View Poll Results: Wins?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 100.00%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I was fed up and near done with MLB since last year. The aborted season sucked (to no oneís fault), seven inning games are a ****ing joke, free baserunners in extras is a ****ing joke, the all star snub in Atlanta was another joke. Took a lot of the shine off the game for me.

So I only followed with half an eye this year (barely that most of the season), but in the end the Giants turned out a fun team, grabbed my attention again while they fought to the wire for the division.

I really hoped for a playoff series vs LA. And a great series it was, and a great nail biter of a game five (wish it had been seven). Credit to FZ & Co. for providing excitement when nobody expected anything close to it.

The loss to rival LA sucks, but it is what it is and the Dodgers are a great team and earned it. Iíd be happy if they lose to Atlanta, but if not I hope they win the WS. (I have no use for the Sox or 'Stros.) And if meddling Manfred and greedy MLB donít further ruin the game, next season just might be enjoyable again.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

I can't. I never ever want the Dodgers to win the World Series.

I'd rather root to get hit by a car then root for a Dodgers championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I can't. I never ever want the Dodgers to win the World Series.
    Yeah, well get over it dude. They'll likely win this year and be right back at it again next year. Giants will fall back to earth and probably finish behind them and SD next year, if SD gets their **** together.

While this 107 win year ended in disappointment, it was still fun and they were competitive to the end. Next year's team will be totally different I assume. This year's failures will be addressed and I also assume some players will move on.

We sure could've used Belt in this series. Dude finally had his breakout year (after 10 seasons!) and was hot as hell till he got hurt. I figure Longo, Dick, and possibly Yaz will be gone, and the starting rotation will be totally new outside of Webb. Disco and Gausman lost their mojo 2nd half of the season (no great loss of either imo), JC will also be gone I guess. It'll be a near total rotation rebuild next year and I doubt they'll be anywhere near smelling 100+ wins.

Anyhow, I assume an offseason thread will be upcoming to discuss all that ****. Should be interesting.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Longo & Yaz are 100% not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Sorry for the anger again guys. I've had it with life at this point. My moms uncle passed away from Covid 2 weeks ago and my Dad tested positive a couple days ago. He's vaxxed, but I'm still scared shitless he's going to take a turn because it hasn't turned out well for anyone in my family that has gotten it. Everyone I work with is anti-vax Trump supporters so I hate a job that I used to like. This team was the only thing keeping me from going insane lately. I'm going to go away for awhile and not ruin anyone's time here, if I don't come back it's been fun talking to you guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Iím sure your initial comments got lots of eye rolls as so many people on boards like this fly off the handle and spew negativity for no reason, but it sounds like youíre really going through some crap.

I have no idea who you are, Iím just the only Giants fan I know in Naples, FL, but Iím sure many people on here are here for you, and truly hope you feel better, despite the crap that life is throwing at you and too many others right now.

Just know, especially as a fellow Giants fan, you do have people that care.

Keep posting as much as you need to. Or find someone to talk to if itís not random internet people on here.

Keep the faith. At least give this team and organization a chance to disappoint you next year!

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Yeah, well get over it dude. They'll likely win this year and be right back at it again next year. Giants will fall back to earth and probably finish behind them and SD next year, if SD gets their **** together.

While this 107 win year ended in disappointment, it was still fun and they were competitive to the end. Next year's team will be totally different I assume. This year's failures will be addressed and I also assume some players will move on.

We sure could've used Belt in this series. Dude finally had his breakout year (after 10 seasons!) and was hot as hell till he got hurt. I figure Longo, Dick, and possibly Yaz will be gone, and the starting rotation will be totally new outside of Webb. Disco and Gausman lost their mojo 2nd half of the season (no great loss of either imo), JC will also be gone I guess. It'll be a near total rotation rebuild next year and I doubt they'll be anywhere near smelling 100+ wins.

Anyhow, I assume an offseason thread will be upcoming to discuss all that ****. Should be interesting.
    Get over it? I'm fully aware the Dodgers may very well win another. They're a juggernaut. I just don't want them to.

I don't see Yaz going anywhere. It was certainly a down year offensively, though he still produced "average" production (.314 wOBA, 106 wRC+). The power is there and his glove is good. He's not certainly not the MVP candidate he was last year, but I also don't believe he's this year's version either. Somewhere in the middle is my guess. Each of his last three seasons he's put up 2+ WAR and still has three more years of control.

Gausman was never going to continue his first half pace, though he was still very good overall, as well as last year. There are plenty of reasons to re-sign him and I hope they do.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234