Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    It was that same year that the Yankees had use a defensive replacement for andujar in the playoffs that year because his glove was so bad . That is why cashman got gio at the deadline. And I suggested those trades as example of right trades that should have been made period
    1 Gio was picked up for 25k because he was released and they saw something in him. The AAA, hitting coach was the one that changed everything for Gio. They brought Gio on as a project, because before he got to the Yanks he couldn't hit. He was never expect to make the team as anything more than a defensive replacement, much less hit the way he has

That is your opinion they should have made those deals, not fact. If they had traded for Realmuto he'd be gone The Yanks weren't going over 210M this yr and Realmuto got 5yr115.5M. No way the Yanks were going to give a 30 yr old catcher 23M AAV, which is more than they pay for Stanton. Signing Catchers, especially over 30, to big, long term deals are always extremely risky

If they had traded for Cole, who knows if he would be as close to as good as he was. In Pit, he wasn't the ace he turned into in Houston. Had he not gotten mentored by Verlander, or had they not changed the way he pitched, it's very likely he never takes that next step in becoming a legit Ace. Rothchild was our pitching coach and he couldn't fix anything. He didn't help Paxton, he ruined Gray while he was here, he never did anything with Pineda, what makes u think he would have been able to help Cole.

Plus we would have had to pay big twice had they traded for Cole
    Last edited by dayners81; 10-12-2021 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    1 Gio was picked up for 25k because he was released and they saw something in him. The AAA, hitting coach was the one that changed everything for Gio. They brought Gio on as a project, because before he got to the Yanks he couldn't hit. He was never expect to make the team as anything more than a defensive replacement, much less hit the way he has

That is your opinion they should have made those deals, not fact. If they had traded for Realmuto he'd be gone The Yanks weren't going over 210M this yr and Realmuto got 5yr115.5M. No way the Yanks were going to give a 30 yr old catcher 23M AAV, which is more than they pay for Stanton. Signing Catchers, especially over 30, to big, long term deals are always extremely risky

If they had traded for Cole, who knows if he would be as close to as good as he was. In Pit, he wasn't the ace he turned into in Houston. Had he not gotten mentored by Verlander, or had they not changed the way he pitched, it's very likely he never takes that next step in becoming a legit Ace. Rothchild was our pitching coach and he couldn't fix anything. He didn't help Paxton, he ruined Gray while he was here, he never did anything with Pineda, what makes u think he would have been able to help Cole.

Plus we would have had to pay big twice had they traded for Cole
    Pay big twice ? As we have seen how andujar , Frazier and Torres turned out so far , that wouldn’t have been paying big for him the first time . And Cole would have been an improvement over gray and Paxton . That is a fact .

As for realmuto , they would have resigned him instead of dj . Or McCann . Either way they wouldn’t have had gary hitting .200 over the last 3 years .

I already said the prospect hugging needs to stop and some of them need to be traded . I agree with all of your suggestions but I would also trade Gary in a package for whatever I can get . It’s better to get something regardless of how minor it is than to let him walk away for nothing in a year . Then again might as well offer him an extension right now since “ there are no better options “ than a .200 hitting defensively challenged catcher out there .
    Great, trade him, I’m open to that. Who is your catcher next year? That’s my point. You can’t just say trade this guy away and go get this guy. If you want to trade someone for specs that’s fine but just comment on who replaces them.

Why ? The Red Sox are would sweep them .
    You are would might be right but I’ll still root for the white sox.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Great, trade him, I’m open to that. Who is your catcher next year? That’s my point. You can’t just say trade this guy away and go get this guy. If you want to trade someone for specs that’s fine but just comment on who replaces them.
    He loves a career major league .183/.234 hitter.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    different times, please tell me a successful team that doesn't build from within and supplement from FA and trades?

Everyone want the next Tatis, Bieber, Franco, Vlad JR or even the next Judge you have to develop them. We've had young players have incredible starts to their careers, but failed to progress from their early seasons. Torres, Sanchez, Andujar, Frazier, Sevy and even Judge, none have had the success that they had in their 1st couple yrs, either because of injuries or just not continuing to develop. We've developed really good players, they just haven't taken that next step to be great players. Although Judge had a hell of a yr, just not quite the production we saw his rookie yr

When your group of home grown players regress in large numbers like our have, that would seem to indicate a problem with the coaching at the MLB level

Both leagues saw a ton of regression with players. That suggests a much wider issue than a few random coaches not doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Hmm

Let's see.

You posted your desire to sign morton this off season

After

He signed the extension with the braves.

No, you just need to be called out on your incorrect information since you love doing it to others.

Sorry it hurts you so much being wrong.

Ummm.. Ok....

I never disputed with anyone over Morton signing an extension, thats the funny part. All I did was mention him as being one of several FA pitchers the yankees had an option to sign and that was it. If you now want to be the one to "claim" you got one over me because you knew he got an extension then congratulations?? Wow. Talk about over the top projection and narcissism here. You will never realize how sad I feel for you right now, if "calling out" others for their lack of the latest baseball news is what highlights your waking moments. That's a level of mental illness I wouldn't wish upon anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Amazing what a good manager who preaches, hustle and effort, situational hitting, contact hitting, aggressive baserunning and good D will get when he has players who are athletic and hit the ball
    The 60 game schedule in 2020 was just a throw away season for Boston. The basically suspended Cora with the intent of bringing him back after one season, cough, cough, 60 games.

They knew what they were doing, they knew they had a good lineup. They knew pitching was weak but they knew they had a good field manager to lead the way. Cora reminds me of Girardi when Joe had the crummy 2013-2015 teams but somehow kept them relevant.

Cora is the real deal and Boston will be a tough cookie for the next 5 seasons.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-12-2021 at 04:39 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Wow, the Giants are for real.

Boston vs SF will be the WS folks!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Can trade for either stallings or Contreras . Stallings isn’t much better offensively but is still a defensive upgrade which is what they need at catcher . And Contreras is better both ways around . They have the prospects to get either one

An Article just came out listing the arbitration eligible players on every team. The Yankees have by far the most at 19 players. The expected arbitration salaries total $80.6 million, if they sign them all and most of them are keepers at the number though perhaps some could be traded (I'm looking at you Gallo, Voit, Andujar and Frazier and maybe Sanchez). OK GMs what do you do?

Here's the complete list

Yankees (19)

Jameson Taillon – $4.7MM
    Joey Gallo – $10.2MM
    Gary Sanchez – $7.9MM
    Aaron Judge – $17.1MM
    Chad Green – $4.1MM
    Wandy Peralta – $1.7MM
    Jordan Montgomery – $4.8MM
    Gio Urshela – $6.2MM
    Luke Voit – $5.4MM
    Gleyber Torres – $5.9MM
    Clint Frazier – $2.4MM
    Miguel Andujar – $1.7MM
    Tyler Wade – $700K
    Clay Holmes – $1.0MM
    Jonathan Loaisiga – $1.7MM
    Domingo German – $2.1MM
    Lucas Luetge – $1.1MM
    Tim Locastro – $700K
    Kyle Higashioka – $1.2MM

Last night the rays proved that winning 100 games in the regular season means Jack freakin squat once the playoffs start . So anyone who still feels the need to brag about 18 and 19 should learn to keep the bragging to themselves

Proud person of Puerto Rican decent. We have to go get Carlos Correa. Since the 70s name a world series team for the Yanks without a Puerto Rican on it. He is what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Proud person of Puerto Rican decent. We have to go get Carlos Correa. Since the 70s name a world series team for the Yanks without a Puerto Rican on it. He is what you need.
    I wouldn’t mind getting him . Atleast he has a lot of talent .

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Much like Yankee fans clamored for the team to back up the Brinks truck for Gerrit Cole two winters ago, many will push the club to target a star shortstop to solve their lineup woes this offseason. However, USA Today’s Bob Nightengale reports that the Yankees insist they won’t be looking for a player the likes of Corey Seager, Trevor Story, and Carlos Correa, instead focusing on finding a stopgap before Anthony Volpe takes the reins in 2023.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    An Article just came out listing the arbitration eligible players on every team. The Yankees have by far the most at 19 players. The expected arbitration salaries total $80.6 million, if they sign them all and most of them are keepers at the number though perhaps some could be traded (I'm looking at you Gallo, Voit, Andujar and Frazier and maybe Sanchez). OK GMs what do you do?

Here's the complete list

Yankees (19)

Jameson Taillon – $4.7MM(Keep)
    Joey Gallo – $10.2MM(Release)
    Gary Sanchez – $7.9MM(Keep)
    Aaron Judge – $17.1MM(Keep)
    Chad Green – $4.1MM(Trade)
    Wandy Peralta – $1.7MM(Keep)
    Jordan Montgomery – $4.8MM(Keep)
    Gio Urshela – $6.2MM(Keep)
    Luke Voit – $5.4MM(Trade)
    Gleyber Torres – $5.9MM(Keep)
    Clint Frazier – $2.4MM(Retire)
    Miguel Andujar – $1.7MM(AAA/Trade)
    Tyler Wade – $700K(Release)
    Clay Holmes – $1.0MM(Keep)
    Jonathan Loaisiga – $1.7MM(Keep)
    Domingo German – $2.1MM(Release)
    Lucas Luetge – $1.1MM(Send to sun)
    Tim Locastro – $700K(AAA)
    Kyle Higashioka – $1.2MM(AAA)
    My wishes.

Although, I'm not sure if higgy has options. I haven't looked.

But, I'd rather see Sands get a chance. He's a better defender than Higgy/Sanchez and has more offensive potential than Higgy.

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 10-12-2021 at 10:37 AM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.