Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who moves onto the NLCS?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

7 63.64%
  • San Francisco Giants

4 36.36%
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Awwwwww poor spliffy, did your giants finally get a tasted of their own ******** medicine.

They never should have won the division, they shouldn't have had home field, and it shouldn't have gone 5 games.
    Dodgers out played the giants in basically every game except game 1.
    What a surprise. Another monumentally dumb take by a guy known for monumentally dumb takes.

They got that extra pitch back in July it cost the dodgers the division and was bul ****.
    Imagine still whining about a call from 3-4 months ago. Absolutely laughable. Especially seeing as how it was right after a bad call that went the Dodgers way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Anybody blindly defending this as a good victory just has their head so far up their *** in the name of confirmation bias.

Never said the Dodgers didnít deserve to win - nor do I have a horse in this race.

Fact is, the umpire blew the call and thatís going to forever be the narrative of this game, and if the Dodgers win.

Itís always ďwe need robo umps!!!Ē Until the umpires make a call that benefit your team.

Youíre a Dodgers fan so naturally youíre going to do everything in your power to justify this victory. Iím a baseball fan so Iím going to say that the game ended in the shittiest way possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Someone gets it.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Robo umps need to be put in the next CBA. This call aside, there are so many balls and strikes that arenít called wrongly and that end up benefitting or hurting one team or another.

Just based off of the ump scorecard, the home plate umpire called .65 runs in favor of the Dodgers, which is the deciding factor in the game regardless of the check swing.

It just goes to show how inconsistent and ******** baseball can be just because of the human element.

That being said, Iím rooting for the Dodgers against the Braves and other than that, I donít really care who wins the World Series. I kind of hope itís the Astros just to piss off baseball fans who vilified them for nonsense in 2017, when so many others were doing the same.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Look I don't want every free agent player, I don't care about Trevor Story or Baez etc, the only free agent I want is Bryant because that would hurt Giants fans.
    I've been advocating we let him walk for over a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Ciaban - trolls by saying the dodgers suck all season
    Ciaban also - trolls when dodgers win
    Trolls....period.

Damn this thread is getting good Ö why isnít the MLB like this all year Iíd spend more time in here.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Robo umps need to be put in the next CBA. This call aside, there are so many balls and strikes that arenít called wrongly and that end up benefitting or hurting one team or another.

Just based off of the ump scorecard, the home plate umpire called .65 runs in favor of the Dodgers, which is the deciding factor in the game regardless of the check swing.

It just goes to show how inconsistent and ******** baseball can be just because of the human element.

I had the same comment after the Sox beat the Astros in Game 3. There were some truly atrocious calls in that game, most of which favored the White Sox, and the ump scorecard had an absurd 1.2+ runs in favor of Chicago. That's unacceptable for a playoff game. And the more I looked into it, the guy behind the plate was in the bottom fourth of all umpires in terms of plate accuracy this seasonóI couldn't believe that was the guy behind the plate.

In the case of the blown call on the check swing, obviously robo umpires don't fix situations like that. But it would have fixed a number of other bad calls that have a significant impact on the outcome of games. It's 2021; there's no excuse for us not to be able to get strikes and balls correct anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Who says the NLDS matchup would've been Dodgers/Giants in that scenario? The Cardinals could have won the wild card game against the Giants for all we know.
    Even if that call changed that game and the Dodgers won it, they still wouldn't have won the division. They would have been tied and would have played a tie breaker game.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Imagine still whining about a call from 3-4 months ago. Absolutely laughable. Especially seeing as how it was right after a bad call that went the Dodgers way.
    I'll make sure to reference this post in 3-4 months when you're *****ing about the dodgers 2021 world series title not being legit because of that ****** call.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Even if that call changed that game and the Dodgers won it, they still wouldn't have won the division. They would have been tied and would have played a tie breaker game.
    It would have been Scherzer vs Gausman in LA.

I've been advocating we let him walk for over a month now.
    You are a sample size of 1.

Interesting you started calling for that after he started to slump.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    He's referring to this moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ9WxG7ygHY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ9Qsz0Zyus

Watch 2:35

It's hilarious to see you guys bring up the check swing but not the pitch called a strike a few pitches prior that justifiably would've resutled in a walk regardless.

but yea, "karma"

Trolls....period.
    Don't feel to bad spliff, there is always next year, all the giants have to do is have another dozen career years from guys in their mid 30's while replacing 4/5 of the starting rotation, plus key pen contributions and hope the unheralded 4th round draft pick who was never a ranked prospect doesn't turn back into a pumpkin, all while the dodgers and padres continue to be younger and more talented.

Should be simple enough to repeat that 107 win season.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 10-16-2021 at 05:43 AM.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast