Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 155 of 277 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 4143
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Just got a message from my buddy that works for the Yanks. He said they are still very much in on certain high end guys and have multiple big offers out. He said they would like to lock up at least 1 possibly 2 players before the deadline for the lockout but a big name SS was unlikely to get done in the next couple days

He said everybody on the trade market they have been interested in, the asking price has been sky high and we wouldn't likely see big names moved until after the new CBA is decided. I asked about Olsen and he said the asking price was 5 of our top 15 including 2 of our top 5 and they wanted us to take Andrus contract back in any deal. He said if there was a deal there he would expect it would include 1 of their pitchers but they are also interested in trading their C Sean Murphy. Because of the asking price and how many pieces would be exchanged, he said he would be very surprised if anything with Olsen got done soon.

He said they are very much still in on the top SS, but they don't believe any player available is going to be worth the 10yr 300m plus it would take to sign them at this point before the deadline. He said half the org wants to get a stop gap till Peraza is ready, others want to sign one of the big names. It's more about the yrs than the money, they would be willing to go with a higher AAV on a shorter term. He specifically mentioned Story in that situation. He and DJ are very close and DJ is trying to get him in NY. Sounds like if he would take a 1yr deal with an option and incentives, that would be their 1st choice.

They are very, very high on Peraza and believe he will be MLB ready on both sides very early next yr. He also said at this point Volpe was the only untouchable. That said, he said they wouldn't overpay just to make a move unless it was for a very, very special player. He didn't come right out and say it but from the hints i got it felt like he was talking about Reynolds or possibly KMarte. If they can get a guy now who is what they hope their top spec at the position would be if they turned out that would be a move they would seriously consider. I didn't sound like for the right guy that they wouldn't move Dominguez or Peraza

They are watching Hicks very closely in winter ball, what they do in CF will have alot to do with how he looks down there and if he stays healthy

They are very serious about upgrading a C, the problem being with as badly as C is around the league the asking price for a clear upgrade is astronomical at this point. They have 4-5 guys they really like but it comes down to price and best use of assets. They would rather upgrade at a position where they could clearly get an upgrade like CF or 1st base instead of using those same assets to get a marginal upgrade a C.

They are absolutely in on the starting pitching market, but they again would prefer a shorter deal with a higher AAV than a big long term deal for a guy with a questionable performance history. I took that to mean that they probably wouldn't be in on guys like Ray or Gausman. They have had talks with Tanaka and that remains a strong possibility. Max would be ther 1st choice and he said a Bauer type deal would be what it would take Something in the 3yr 120m range would be what it would take to get him interested in NY.

1 shocking thing he said if they may explore a Sonny Gray trade again. The asking price for Castillio is the moon and then some but they are interested in moving Gray. He said that with Blake as the pitching coach, they feel like Gray would be much better this time. They are also looking to bring in at least 1 more pitching coach because not everyone is accepting to Blake analytics heavy approach and would benefit from working with someone more results driven than data driven.

They really like 3-4 of our pitching specs and believe a couple of them will play big roles in some form next yr but he also said they wouldn't hesitate to move any of them if it meant getting a big time upgrade

Buxton for the right price is something he said they would strongly consider but they wouldn't surrender any of their very top guys for him

They are very willing to spend and trade top specs but he didn't feel that they would go over their evaluation numbers for players just to get something done to appease the fan base

He said they like what they have and what they have coming in the BP and doesn't see them spending big money on a reliever unless they could get either or both Chap and Brit off the books. He said the days of spending 15m plus a yr on a reliever were probably over.

He seemed very confident that we would see at least a couple big moves but wasn't certain where those moves would be. Things would have to lineup perfectly to get the 5-6 upgrades done they would like to.

I asked about the 40 man situation. They didn't protect Breaux because they are pretty confident that he's not ready enough to stay on a teams 26 man roster all yr. Gittens and Andujar were kept because of the likely hood of the NL DH and they would have value to those teams. They would have liked to have brought Wade back but he wasn't interested in a MILB deal. They don't think Frazier is ever going to be the player he was because of neurological issues. He apparently has days where his vision is just fine and the next day he has trouble with his depth perception, hard to hit a baseball or field one if you can't accurately judge where it's going to be.

They are very intent on keeping Judge but the are aways apart in yrs, sounds like they are close on a AAV though. Depending how the CBA shapes up he might be there top priority when they get back to business.

He said alot of agents are worried that the LT might go down and thats why we've seen alot of action on the FA market. Some players and agents, especially the mid level guys are worried if they wait and the LT actually goes down their offers would dry up. Most of the big names feel like they are going to get paid no matter what, so they are willing to wait.

Take it for whatever it's worth
    Great info. Thanks.

A's potential trade sounds workable, but difficult in terms of 2 of top 3 prospects. Substituting Sweeney for Peraza would work for me and I'd want to keep LHP Waldichuck and Wesneski. Other provisions acceptable. The deal would satisfy our needs at 1B, C, stop gap SS (maybe) and SP on a short-term deal. Olson is a player we covet. Sean Murphy won the Gold Glove and hit 17 HR in 119 games with 112 at C and has 4 yrs control. His .216 batting avg this year is a concern and the A's were expecting better, so they are willing to trade him.Elvis Andrus contract doesn't scare me. He has one more year at $14 million and the Rangers are kicking in 6.75 million of it, so I assume that comes along. There is a $15 million vesting option for 550 at bats this year, which I think we can work around, especially if Peraza comes up mid year.Then we also get a starting pitcher. Manaea making 10.2 million or Montas at 5.2 million.

I like Tanaka. Sonny Gray's contract is doable, but can he pitch in NY this time or is this Vasquez 2.0? Max would cost a lot of money, but he could put us over the top. I agree about the strategy on the top pitching prospect and on getting Chap and Brit off the books.

Understand the Andujar and Gittens strategy. Perhaps Andujar is a piece to move in the above mentioned Sonny Gray deal, so the Reds can shed salary. Agree on Frazier and Breaux is risky, but understandable.

Judge, of course, is a player that I'd sign immediately.

Hicks is a wait and see. Obviously, it would be a big plus, if he plays well in winter ball, but it wouldn't stop me from trading for Reynolds or Marte.

Corey Kluber to the Rays 8 million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Great info. Thanks.

A's potential trade sounds workable, but difficult in terms of 2 of top 3 prospects. Substituting Sweeney for Peraza would work for me and I'd want to keep LHP Waldichuck and Wesneski. Other provisions acceptable. The deal would satisfy our needs at 1B, C, stop gap SS (maybe) and SP on a short-term deal. Olson is a player we covet. Sean Murphy won the Gold Glove and hit 17 HR in 119 games with 112 at C and has 4 yrs control. His .216 batting avg this year is a concern and the A's were expecting better, so they are willing to trade him.Elvis Andrus contract doesn't scare me. He has one more year at $14 million and the Rangers are kicking in 6.75 million of it, so I assume that comes along. There is a $15 million vesting option for 550 at bats this year, which I think we can work around, especially if Peraza comes up mid year.Then we also get a starting pitcher. Manaea making 10.2 million or Montas at 5.2 million.

I like Tanaka. Sonny Gray's contract is doable, but can he pitch in NY this time or is this Vasquez 2.0? Max would cost a lot of money, but he could put us over the top. I agree about the strategy on the top pitching prospect and on getting Chap and Brit off the books.

Understand the Andujar and Gittens strategy. Perhaps Andujar is a piece to move in the above mentioned Sonny Gray deal, so the Reds can shed salary. Agree on Frazier and Breaux is risky, but understandable.

Hicks is a wait and see. Obviously, it would be a big plus, if he plays well in winter ball, but it wouldn't stop me from trading for Reynolds or Marte.
    tanaka magic in the post season ended his last post season and he is a few years older now .. so no.. scherzer does not want to come to ny so no ....gray are you kidding me?

hicks is ellsbury 2.0 a waste of money why would the pirates trade a very good cheap in terms of salary player i don t see it..

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post

That's some good news.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That's some good news.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That's some good news.
    stop worrying about other teams worry about what the yanks are doing..which up to now has been nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    stop worrying about other teams worry about what the yanks are doing..which up to now has been nothing...
    Sorry mom. Won’t happen again

Buxton and the Twins have agreed to a 7yr100m extension. Kinda glad that he isn't an option for Cash anymore.

All the big time analyst are predicting a ton of activity in the next couple days. Both Scherzer and Guasman are expected to sign.

Oakland is being very, very deliberate in any of their moves according to Rosethall and Passan. They are trying to lower their payroll in the 40m range so they are looking to move everyone who's making any kind of money. They have pretty much everything we need, maybe a 1 stop shopping for us? Olsen is the prize but they have a lot of pieces that would be upgrades for us.

Would a massive deal for Olsen, Murphy, 1 of their pitchers with us taking the Andrus make sense ? it wouldn't be cheap but it could make alot of sense

It doesn't seem the Yanks are interested in the names that have or are close to coming off the board.

@JonHeyman
    ·
    31m
    Semien has deal with Rangers. Semien Rangers deal is believed to be for about $175M over the 7 years

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Buxton and the Twins have agreed to a 7yr100m extension. Kinda glad that he isn't an option for Cash anymore.
    all these deals shows you the yanks penny pitching will not work time to open up the wallet hal..

all the big stars i bet will sign before dec 1 time is running out

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Great info. Thanks.

I agree about a big trade with the A's, starting to make alot of sense. Olsen is the prize, Murphy is an upgrade behind the plate, 1 of their pitchers would upgrade the rotation and Andrus wouldn't be the worst stop gap till Peraza is ready.

They need a CFer since Marte is gone, Flo could be interesting for them and they would have time to give him to play through some of the growing pains. They might prefer Periera or Dominguez because of the upside. I would expect Wells to be part of the deal. Cabrera could be a big piece also. I think Gil would have to go also, Schmidt and Garcia might interest them.

I agree about keeping Waldi and Wesneski, i would like to see them keep Medina also.

I have no idea what the actually package would be but it would hurt, alot.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    @JonHeyman
    ·
    31m
    Semien has deal with Rangers. Semien Rangers deal is believed to be for about $175M over the 7 years
    good news for u, something else to whine about

Semien, especially at those terms wasn't a fit for us anyway.

If he got 7yrs no way Correa or Seager settle for anything short of 10

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post

He will be a huge pickup for the Rays…they can always shine a turds. Kluber is not a turd but you know what I mean.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night