Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Alright hereís some positives from PFF

Eichenberg had the best overall offensive grade at 76 overall. Had a 91 run blocking grade and a 64.1 pass blocking grade. Iím incredibly excited to watch him the rest of the way at LT. Had stuff to clean up but against that Dline I was happy with what I saw.

Jackson had his highest grade of the season at 65.5. 76.1 run blocking and 48.9 pass blocking and 0 penalties. I havenít watched the game too in depth yet but the fact that he didnít have any noticeably awful reps outside of there strip sack is progress. Iíve liked what Iíve seen from him run blocking this year and maybe the move will actually help. Still struggles with power but maybe the chance in space will help.

Christian Wilkins had another very good game. Only player on the defense over 70. Got a 77.5 overall. Iíve been pleasantly surprised with how heís played this year. Still isnít a world beater but heís making good plays. Last week he had an 89.9 which has easily been the best grade this year.

So those are some nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I think at this point Grier is likely to make decisions that will increase his odds of him being retained at the end of the year. His chance of coming back is likely tied to the teams success this season.
    We're not making the playoffs so there is nothing Grier can do to improve this team.

It was great to see Eichenberg move to LT. I hope it's permanent. sometimes players like AJ need a position change. We saw it with Erick Flowers. High pick in the draft to man the LT spot for NYG back in the day. He failed miserably there, got kicked inside, and has been good since. Maybe it's the best for AJ. If we can get solid to good play from him at LG, then he wouldn't be a total bust in the 1st rd, just a bit disappointing . I still think Hunt needs to be kicked to RT permanently as well. I think he'd be better than Davis right now to be honest.

Our defense is just flat-out terrible. I never thought it would be this bad. I still don't understand why we're still playing a zone defense that is getting torn apart. week after week, it doesn't change. is that Flo or Boyer?

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    It was great to see Eichenberg move to LT. I hope it's permanent. sometimes players like AJ need a position change. We saw it with Erick Flowers. High pick in the draft to man the LT spot for NYG back in the day. He failed miserably there, got kicked inside, and has been good since. Maybe it's the best for AJ. If we can get solid to good play from him at LG, then he wouldn't be a total bust in the 1st rd, just a bit disappointing . I still think Hunt needs to be kicked to RT permanently as well. I think he'd be better than Davis right now to be honest.

Our defense is just flat-out terrible. I never thought it would be this bad. I still don't understand why we're still playing a zone defense that is getting torn apart. week after week, it doesn't change. is that Flo or Boyer?
    Flo said yesterday that although there were things to clean up, he thinks the pairing of Eich and Jackson can be a long term solution. Eich just looks so much more comfortable at LT, and Jackson has surprisingly played well in the run game. You also get him out in space as a puller more and he looks so comfortable in that situation. I just worry about his play strength. He did well against a good defense but I need to see him anchor more against these bigger bodies.

Hunt absolutely should be at RT now. I hate it because I think RG can be his best spot, but Davis is that much of a liability. He had another rep just like the one that got Tua hurt where he just doesnt even lay a hand on the guy. If youíre writing a script of how the Dolphins lose this week, itís because Davis letís Josh Allen blow past him.

The defense is struggling because itís easy to scheme open targets. Theyíre still running man a lot, but because of the poor safety play no one is calling switches correctly. I said it all offseason but Bobby was so important to this defense because of his communication. Just another example of this team moving on from a good proven vet and having too much confidence in a rookie.

So now that theyíre not able to communicate as safely in the secondary, you have to use your LBs in coverage more to take away the middle of the field. Which means the LBs arenít blitzing, which means youíre getting more 4 man rushes and no one getting home. So really your best hope is to play a bad zone blitz so at least youíre trying to get pressure, but this team isnít built for Zone so itís easy for good QBs to pick apart. The entire defense is broken right now and I donít know how you really fix it. Should have signed guys like KJ Wright and Melvin Ingram to help and kept Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    We're not making the playoffs so there is nothing Grier can do to improve this team.
    We started off 1-3 last year and finished 10-6. We are not going to make the playoffs playing like this, but that doesn't mean we can't turn it around, and with a extra game and a extra playoff spot its far too early to say we have no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    We started off 1-3 last year and finished 10-6. We are not going to make the playoffs playing like this, but that doesn't mean we can't turn it around, and with a extra game and a extra playoff spot its far too early to say we have no chance.
    The trade deadline is Nov. 2 so no, it's not far too early to say we have no chance. A team must decide if you have a legit shot at the playoffs or if it's false hope. I firmly believe thinking we are a playoff team is false hope. The 3 wild cards will be a combo of the North and West and I don't believe that's even debatable.

there is a less than 1% chance MIA makes a run at a playoff spot imo. last year was completely different. we had vets that knew the defensive system. we had a QB the team would follow through fire. the players still listened to Flo. This year is not like last year, not even close.

We lose to JAC on Sunday (which I honestly don't think we will cause they are a complete poop show), then it's time to getting trading. We can still go on a little mini winning streak vs. JAC and ATL, but then we get destroyed by BUF again. Clearly this offense refuses to use Gesicki, so trade him and get somethin in return (i think a team would trade a 3rd for him). Trade X as well and get as much value for him as possible (a 1st? maybe two 2nds?).

If MIA doesn't go 2-1 over the course of the next three weeks, Flo has got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    The trade deadline is Nov. 2 so no, it's not far too early to say we have no chance. A team must decide if you have a legit shot at the playoffs or if it's false hope. I firmly believe thinking we are a playoff team is false hope. The 3 wild cards will be a combo of the North and West and I don't believe that's even debatable.
    We don't have to make a trade to make the playoffs. When we turned it around last season it wasn't because of a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    there is a less than 1% chance MIA makes a run at a playoff spot imo. last year was completely different. we had vets that knew the defensive system. we had a QB the team would follow through fire. the players still listened to Flo. This year is not like last year, not even close.

We lose to JAC on Sunday (which I honestly don't think we will cause they are a complete poop show), then it's time to getting trading. We can still go on a little mini winning streak vs. JAC and ATL, but then we get destroyed by BUF again. Clearly this offense refuses to use Gesicki, so trade him and get somethin in return (i think a team would trade a 3rd for him). Trade X as well and get as much value for him as possible (a 1st? maybe two 2nds?).

If MIA doesn't go 2-1 over the course of the next three weeks, Flo has got to go.
    I would rather keep Gesicki and see how the next regime uses him. Whether that's just our annual change at OC or a full house cleaning, he's a legitimate asset and also helps in your assessment of Tua this season. But mostly because he is a very good asset to have going forward.

I like the idea of trading X though. I think someone will give you a first for him and maybe more if they are on the cusp of being a contender.

If the team gets to the playoffs I better not hear a damn thing about Tua because that would take a Herculean effort to fix this **** show.

Iíd be shocked if this team comes close to a winning record at this point.

Playoffs? You want to talk to me about playoffs?

Playoffs?

I just want to win a damn game!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567