Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 175 of 277 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 4143
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    How great would he be here, of all the 1st base options he's the one i want most. Great leader, great on both sides of the ball, championship experience. IMO he's a much better investment than any of the SS this winter. Him in YS hitting in between Judge and Stanton, wow.

If they get Freeman, they'll get a stop gap SS till Peraza is ready which I would be very happy about.

Still have to get a much better defensive C, now that Stallings and Barnhart are off the board Murphy should be their top priority.
    If they got Freeman, I hope they go hard for Marte. You have talked about his flexibility and as much as I like Reynolds, if you could get Marte, who would likely be cheaper, you have a stop gap SS and then a stop Gap (2-4 years) CF. If Peraza goes off in ST and is ready? Great. Marte is your starting CF. Trade Gallo, move Hicks to LF and bring up Flo as your 4th OF.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Someone looking for the fireman?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Vroom-Vroom

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If they got Freeman, I hope they go hard for Marte. You have talked about his flexibility and as much as I like Reynolds, if you could get Marte, who would likely be cheaper, you have a stop gap SS and then a stop Gap (2-4 years) CF. If Peraza goes off in ST and is ready? Great. Marte is your starting CF. Trade Gallo, move Hicks to LF and bring up Flo as your 4th OF.
    Marte?

Quote Originally Posted by WHOCARES? View Post
    Marte?
    Ketel

Marte?
    Ketel Martre plays 2b, SSc CF

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Well, getting Sanchez and THAT bat back will sure help the team.
    I’m curious how does bringing back Sanchez help this team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth noting, arbitration contracts are not fully guaranteed. In a typical year, a team can cut a player on an arb contract at any point before the halfway point in Spring Training and only be responsible for 30 days’ termination pay (about one-sixth of the contract). Releasing a player in the second half of Spring Training bumps the termination pay to 45 days of his prorated salary.

Marte?
    The K one not the S one.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Worth noting, arbitration contracts are not fully guaranteed. In a typical year, a team can cut a player on an arb contract at any point before the halfway point in Spring Training and only be responsible for 30 days’ termination pay (about one-sixth of the contract). Releasing a player in the second half of Spring Training bumps the termination pay to 45 days of his prorated salary.

I wonder if they are trying to do a "whoops, we're rebuilding and forgot to mention that", I don't get anything that's happened to this point.

If they think Wells will really be ready for 2023 and a reliable catcher? It make sense to sign Gary.
    If they believe Peraza is ready or very close to it? It makes total sense to go the minimal route at SS
    If they think that DJ will be the full time, first baseman next year? Voit makes sense.

If they came out and said our plan is to bring up Wells, Peraza, Volpe and Florial over the next two seasons? All these moves are actually smart ones.

But if that is the plan, then don't say stupid crap about needing to get better for next year or needing to get more athletic...

Many of us would welcome that commentary and idea. I know others would be angry they weren't in play for stars but having the knowledge that they have a plan and are executing would at least give some solace and insight into the plan.

I just feel like they are absolute liars at this point. They have become politicians and business men.

Ignorance is bliss

I wonder why owners don't try to add a clause that caps contract length at 5 years with a 2 year option.
    It would give them the perfect excuse to only commit that long.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I wonder why owners don't try to add a clause that caps contract length at 5 years with a 2 year option.
    It would give them the perfect excuse to only commit that long.
    I think the only way the mlbpa would even entertain that idea is if they got rid of the arbitration system entirely. Players become UFA’s after 3 years. Would be tremendous for us…

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Looks like the Yankees are trying hard to sign Freeman by tomorrow night. I don't know if they still have time though, meanwhile the Braves have a plan B in Matt Olson in case Freeman leaves and signs elsewhere.
    I easily like this move a ton for the Yanks over any of the SS options. This would be a smart move to land Freeman.

http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    I think the only way the mlbpa would even entertain that idea is if they got rid of the arbitration system entirely. Players become UFA’s after 3 years. Would be tremendous for us…
    Yep.

What horrible thing happened today in 2017 NY YANKEES history?

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    What horrible thing happened today in 2017 NY YANKEES history?

They fired Girardi?

Ignorance is bliss