's really nothing else to say other than Roberts proved you guys wrong.

    You're lip service arguments have no substance. You're just like a Trumptard in that manner. It's theoretically stupid to keep using someone in the postseason who batted .165 during the regular season. So Bellinger comes up with a couple of big hits during the first round of the playoffs? Good for him. But he certainly didn't deserve being in there everyday. Bellinger deserves the credit here in this instance for executing.

    You know what? Curtis Granderson did just as poorly in the regular season and Roberts continued playing him in the postseason, and still continued sucking. And if Granderson came up with some big hits you'd still be yapping with you're silly "I told you so" crap. So you're nothing but a big yahoo looking for a reason to stir up ****.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,874
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post

    You're lip service arguments have no substance. You're just like a Trumptard in that manner. It's theoretically stupid to keep using someone in the postseason who batted .165 during the regular season. So Bellinger comes up with a couple of big hits during the first round of the playoffs? Good for him. But he certainly didn't deserve being in there everyday. Bellinger deserves the credit here in this instance for executing.

    You know what? Curtis Granderson did just as poorly in the regular season and Roberts continued playing him in the postseason, and still continued sucking. And if Granderson came up with some big hits you'd still be yapping with you're silly "I told you so" crap. So you're nothing but a big yahoo looking for a reason to stir up ****.
    Bellinger didn't come up with a couple of nice hits. He had an excellent series and was big in the wild card game as well and he came through last night as well. The Granderson comparison is silly because Bellinger is one of the best players in the entire game, Granderson was never that and certainly not close to that when he was with the Dodgers. Bellinger is 26 and just won the MVP two seasons ago. You keep playing the guys who are your best players and Bellinger is arguably the best player on the team when he's at full strength so yes, Bellinger absolutely earned the right to be playing giving what he's done and what he's capable of and he's showing that now.

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    You've basically set up a scenario in which there's little Roberts can do...if they win, he was bailed out by the talent (despite the baseball world at large lauding how he managed the entire previous series), if they lose then it confirms that he sucks. Robert's decisions have gotten us to where we are. If Roberts doesn't make those decisions, there's a decent chance we aren't around to play a Game 1 or 5 so I'm going to give him credit for getting us here. He's definitely done things in the past that have warranted critique, but he absolutely deserves credit for how he's managed over the past two years.
    If he manages well and we win, then he shows he's a good manager, I think the manager of the Royals during those pennent years is a good manager.
    I think Kaplar sucks and is always trying to find the most clever way to look smarter than everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Lol, how can Roberts be overrated? Heís not even held with much regard as a tactician in the first place
    No by fans, but in the media he is.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •