Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 272 of 277 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 4143
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Sources reporting that Freeman will choose between Yanks and Braves tomorrow, barring a big push from the Dodgers

Starting to sound like Freeman or Rizzo
    So the Braves have 24hrs to up their offer or he signs with us. Not sure if this is the way to go but if the Olsen price is too high? Iím still hoping for Suzuki.

Will there be a Rule 5 Draft?

No. The Rule 5 Draft, which is typically held during the Winter Meetings, has been canceled for this season.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-2022-season-faq

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    So the Braves have 24hrs to up their offer or he signs with us. Not sure if this is the way to go but if the Olsen price is too high? Iím still hoping for Suzuki.
    I want Suzuki, Rodon, and Freeman, and then let one of the kids play SS. And I really want Florial as 4th outfielder. I still believe he could be an all-star if given a real chance.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    They voted 30-0 to ratify, I believe.

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...40498982121472

I think they initially voted against no but were obviously greatly outnumbered. This is just what I understood from a few tweets earlier.
    You're confused. The team vote included the 8 executive committee players, who all voted, 'No. " So, the teams voted 26-4 in favor and the Committee composed of Cole, Scherzer, et al voted 0-8 for a total player vote of 26-12.

The four teams that voted no on MLB proposal: Mets, Yankees, Astros, Cardinals were the team vote taken by the players

MLB was the one who made the offer and Hal Steinbrenner was one of the owners on the Management Committee that presented the offer. It's ludicrous to think that he would vote against his own written offer.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    That's not how I read the tweet.

There were 4 teams(from a players perspective) that voted not(26-4) and all 8 from the union board(final vote of 26-12)

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Yes and 5 of the 8 players on the Union Committee were Boras clients and his objective was to eliminate the qualifying offer, so he'd be able to get free agents signed for maximum dollars without any strings attached. It might have been their biggest personal objective and they were all disappointed by not getting it.

Francisco Lindor, Alternate Association Player Representative

Marcus Semien, Alternate Association Player Representative

Zack Britton, Pension Committee Representative

Gerrit Cole, Alternate Pension Committee Representative

Jason Castro, Alternate Pension Committee Representative

Andrew Miller and Elvis Andrus are recently elected and i can't find the 8th

The 8th was Max Scherzer, wasn't it? Therefore, with Max and Lindor on the Committee voting "No," it's no wonder that the Mets voted "No," as a team.

Here it comes, Yankees pulling out all the stops

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I want Suzuki, Rodon, and Freeman, and then let one of the kids play SS. And I really want Florial as 4th outfielder. I still believe he could be an all-star if given a real chance.
    I would love to see all of this things happen

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Yes and 5 of the 8 players on the Union Committee were Boras clients and his objective was to eliminate the qualifying offer, so he'd be able to get free agents signed for maximum dollars without any strings attached. It might have been their biggest personal objective and they were all disappointed by not getting it.
    I don't mind the qualifying offer. I think it protects a team from losing home grown players for nothing.
    I am not sure of the exact rule but I do think a player should only be subject to it, once or be able to have a clause against it, in their contract.

Ignorance is bliss

Dammit. I woke up thinking I would see a slew of moves by teams and nada!

Ignorance is bliss

Sources reporting that Freeman will choose between Yanks and Braves tomorrow, barring a big push from the Dodgers

Starting to sound like Freeman or Rizzo
    Lol. I just realized this likely means the Yankees will have Deals with Story and Billy Hamilton.
    All smoke and mirrors.

Or this could be a ploy to scare the As into taking less. The ask for him now, as you posted, is ludicrous
    If I am the Yankees, my offer includes, Sweeney, Medina and Wells or Pereira, to start

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Lol. I just realized this likely means the Yankees will have Deals with Story and Billy Hamilton.
    All smoke and mirrors.

Or this could be a ploy to scare the As into taking less. The ask for him now, as you posted, is ludicrous
    If I am the Yankees, my offer includes, Sweeney, Medina and Wells or Pereira, to start
    I doubt it. I think they really want Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I doubt it. I think they really want Freeman
    I would be quite happy if they get him for something unreasonably reasonable

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Dammit. I woke up thinking I would see a slew of moves by teams and nada!
    Same lol

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

We all were expecting something. Of course it's in the owners best interest not to do things the first night so everyone doesn't think they violated the lockout by making deals with the players during that time. So, hopefully, today's the day. 300 free agents and 30 teams and spring training in 2 days. Not to mention trades. It would suck if a player went to Florida for spring training and was told that he was immediately traded to a team with an Arizona facility. I'm talking to you Voit and Sanchez.

Wonder if the Voit trade is conditional on the Yankees acquiring Freeman, Olsen or Rizzo, since Voit is currently the only 1B on the roster (though DJ can play there).

We will see. I will probably only check on the Yankees about 50 times today.