Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 166 of 277 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 4143
  1. #2476
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,235
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd rather avoid that third year and the massive AAV. $50MM to $130MM is a very significant difference. Let's also not forget how dominant Verlander had been prior to the major injury. Dude won the Cy Young his last full season.
    I'd just be worried about how a guy who will be 39 to start the season will recover from a major arm surgery. Wouldn't go two years on him.

  2. #2477
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Ray signed with Seattle.
    Thank god we did not sign the reigning CY Young winner at $23MM AAV.

    Back in my day a guy like that would only get like $10 Mil.....hard pass!!!

    #SaveThatCash
    Weíre pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isnít about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The ďHoly TrinityĒ of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

  3. #2478
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    We are already there man.

    This is what Moneyball has evolved into.

    Everyone wants to be Oakland and Tampa.

    All the rumors point to the Yankees sitting out the entire impact free agent market.

    I feel like the Yankees and Mets just freaky Friday'd...Cohen is pulling Boss moves and Hal is looking kinda Wilpony to me.
    Too true. Hal wants to be forced by the Lux Tax into being Tamp/Oak. Then he can throw his hands up and say, "my hands are tied!"
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

  4. #2479
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    19,305
    People really get this mad?

    I mean, do a lot of you actually spend a ton on this? I follow, but I havenít been actively buying merch, or going to games in years. I actually find it more enjoyable to watch the younger, cheaper guys come up. We have done the overspend to win thing, it doesnít usually work either.

    Iíd rather save that for the right moves. And did our division get better?

  5. #2480
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,218

  6. #2481
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    People really get this mad?

    I mean, do a lot of you actually spend a ton on this? I follow, but I havenít been actively buying merch, or going to games in years. I actually find it more enjoyable to watch the younger, cheaper guys come up. We have done the overspend to win thing, it doesnít usually work either.

    Iíd rather save that for the right moves. And did our division get better?
    100%
    I am upset that we let Stallings get away though. Our catching situation is horrible. I can maybe live with Higgy as my backup but no way I want Gary back, itís not even an option as far as Iím concerned


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #2482
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,818
    Watching the big moves happen without us being involved is true to the new Hal Yankee brand. Just good enough. But no magic.
    If the Yanks go without a major move this offseason I am officially No Longer A Fan.
    I've been following this team almost as long as Dr. T, but we've had over ten years of uninspired baseball under Hal and Cash and my heart just ain't in it anymore.
    Hal is an idiot. He inherited billions so people kiss his ***, but the truth is he has no feel for what the New York Yankees are. He's just a trust fund dullard who can't even understand the magic of Yankees Baseball. Everything to him is bottom line. He wants the Yankees to be Oakland Rays. But of course he wants the Oak/Rays payroll with the New York Yankee revenues.
    Fk Hal. Fk Cashman. Fk Idiot Levine. And fk boring Boone.
    This sux.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

  8. #2483
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,454
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    People really get this mad?

    I mean, do a lot of you actually spend a ton on this? I follow, but I havenít been actively buying merch, or going to games in years. I actually find it more enjoyable to watch the younger, cheaper guys come up. We have done the overspend to win thing, it doesnít usually work either.

    Iíd rather save that for the right moves. And did our division get better?
    this is hilarious watching this melt down. I would have loved Seager but 10yrs325m for a guy that is injury prone and likely to move to 3rd is too much.

    The biggest mistakes IMO the Yanks have made so far is not getting either Barnhart or Stallings.

    I would have probably matched the Verlander deal though

  9. #2484
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63,301
    Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    Thank god we did not sign the reigning CY Young winner at $23MM AAV.

    Back in my day a guy like that would only get like $10 Mil.....hard pass!!!

    #SaveThatCash
    Okay, we get it. Deep breaths.

    Not sure how this constitutes as a meaningful reply to the post you quoted here though.

  10. #2485
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    42,737
    Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    Watching the big moves happen without us being involved is true to the new Hal Yankee brand. Just good enough. But no magic.
    If the Yanks go without a major move this offseason I am officially No Longer A Fan.
    I've been following this team almost as long as Dr. T, but we've had over ten years of uninspired baseball under Hal and Cash and my heart just ain't in it anymore.
    Hal is an idiot. He inherited billions so people kiss his ***, but the truth is he has no feel for what the New York Yankees are. He's just a trust fund dullard who can't even understand the magic of Yankees Baseball. Everything to him is bottom line. He wants the Yankees to be Oakland Rays. But of course he wants the Oak/Rays payroll with the New York Yankee revenues.
    Fk Hal. Fk Cashman. Fk Idiot Levine. And fk boring Boone.
    This sux.
    Amen.

    I am ok with moves that aren't jaw dropping but this is concerning.

    I feared we as fans would hear from Cashman, Boone and Hal, "This team got to the playoffs. We didn't feel we needed any major moves. We are confident with these guys. If we found a player we really thought was worth it, we would have been all in but the market was more than we felt was justified. We believe we can win it all with this team"



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #2486
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Okay, we get it. Deep breaths.

    Not sure how this constitutes as a meaningful reply to the post you quoted here though.
    Half of the fans and the media is crowing over how much Cashman is not spending while the distance between the NYY and the ALCS champion is getting bigger.

    Wait until Judge walks.
    Weíre pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isnít about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The ďHoly TrinityĒ of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

  12. #2487
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    42,737
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    this is hilarious watching this melt down. I would have loved Seager but 10yrs325m for a guy that is injury prone and likely to move to 3rd is too much.

    The biggest mistakes IMO the Yanks have made so far is not getting either Barnhart or Stallings.

    I would have probably matched the Verlander deal though
    It's hysterical to see.



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #2488
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    42,737
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    People really get this mad?

    I mean, do a lot of you actually spend a ton on this? I follow, but I havenít been actively buying merch, or going to games in years. I actually find it more enjoyable to watch the younger, cheaper guys come up. We have done the overspend to win thing, it doesnít usually work either.

    Iíd rather save that for the right moves. And did our division get better?

    Nope. The division arguably got worse. I totally agree about the younger crew. I will be absolutely fine with youth on the field.



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #2489
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,312
    So Seager to Rangers for 10/325
    Semien to Rangers to Rangers for 7/175


    Yankees?

    I know

    Too much money


    Save it!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  15. #2490
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,312
    I thought Mad Max didnt like New York?

    Hal couldnít beat Cohen?

    Unreal!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •