Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 213 of 277 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 4143
    BOLD Predictions for the 2022 Yankees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hF524ewDUc

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Interesting. Maybe they think Blake and co. can remake him? Maybe he works in the pen?
    Thats my first thought, if he still has that plus plus CB and CU, maybe they think he could be like Luetage was for them last yr. I'm of the opinion that there are no bad MILB deals. What i like is we finally have a pitching coach and staff that is capable of fixing " reclamation pitcher" not ruin perfectly good ones like Gray

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Thats my first thought, if he still has that plus plus CB and CU, maybe they think he could be like Luetage was for them last yr. I'm of the opinion that there are no bad MILB deals. What i like is we finally have a pitching coach and staff that is capable of fixing " reclamation pitcher" not ruin perfectly good ones like Gray
    Forgive me guys if I'm not rushing to pre order my WS tics. Manny was bust and has given no indication that will change anytime soon. Always nice to see one of your own return to the stable, but.....he's pitched a grand total of 77 innings in 8 seasons! A very unremarkable 26 IP in 2015 for the Braves and 50.2 in 2019 for Chicago.....thats it!

BUT....as you mention a low risk minor league deal worth the effort and risk.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    BOLD Predictions for the 2022 Yankees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hF524ewDUc
    Lost me at gary, I want NO part of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Lost me at gary, I want NO part of him

I agree. Wishful thinking and hoping?

Hadnt it been since 2017 since Luetage pitched before last season? I have no idea what their hope if for Man Ban but he used to have a pretty nasty CB&CU. If the y could teach him a sinker and get his off speed stuff to tunnel off of that he probably could be an effective LHed reliever.
    They did a hell of a job last yr taking flyers on Nestor and Luetage. With Blake i wouldn't bet against him making Man Ban a useful piece and Cressey and Briend can hopefully keep him healthy.

If it doesn't work out, oh well it an MILB deal. My point is that with Blake, Cressey and Briend we can take a flyer on some of these pitcher with good stuff but haven't been able to stay healthy.

I doubt Man Ban will have a big impact but now that the actually have an excellent pitching coaches staff we can take flyers on these kinda of guys. We signed another reliever to an MILB deal who has been out of baseball since the 19 season, i forget the name, but he choose to sign here over several other teams because he saw what Cressey and Blake did for our pitching staff last yr. Its a great thing to have a pitching coach that has had proven results taking on these kind of projects. Even if only 1 hits that could still be a big time value pickup like we saw with Nestor and Luetage last yr.

Day you are correct, nothing ventured nothing gained. Yankees pitching coaches have done a very good job lately. I am being cautiously optimistic with Manny. I hope for the best but am prepared for the worst. His track record is dismal. If it's something mechanical and easily fixed great, if not, not a ton invested in a minor league deal.

What my worry is....to many of these reclamation projects succeeding might have Cashman believing he's a miracle worker. He may never spend again!

Day you are correct, nothing ventured nothing gained. Yankees pitching coaches have done a very good job lately. I am being cautiously optimistic with Manny. I hope for the best but am prepared for the worst. His track record is dismal. If it's something mechanical and easily fixed great, if not, not a ton invested in a minor league deal.

What my worry is....to many of these reclamation projects succeeding might have Cashman believing he's a miracle worker. He may never spend again! :D
    Hadn't thought of it that way, excellent point. If we see Cashman start doing it with starters, then we have problems

I really i'm tired of seeing them spend Britton/Chapman money on relievers. I think there are more efficient ways to build a BP. If they can bring in a couple guys who are reclamation projects, like Luetage, that provides valuable innings I think that is worth the risk. If they can keep developing quality BP arm like Lo, Abreau who i think is gonna be Lo 2.0 next yr. Hopefully they can keep finding great trades like Wandy, Holmes and a lesser extent Joely, i think we stop spending close to 30m on backend relievers and use that money else where. 30m could be a hell of a TORP or 2 pretty good players IMO

Speaking of the rotation, i've heard from a couple sources, that Rodon is going to be their top pitching target. Not my first choice, but the stuff is elite and he already has started working with Cressey. If they can keep him healthy like they did with Taillon this yr, he would be a heck of an addition without costing us 25m plus AAV

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

What my worry is....to many of these reclamation projects succeeding might have Cashman believing he's a miracle worker. He may never spend again!
    Doc, agreed about Manny. For me, he's not even on my radar until he is but I hope he beeps and we see him.
    100% to the Cashman comment. I think that's the fear of many fans. The problem is, he has so many of these guys a year, that some do succeed, so he perpetuates his own narrative. In 5 years, it is his goal for the Yankees to have a negative payroll. he will do this by taking back contracts of broken players that the other teams pay for, much like Gallo's
    The Yankees will make the playoffs but never really have a shot, they will have a negative payroll and make trillions. lol. That's my conspiracy of the day!
    (Well it is only 645, so I might have another one)

Ignorance is bliss

Doc, agreed about Manny. For me, he's not even on my radar until he is but I hope he beeps and we see him.
    100% to the Cashman comment. I think that's the fear of many fans. The problem is, he has so many of these guys a year, that some do succeed, so he perpetuates his own narrative. In 5 years, it is his goal for the Yankees to have a negative payroll. he will do this by taking back contracts of broken players that the other teams pay for, much like Gallo's
    The Yankees will make the playoffs but never really have a shot, they will have a negative payroll and make trillions. lol. That's my conspiracy of the day!
    (Well it is only 645, so I might have another one)
    Speaking of Cashman and pitching, while running yesterday I tried to think of one, just one very good starter he traded for.
    Not free agent not picked up off waivers(Nester)
    Can you guys name me one???

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Speaking of Cashman and pitching, while running yesterday I tried to think of one, just one very good starter he traded for.

were either Messina or Clemons trades?

Ignorance is bliss

He traded for Clemens, arguably one of the best pitchers in MLB History.

He traded for a few decent pitchers who underperformed as Yankees. Jeff Weaver, Shaun Chacon, Javier Vasquez, Nathan Eovaldi, Michael Pineda, Sonny Gray, James Paxton and J Happ come to mind. He also traded for Cliff Lee until the Rangers backed out of it. Same thing happened with Verlander and Tigers.

Considering we also signed free agents like Mike Mussina, Randy Johnson, CC Sabathia and Masahiro Tanaka for long stretches and developed Pettite, Wang and Severino, there were a number of decent pitchers on the staff.

were either Messina or Clemons trades?
    We traded Wells and Homer Bush for Clemens and he proceeded to win the next few Cy young awards. So, I guess that trade worked out.

Mussina was a free agent signing.

Mussina,Tank and CC along with Cole were all no brainer FA signings
    but seriously name me ONE just ONE good starting pitcher he TRADED for in the last 10+ years

It's just one failure after another

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    We traded Wells and Homer Bush for Clemens and he proceeded to win the next few Cy young awards. So, I guess that trade worked out.

Mussina was a free agent signing.
    I Think and I say think,,George was responsible for getting Roger