Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 80 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 4143
  1. #1186
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    38,085
    I see Peta is itching for attention.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  2. #1187
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Except there’s several big ticket SS available now, and only so much money to go around. If he took a big dollar 2 year deal, and kills it, he’s still getting paid very nicely again

    You think there’s a ton of teams out there willing to throw those mega deals on the table? When many times, they don’t go well

    Who said that story is gonna get a mega deal ? I am saying that in this market , it’s logical to ask for more than a year or two . Story asking for about 4 years at a good rate per year would seem like a bargain compared to what Seager , Correa and possibly what Siemen will get

  3. #1188
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And you don’t get that story’s best chance to capitalize on his value is now while he is still under 30 in his prime .
    No, No its not. He had his worst yr of his career last yr, he has 3-4 better SS this yr that teams are going to give better offers to. Next yr, if Story has a bounce back yr, he re enters the market without multiple better options.

    This is absolutely not the best chance Story has to capitalize

  4. #1189
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    38,085
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    No, No its not. He had his worst yr of his career last yr, he has 3-4 better SS this yr that teams are going to give better offers to. Next yr, if Story has a bounce back yr, he re enters the market without multiple better options.

    This is absolutely not the best chance Story has to capitalize
    I hear he's an athlete though.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  5. #1190
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    No, No its not. He had his worst yr of his career last yr, he has 3-4 better SS this yr that teams are going to give better offers to. Next yr, if Story has a bounce back yr, he re enters the market without multiple better options.

    This is absolutely not the best chance Story has to capitalize
    Can’t agree with that when he is 2 years younger than siemen .

  6. #1191
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Zack wheeler is an example of my point . He didn’t have a great year in 19 but he still got himself 5 years 118 mill and he was 29 at the time . Why? Because cole and others made it a big buyer’s market. His contract was a bargain compared to what cole and some others got
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-28-2021 at 06:58 PM.

  7. #1192
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Zack wheeler is an example of my point . He didn’t have a great year in 19 but he still got himself 5 years 118 mill and he was 29 at the time . Why? Because cole and others made it a big buyer’s market. His contract was a bargain compared to what cole and some others got
    Not even close to being true. Look at Wheelers injury history and numbers with the Mets, he was talented but never even close to being in Cole class at the time. Also that market didn't have 4 other aces in it that yr

  8. #1193
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Not even close to being true. Look at Wheelers injury history and numbers with the Mets, he was talented but never even close to being in Cole class at the time. Also that market didn't have 4 other aces in it that yr
    You just proved my point even more by pointing out wheeler’s injury history . Despite his injury history and not great season he still got 5 years . That was my point. And he had two other aces in the market ahead of him , cole and Strasberg . Story really has 2 ss in front of him , Seager and Correa . Simeon is 2 years older than him
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-28-2021 at 07:17 PM.

  9. #1194
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,308
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Not the best group ever. The best opportunity. When in recent memory have we seen thiis many quality SS IN THEIR PRIME production years available for only money?
    I’m fine with Urshela at SS to save money. We need another Ace.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  10. #1195
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,308
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I see Peta is itching for attention.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    If they eliminate the word “bullpen” from MLB I’m done with MLB!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  11. #1196
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    You just proved my point even more by pointing out wheeler’s injury history . Despite his injury history and not great season he still got 5 years . That was my point. And he had two other aces in the market ahead of him , cole and Strasberg . Story really has 2 ss in front of him , Seager and Correa . Simeon is 2 years older than him
    In what world was Wheeler a comparable pitcher to Stras and Cole. Lots of potential, and how few innings were on his arm at 29 is what really got him signed, but his numbers never really backed him up to be anything close to an Ace.

    Story on the other hand has put up numbers that make his comparable to Seager and Correa, Story has been ranked as a the top SS in baseball recently. It was even predicted that he would be the one to get the highest AAV of this whole group last yr after Lindor signed.

    With this market Story has at least 3 SS in front of him, possibly 4 with Baez. Siemen is looking for a 6-7 yr deal like CBS reported.

    Yes Story would be 30 next yr, but based on his season last yr, no one is going to give him the 8yr deal at 30m AAV he could have likely gotten had he had a normal season for him. He cost himself a ton of money by his yr last yr. Very similar to Siemen last yr, he didn't have a great walk yr and took a 1yr deal to bet on himself and re establish value even though he was going into his age 31 season.

    Having multiple top SS on the market actually hurts Story, why would a team offer him a big long term deal when there are better options available? There are only a limited number of teams looking and that can pay a premium SS. Story, as has been reported multiple times, could look to take a 1 yr deal. Then get back into the market at 30, which is still absolutely in his prime, when there are less SS options available and he is coming of a normal yr.

    Could he settle for a 4-5 yr deal for 80-100m but if he bets on himself he could re enter the market at 30 and use Siemen's deal he's going to get this winter as a comp and he would be a yr younger.

    Another reason why Story would take a 1yr deal, is there are always questions surrounding players coming out of Col. If he bets on himself and hits anywhere close to how he hit before this yr, it raises his value more.

    When your a FA looking to get paid, your ideal market isn't when their are 3-4 better players at the same position
    Last edited by dayners81; 10-28-2021 at 08:23 PM.

  12. #1197
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,218
    According to the latest sourced rumors, Seager will likely be a Yankee (per Jeff Passan), and the contract will cost about $300 million for between 10 and 12 years

    this has to be the funniest article i seen in life .. can't be any possibility of it being true?

  13. #1198
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    In what world was Wheeler a comparable pitcher to Stras and Cole. Lots of potential, and how few innings were on his arm at 29 is what really got him signed, but his numbers never really backed him up to be anything close to an Ace.

    Story on the other hand has put up numbers that make his comparable to Seager and Correa, Story has been ranked as a the top SS in baseball recently. It was even predicted that he would be the one to get the highest AAV of this whole group last yr after Lindor signed.

    With this market Story has at least 3 SS in front of him, possibly 4 with Baez. Siemen is looking for a 6-7 yr deal like CBS reported.

    Yes Story would be 30 next yr, but based on his season last yr, no one is going to give him the 8yr deal at 30m AAV he could have likely gotten had he had a normal season for him. He cost himself a ton of money by his yr last yr. Very similar to Siemen last yr, he didn't have a great walk yr and took a 1yr deal to bet on himself and re establish value even though he was going into his age 31 season.

    Having multiple top SS on the market actually hurts Story, why would a team offer him a big long term deal when there are better options available? There are only a limited number of teams looking and that can pay a premium SS. Story, as has been reported multiple times, could look to take a 1 yr deal. Then get back into the market at 30, which is still absolutely in his prime, when there are less SS options available and he is coming of a normal yr.

    Could he settle for a 4-5 yr deal for 80-100m but if he bets on himself he could re enter the market at 30 and use Siemen's deal he's going to get this winter as a comp and he would be a yr younger.

    Another reason why Story would take a 1yr deal, is there are always questions surrounding players coming out of Col. If he bets on himself and hits anywhere close to how he hit before this yr, it raises his value more.

    When your a FA looking to get paid, your ideal market isn't when their are 3-4 better players at the same position
    Holy crap are you far off . I was never comparing wheeler to cole or Strasberg . I was comparing the markets . Cole and Strasberg are Seager and Correa . Story and simien are wheeler and bumgarner .

  14. #1199
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    38,085
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    According to the latest sourced rumors, Seager will likely be a Yankee (per Jeff Passan), and the contract will cost about $300 million for between 10 and 12 years

    this has to be the funniest article i seen in life .. can't be any possibility of it being true?
    No way man. Dodgers don't want him! We don't want him!

    Not like this hasn't been discussed in length over the last few days or anything.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  15. #1200
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    According to the latest sourced rumors, Seager will likely be a Yankee (per Jeff Passan), and the contract will cost about $300 million for between 10 and 12 years

    this has to be the funniest article i seen in life .. can't be any possibility of it being true?
    Give him 8/$350MM....honestly, who cares about the dollar amount?

    The Red Sox dropped a quarter of a billion dollars in 2018 for a trophy.

    The Dodgers have not spent less than $185MM in a season since 2017 and have grabbed every damn blue chip player from Mookie to Bauer to Trea and Max.

    And the result?

    They just missed going to the World Series for the 4th time since 2017.

    The 2020 Championship trophy is still shinning.

    And everyone in baseball knows they are contending again next year.

    I remember when that was the Yankees.
    We’re pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isn’t about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The “Holy Trinity” of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •