Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who moves onto the NLCS?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

7 63.64%
  • San Francisco Giants

4 36.36%
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Since when are the Dodgers likeable?
    I acknowledge they become less likable without Puig. But they've never not been likable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    Mickey Mouse ring and bringing up god. You love to see it lmao
    You're here only once per year. So I wouldn't be talking smack if I were you.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Since when are the Dodgers likeable?
    We have a bigger fanbase than your pathetic Astros.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    We have a bigger fanbase than your pathetic Astros.
    Yeah, dude. It's LA. And they're the classic bandwagon franchise where casual fans can hop on board when the team's good to act like they give a crap about the franchise and sports in general. The Lakers have always been the same way, as are the Yankees in New York. And it helps that they have the money to sign any player they want and actively go after big-name, high-profile players.

Quantity of a fan base does not equate to quality of the fan base. Also, I've seen how Dodgers fans act at Dodgers games—suffice it to say I'd take our Astros fans over Dogers fans any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I acknowledge they become less likable without Puig. But they've never not been likable.
    They have likeable guys, but also guys who aren't especially well liked. I've always liked Turner, and I've got nothing against Scherzer. Mookie is an acquired taste, but a guy I've always respected. Cody Belllinger comes off as a tool, and adding Trevor Bauer didn't do them any favors (and that was before the criminal accusations).

Also, you have to remember that fans of opposing teams and sports fans in general hate large-market teams with huge pocketbooks. When you have a 100-win team with a top 5 payroll and still have the money to go out and sign guys like Betts and Bauer and trade for Scherzer, that automatically makes you unlikeable. Small and mid-market teams' fans will always dislike the Dodgers, Yankees and Red Sox for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    hey trust me i learned my lesson and sadly hope the giants win... its just hard to bet against that lineup with mad max on the mound. I really wish the pads would have gotten him. I hope I am wrong

giants are the lesser of the 2 evils... id rather the world series at this point be giants/stros with the stros winning.
    I'm not sure you are following: Scherzer isn't pitching game 5.

Julio Uriah is going game 5 on full rest, Mad Max would be game one of the NLCS on full rest.
    Love Urias. If I was a Dodger fan, he would be the guy I want taking the mound in G5 even if Max was on full rest also.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Maria SakkariAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Jack the Ripper for 1985.

Not you, the real Jack Clark.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 10-13-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    You're here only once per year. So I wouldn't be talking smack if I were you.
    Lol Right!

Yeah, dude. It's LA. And they're the classic bandwagon franchise where casual fans can hop on board when the team's good to act like they give a crap about the franchise and sports in general. The Lakers have always been the same way, as are the Yankees in New York. And it helps that they have the money to sign any player they want and actively go after big-name, high-profile players.

Quantity of a fan base does not equate to quality of the fan base. Also, I've seen how Dodgers fans act at Dodgers games—suffice it to say I'd take our Astros fans over Dogers fans any day of the week.
    The lakers sold well even when they were bad.

And Houston had pretty much the whole state of Texas pulling for them, that's not true with the Dodgers.

They have likeable guys, but also guys who aren't especially well liked. I've always liked Turner, and I've got nothing against Scherzer. Mookie is an acquired taste, but a guy I've always respected. Cody Belllinger comes off as a tool, and adding Trevor Bauer didn't do them any favors (and that was before the criminal accusations).

Also, you have to remember that fans of opposing teams and sports fans in general hate large-market teams with huge pocketbooks. When you have a 100-win team with a top 5 payroll and still have the money to go out and sign guys like Betts and Bauer and trade for Scherzer, that automatically makes you unlikeable. Small and mid-market teams' fans will always dislike the Dodgers, Yankees and Red Sox for this reason.
    Everything you said is absolutely true. I don't disagree with any of it.

Having said that, it seems you might be a little tone deaf as to how the Astros are viewed around MLB and its fanbase these days. Their hubris has not helped matters in that regard.

The lakers sold well even when they were bad.

And Houston had pretty much the whole state of Texas pulling for them, that's not true with the Dodgers.
    I assure you North Texas and the Dallas area wouldn't root for the Astros. Houston and Dallas have a pretty serious rivalry. We don't root for the Cowboys, Rangers or Mavericks, and they don't root for the Texans, Astros or Rockets. It's pretty much always been that way.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    Everything you said is absolutely true. I don't disagree with any of it.

Having said that, it seems you might be a little tone deaf as to how the Astros are viewed around MLB and its fanbase these days. Their hubris has not helped matters in that regard.
    I'm not tone deaf. I'm 100% aware of how opposing teams' fans view the Astros and that of non-Astros fans—probably 99%+ of those fans loathe the Astros. They are almost certainly the most hated team in all of baseball right now and probably one of the top five most hated teams in all of professional sports. I get that.

Just because I live in Houston hardly means I'm in a bubble. I see every article and video from mainstream sports networks who take every single Astros story and use it as an opportunity to talk about sign stealing. I see the negativity and the booing and the chants in opposing teams' stands (even for players who weren't even on the roster in 2017, which is most of the team). I'd be blind to not notice that stuff.

But the Astros being unlikeable doesn't make teams like the Dodgers or Yankees suddenly likeable. They would love to paint themselves as innocent victims of sign stealing in 2017, but I don't believe for a second that either franchise is as squeaky clean as they'd have us believe—especially when accusations have been lobbed at both and the Yankees were caught doing it themselves.

And I find it hard to feel bad for them or consider them likeable franchises when they've got $200M payrolls and continue to add marquee players. The Astros being the villain of the sport doesn't suddenly make those teams likeable to fans of other franchises—they're still unlikeable for all the reasons I painted above. There's just a bigger villain in the sport now for everyone to point their hate and vitriol toward.

Corey Knebel, not Julio Urías, will start tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Corey Knebel, not Julio Urías, will start tonight.
    Robert’s going full blown analytics. I don’t like it . Guy wins 20 games he starts this game . He will still pitch tonight I’m guessing 3rd inning unless there’s early trouble

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast