Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 172 of 277 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 4143
    Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    Watching the big moves happen without us being involved is true to the new Hal Yankee brand. Just good enough. But no magic.
    If the Yanks go without a major move this offseason I am officially No Longer A Fan.
    I've been following this team almost as long as Dr. T, but we've had over ten years of uninspired baseball under Hal and Cash and my heart just ain't in it anymore.
    Hal is an idiot. He inherited billions so people kiss his ***, but the truth is he has no feel for what the New York Yankees are. He's just a trust fund dullard who can't even understand the magic of Yankees Baseball. Everything to him is bottom line. He wants the Yankees to be Oakland Rays. But of course he wants the Oak/Rays payroll with the New York Yankee revenues.
    Fk Hal. Fk Cashman. Fk Idiot Levine. And fk boring Boone.
    This sux.

Your frustration is well understood but there's no way I could ever stop being a fan.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Sweeny Murti
    @YankeesWFAN
    And this is the problem that should be fixed rather than penalizing the teams that spend.

Buster Olney
    @Buster_ESPN
    At the moment, at least three teams are poised to pay their rosters less than what Scherzer will make -- the Pirates, Guardians, Orioles.

Bingo! Gotta be a floor if you impose a ceiling.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Sweeny Murti
    @YankeesWFAN
    And this is the problem that should be fixed rather than penalizing the teams that spend.

Buster Olney
    @Buster_ESPN
    At the moment, at least three teams are poised to pay their rosters less than what Scherzer will make -- the Pirates, Guardians, Orioles.

Bingo! Gotta be a floor if you impose a ceiling.
    Absolutely. It is such BS. The Mets will effectively pay for an entire club to field a team with their tax.

I had another thought about this. What if teams were also rewarded for being under the cap by giving them that money as a roll over for either a contract or specific time.
    ie- Yankees stay 10 mil under the cap for 5 years. They can sign a guy at that puts them over by 8 mil and sign him for 6 years. They would still be considered under that cap because of the "credit.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    THIS!!!

Itís no secret I wanted Seager. I honestly flip flop over paying him that much money. Like you said, most of us ***** about a 10 year deal for Stanton at significantly less money. Most of my frustration isnít with not signing Seager, but thatís the straw that broke the camels back. I think most fans are pissed at how the lineup was constructed last year, pissed that Boone is back this year and this is just the steam blowing the lid off an already boiling pot.

Day, after the flurry of moves, any word from your buddy on what comes next? Curious if you could ask him if FO people hear/pay attention to the noise the fans are making?
    I fully agree. Basically, I can't stand the FO because of philosophy but not because of Seager.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Is 40M+ for three yrs to a soon to be 38 yr old pitcher prudent?

As of Tuesday morning, six of our top 10 free agent signings:

SS Carlos Correa
    SS Corey Seager: 10 years, $325 million with Rangers
    3B/OF Kris Bryant
    IF Marcus Semien: 7 years, $175 million with Rangers
    1B Freddie Freeman
    LHP Robbie Ray: 5 years, $115 million with Mariners
    RHP Max Scherzer: 3 years, $130 million with Mets
    RHP Kevin Gausman: 5 years, $110 million with Blue Jays
    RHP Marcus Stroman
    OF Starling Marte: 4 years, $78 million with Mets
    I have zero interest in Bryant. I like Stroman but he sounded like there was no way he'd play for Cashman (Money talks but not always when it comes to guys who would rather beat the yankees than win with them)
    Freeman would be a nice signing but how long of a deal will he want?
    If they do sign Correa, I expect Olson to be the first baseman

I really like the idea of going out and getting K Marte to play SS till Peraza is ready (if he is). Then he moves to the OF. If they do that I would sell off Dominguez +, to get Reynolds.

I also really think the Yankees have the lefty, power hitting first baseman on the team now. Move Gallo to first. Yes he won GGs in the OF but he's a good first baseman as well and could become very good with consistent time there. Doing that allows for another athletic OF and changes the team in that way.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Absolutely. It is such BS. The Mets will effectively pay for an entire club to field a team with their tax.

I had another thought about this. What if teams were also rewarded for being under the cap by giving them that money as a roll over for either a contract or specific time.
    ie- Yankees stay 10 mil under the cap for 5 years. They can sign a guy at that puts them over by 8 mil and sign him for 6 years. They would still be considered under that cap because of the "credit.
    Good idea. I think the new CBA will address the cap and luxury tax penalties. I have a feeling the MLBPA might feel the resetting of the penalty is enough of an insensitive for ownership. They would oppose anything that lowers or limits payroll. I don't blame them for the position, it's a huge pie and players want and deserve their share.

That said, where does it end? What is sustainable? Will we see $100M per season players? Will ownership interest in the teams be part of contracts moving forward? As interest in BB wanes from young fans will TV deals be as lucrative?

Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    Interesting.

If Hal is not willing to sign athletic, proven, postseason experienced 28-year old shortstops to long-term deals...

...why would anyone think they are going to sign an aging, overlarge, wrong side of 30, right fielder to such a deal?

Judge is likely gone people.

Hal is going to offer him a deal, like Cano, that is just short enough and just cheap enough so the team can blame him for walking away.
    So terrible that they missed out on Cano longterm.

Decisions, decisions. Several Yankees (16) could be tendered contracts today. The ones that loom largest: Sanchez, Voit, Andujar.

I agree with some things here and disagree with some as well.
    First it's not my money,the only thing I spend on for our team is the baseball package because I live out of state and have Directv.

I'm not angry at all about us not spending any money in the FA market. I do find it humorous that some of the posters who are screaming the loudest would be the first to get on Cash for spending money on an old broken down pitcher in case Verlander or Max failed here. Or screaming about two years into Seagers contract that he's not earning his money and George would ship his butt to Scranton.

What I am angry about is letting Stallings and Barnhardt get away. This is an area which we need a significant upgrade and anyone who can't see that hasn't been watching the last few years.

I also don't like trading Wade or Valasquez or Greg Allen and letting Josh Breaux get away. We're being told we need to get more athletic less station to station and these are the guys we let go? I agree Wade and Val and Allen are hardly all stars but if we're going to get more athletic aren't those the types of guys you'd like on your club?

I do not think we're headed in the right direction as an organazation and the moves we've made the last few years support my statement. Yes we signed Cole but that was basically a no brainer. Look at our deadline moves,we traded people for Andrew Heaney?? Gallo? sure Joey hit some HR's and he's a very good outfielder but while they may not have hit as many HR's as Gallo I'm pretty sure we would have gotten as much if not more production from Flo and Allen. Heaney? well nuff said.

I think Cash has been here too long,I also think he knows he has carte blanche from Hal and that he could do no wrong. I think he could sell Hal ocean front property in Arizona. I think by cash being there that long he's grown way too comfortable in his position and I think he thinks he's the smartest man in the room. When he resigned Boone and said "we think Aaron is more the solution than the problem" I wanted to puke. We had a terrific manager in Joe G a smart baseball man and when they let him go I didn't like it at all but thought "you better be right Cashman"

And Boone? he's nothing more than a nanny,remember when Gleyber didn't run out the wild pitch on the third strike? I think it was the last weekend of the season and Boone say's "yeah well Gleyber felt really bad about that?" Holy Crap!!! And i'll tell you what if the mets sign Buck to be their manager I might have an aneurysm.

If they sign Simmons to play short until the kids are ready I'm fine with that,I like a young hungry club. I want no part of correa I think he's a douche and I want to like the people on my club, no they don't all have to be standing on street corners helping old ladies across the street but they don't have to be douche bags either.
    Give me class like Jeter or Mo or Tino

Again not my money but for reasons other than not spending like drunken sailors I don't like our direction

Clint Frazier to the cubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I totally agree but I also can't simply make a blanket statement until the off season is done. There are still some names to be had. If they go into next season as is, which should shock no one, then I will be pissed. Right now, the only guy I would have wanted is seager. They didn't want to pay him. Oh well.
    I hope that they will sign another SS or I hope that Peraza is the guy.

Would you really be upset if they handed the spot to Peraza?
    My anger is more about the last 3-4 years than this offseason. If they give the job to Peraza then it just signals they aren't really making an effort to compete this next two seasons, most likely. If they wait on the prospects then they are looking a future window, one that could coincide with Judge and Stanton leaving their primes.

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Sauron goes on vacation for a few years, comes back and and finds that his old nemesis Ice-Hawk has returned.

And Sauron finds himself in complete and unanimous agreement with Every. Single. Word. in this post.

The world truly is ending.
    Correct on that, Sauron. IceHawk has been bringing the gospel. We're being brainwashed into rooting for the owners to make more profit. To hell with Ruthian home runs, dynasty drama, or WS trophies! It's all about Hal bragging about his margins at the country club.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

Correct on that, Sauron. IceHawk has been bringing the gospel. We're being brainwashed into rooting for the owners to make more profit. To hell with Ruthian home runs, dynasty drama, or WS trophies! It's all about Hal bragging about his margins at the country club.
    Great assessment. "This is the Yankee way. It always has been". They start preaching that now and by the time we're long gone, it will be.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iíve been paying attention. You have been crying for pages..

You would be happy with Seagers deal. I wouldnít..

I donít care about a deal being ďteam friendlyĒ. I donít view these guys as being worth these deals. So develop what you have, and sit and wait for a guy that is worth the massive price tag. Itís that easy.

If youíre such a big fan, you would know that overspending guarantees nothing.
    Fireman, why would you not be happy with Seager's deal? Last I checked you weren't a team owner. It costs you nothing and gives we the fans so much.
    Seager brings MVP caliber left handed power to the SS position. He comes up big in the big games. He would instantly elevate our team. I know you can't deny this.
    But you're worried about the economics. It's the New York Yankees. They could run a 400 million dollar payroll and still turn a hefty profit.
    And, it's good for baseball when the Yankees are on top. The sport is becoming boring as they Yankees have become boring.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

Fireman, why would you not be happy with Seager's deal? Last I checked you weren't a team owner. It costs you nothing and gives we the fans so much.
    Seager brings MVP caliber left handed power to the SS position. He comes up big in the big games. He would instantly elevate our team. I know you can't deny this.
    But you're worried about the economics. It's the New York Yankees. They could run a 400 million dollar payroll and still turn a hefty profit.
    And, it's good for baseball when the Yankees are on top. The sport is becoming boring as they Yankees have become boring.
    Not sure whoís a fireman, or what youíre referring to, but ok. And do you know Iím not a team owner for sure?

Seager brings power? I guess your definition of power and mine differs.

And the ďitís not my money, so why should I careĒ excuse is lame. If youíre even a casual fan of sports, you are aware that what guys cost matters a lot. If you told me that the team would spend 500M, then sure, buy everyone. But thatís obviously not the case, as proven by these exact conversations we are having. So us overspending on guys now may cause us to not be players later, when the right guys come up. And did us overspending year after year in the past guarantee anything? No

The only time we really dominated recently, was when George couldnít do as he pleased, and we built from within. Then used our resources to go get what we needed when it was there. Just because guys are there, and thereís someone out there willing to back up the brinks truck for them, doesnít mean itís smart to do so

I could care less personally. Buying a bunch of mercenaries, and then complaining about them and how overpaid they are later, isnít desirable to me. Because thatís what the majority of you crying about how we didnít buy everyone right now would be doing. Go root for the Rangers, if thatís what makes you happy. They must be a great organization, right?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-30-2021 at 06:55 PM.