Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 161 of 277 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 4143
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    the yanks should have offered verlander 2 years 50 million did the yanks even try with scherzer no the high and mighty yankees have come up so small so far this off season..

Where's your proof they didn't try with Scherzer?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

I'm still trying to understand why we would want Correa when the Astros aren't even trying to keep him. At least with Seager the Dodger have prioritized him over Scherzer and Kershaw.

Why is it the team that knows Correa the best and are loaded financially not making an effort to keep him. If they team that knows him the best only think he's worth about half of what he is asking, what does that say about that player? Outside of the yr we know he was cheating, he hasn't had an elite offensive yr and has actually posted numbers league avg or lower in 2 of his 7yrs

I'm still trying to understand why we wanted Babe Ruth. The Red Sox didn't want him.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I'm still trying to understand why we wanted Babe Ruth. The Red Sox didn't want him.
    He was only a product of YS. He wouldn't have been that good with another team. He's no Carlos Correa.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Now the Yankees are reportedly not front runners for Seager. Dodgers and Rangers.

I will give the FO a ton of credit if they do nothing at SS and get Peraza on the team fast. That's the only way I will give credit for not doing anything.

I hoped for Seager but figured more that they would grab Story for a short term deal.

I would love to see Peraza but I would love some insurance as well

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He was only a product of YS. He wouldn't have been that good with another team. He's no Carlos Correa.
    Very true. Red Sox were smart to dump him. Still don't know what the Yankees saw in him. A non athletic overweight hot dog lover.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Simmons is the perfect free agent that the Yanks typically love. A guy who they have had interest in for years who was once really good but now is a shell of their former self. Makes too much sense. Expect Simmons at some point.

Cohen out there offering Max 3 years at $43MM.

There is an owner actually looking to improve his team.

Yahoo reports Mad Max to the Mets 3 years 130

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Where's your proof they didn't try with Scherzer?
    their are no secrets about players in baseball either from the player or their agents the yanks up to now have decided they will pass on the big free agency this year and hope that the players will perform better next year ho hum..

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The scary part of it all? Does Hal really believe you don't need to spend in excess of $200M to be successful!
    he voted to lower the luxury tax threshold from 210 to 180.. what would that tell you..

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Yahoo reports Mad Max to the Mets 3 years 130

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    congrats to the mets for having a owner who is hungry for a winner..

ruth was a giant at his time 6f2 215 pounds when the yankees trader for him.. he also hit some of the longest home runs in baseball history

hal steinbrenner= fred wilpon=steve cohen= george streinbrenner..

Quite few reports suggesting Seager will sign today and the Yankees are the most likely landing spot

https://www.mlb.com/news/corey-seage...power-rankings

Take it for what it's worth but a ton of reports suggesting today is going to be insane. Which could easily mean, nothing happens

I have to confess, it would be funny if they did nothing. I think you could hear the collective "pop" of Yankees fans' heads explode around the world
    signing seager would be huge mistake for the yankees he is not superstar material...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    he voted to lower the luxury tax threshold from 210 to 180.. what would that tell you..
    He's not alone, many owners did the same. They are a bunch of greedy, profit driven fat cats. I expect them to argue against anything that reduces their bottom line. Imo you should reserve your wrath for the so called small market owners who year after year pocket their MLB subsidy and do nothing to improve the product on the field. (The Loria clones) For all his flaws Hal has spent for many years and consistently puts a competitive product on the field. He may not spend like you or I would prefer, but he does spend. Until recently, Yankees were the perennial payroll leaders, usually by a very wide margin.
    Last edited by drt1010; 11-29-2021 at 01:59 PM.