Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who moves onto the NLCS?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

7 63.64%
  • San Francisco Giants

4 36.36%
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    They have likeable guys, but also guys who aren't especially well liked. I've always liked Turner, and I've got nothing against Scherzer. Mookie is an acquired taste, but a guy I've always respected. Cody Belllinger comes off as a tool, and adding Trevor Bauer didn't do them any favors (and that was before the criminal accusations).

Also, you have to remember that fans of opposing teams and sports fans in general hate large-market teams with huge pocketbooks. When you have a 100-win team with a top 5 payroll and still have the money to go out and sign guys like Betts and Bauer and trade for Scherzer, that automatically makes you unlikeable. Small and mid-market teams' fans will always dislike the Dodgers, Yankees and Red Sox for this reason.
    Dodgers traded for Betts too . If you followed the Dodgers you would see their farm system allows them to trade for high end players . Plus the job they have done signing and developing players has had as much to do with their success as any other element . Players like Muncy and Justin Turner . Look up and down the bullpen and you see multiple players who became dominant once they got to LA . Money has nothing to do with any of that .

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Dodgers traded for Betts too . If you followed the Dodgers you would see their farm system allows them to trade for high end players . Plus the job they have done signing and developing players has had as much to do with their success as any other element . Players like Muncy and Justin Turner . Look up and down the bullpen and you see multiple players who became dominant once they got to LA . Money has nothing to do with any of that .
    Money absolutely helps the Dodgers operate the way they do. Just so happens they also have a very smart front office.

lets go webb.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Money absolutely helps the Dodgers operate the way they do. Just so happens they also have a very smart front office.
    Yes money definitely helps . But look at the Yankees of late . Dodgers are different . They develop both farm players and FA signings as well as anyone in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    lets go webb.
    Egghhh Ö heís had the Dodgers number so far thatís for sure

They've done a lot of solid player development on their end. I'm not disputing that at all. You can't just build a great team with money. But you also can't sign guys like Bauer or trade for guys like Betts and Scherzer unless you have pretty deep pockets. Also, downplaying that $365 million extension to Betts is a bit disingenuousóthey may have traded for him, but they also were the ones who gave him the absurd money a few months later.

Yes money definitely helps . But look at the Yankees of late . Dodgers are different . They develop both farm players and FA signings as well as anyone in baseball.
    That's what I was getting at.

I hope Dave Roberts is aware that Knebel has reverse platoon splits (both this season and throughout his career). Giants should basically go with the same lineup they would have if Urias was starting.

You guys are making it seem Knebel is going to pitch 5+ innings. He will pitch 1 inning and if he gets in trouble Kelly, Graterol will come in and finish off the inning. Urias can then come in the 2nd or 3rd inning and go 4-5 innings and hand the ball over to Treinen and Jansen to finish the game off.

I think this will all depend if Dodgers score some runs early. Doc may hold Urias longer if we have a lead till the 3rd or 4th inning, sort of like he did last year with the game 7 against the Braves and to finish off the Rays.

Robertís going full blown analytics. I donít like it . Guy wins 20 games he starts this game . He will still pitch tonight Iím guessing 3rd inning unless thereís early trouble
    This apparently came from the front office. Kapler also said Roberts texted him yesterday that Knebel was starting.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    You guys are making it seem Knebel is going to pitch 5+ innings.
    lol wut

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    This apparently came from the front office. Kapler also said Roberts texted him yesterday that Knebel was starting.
    Dave Roberts is a puppet manager controlled by sabertards.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    If this is true Iím not sure I agree . Just be the manager then although is is not a non Dave Robertís move . But if itís true it makes me question all the moves heís made . Their bullpen games have been stellar . Iím not sure this game is a textbook bullpen game it may be more of a mind game but Ö.

https://youtu.be/kvIIM2AZgCA

Here we go boys hats off to both teams for treating us to a damn near 170 game war .

How good is mookie . Against a lesser defensive team heíd be batting 700 in this series plus the defense and base running

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast