Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I think the winner of this series should get the WS Trophy. Just save some time and get it over with. Like you said, if the Dodgers hitters use this approach next game, then they will wear down Webb and get to him. Urias has to just not give up any runs in the first like he sometimes does. If not, then we are gold.
    Yeah, I think the first 2-3 innings will be critical for us. I'm eager to see if we make the necessary adjustments tomorrow. Our guys have been great all year and so I think we will. If we take the same approach we had last night, I think we will get to Webb.

Also, how is this place so dead??? The season is on the line tomorrow. The season was on the line last night. You'd think these were preseason games from the activity on here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Also, how is this place so dead??? The season is on the line tomorrow. The season was on the line last night. You'd think these were preseason games from the activity on here lol
    Because they won the last game so all the negative nancies are quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

this.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

Yeah, this is unfortunately probably the reason why.

This will probably be our toughest game in the past two years. I'm expecting this to be like one of those old school heavyweight fights. We have a great team and if you want to go down as an all-time great dynasty these are the types of games you need and want to have and tonight we have our chance at history. Let's go dodgers!!!

This will probably be our toughest game in the past two years. I'm expecting this to be like one of those old school heavyweight fights. We have a great team and if you want to go down as an all-time great dynasty these are the types of games you need and want to have and tonight we have our chance at history. Let's go dodgers!!!
    Vin Scully provided his take, I added some data to back if here…

https://twitter.com/dschneider_05/st...208402944?s=21
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

Knebel starting is a hell of a chess move by Doc.

Doc has been fantastic in this series, and this move was a big **** swing.

Kapler now has to consider that we could balk on Julio and go to Brusdar, Gonsolin and/or Scherzer for a couple innings each if he stacks the back of his lineup with righties to be ready for Julio in the 2nd.

In that scenario, we may only need like 3 innings from Julio and we might actually wait to make that happen until we need him in a big spot after Kapler starts subbing out for platoon the matchups, and he could really just let it fly.
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

I have a feeling Seager and JT go deep. Seager has been relatively quiet. Turner has been MIA. I expect them to come up with big hits early in the game and set the tone for the rest of the game. Knebel and Urias have to keep it close or keep the lead till we get to our elite BP.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Knebel starting is a hell of a chess move by Doc.

Doc has been fantastic in this series, and this move was a big **** swing.

Kapler now has to consider that we could balk on Julio and go to Brusdar, Gonsolin and/or Scherzer for a couple innings each if he stacks the back of his lineup with righties to be ready for Julio in the 2nd.

In that scenario, we may only need like 3 innings from Julio and we might actually wait to make that happen until we need him in a big spot after Kapler starts subbing out for platoon the matchups, and he could really just let it fly.
    Yeah bro, I actually love this move. It's these little things that often result in being the difference in these types of super close series

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    I have a feeling Seager and JT go deep. Seager has been relatively quiet. Turner has been MIA. I expect them to come up with big hits early in the game and set the tone for the rest of the game. Knebel and Urias have to keep it close or keep the lead till we get to our elite BP.
    I think Doc might be counting on our offense jumping on them early and then having the bullpen pitch with a lead. Maybe Urias comes in to close them out in the final innings like he did in the World Series last year

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Vin Scully provided his take, I added some data to back if here…

https://twitter.com/dschneider_05/st...208402944?s=21
    This is crazy and coming from Vin it carries so much weight. This might be the biggest dodger game I've experienced as a fan

There's nothing to talk about on a day off before an elimination game. We're just interested for the game to begin.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 10-14-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

The champs are here! Title's on the line...time to defend our title. Let's make history boys!!!

This has been a game over a century in the making.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast