Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 153 of 277 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 4143
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Well, a few days ago MLB and the MLB Players Union moved up the basic agreement ending date to November 30th. So, teams only have until Monday to make a splash before there is a freeze on all transactions. Why was it done? Does the extra day give the owners. a better chance to save the baseball meetings scheduled for December 11th. Elsewise, will this cause a panic and a wealth of transactions this weekend with physicals on Monday or will teams run out of time quicker and not do them. More importantly, will the Yankees sign anyone at all? Is their a weekend Ninja move out there to be made?
    Hal will do nothing until there is an agreement. If the old man was still here he would have had his 2022 roster already in his hands to criticize Cashman for getting this player and getting that player.

Hal, he is just a different cat. No biggie, just have to wait. After the failures of this team since 2009 Iím looking forward to a break anyway. I used to get pumped up during the offseason waiting to see how the 40 man roster is formed. Now I donít care as much.

I donít even get emotional with bad Oct anymore. After the Dynasty run of the 90s the seasons 2002-2008 were tough to endure, mainly Oct. After seeing the Core 4 getting their last Title together in 2009 all the energy I had for the Yankees game in game out just kind of had less importance.

The seasons 2010-2021 have been brutal. Sure, there have been playoffs and a couple of close encounters of getting to another WS but this particular team since 2010 has been just ordinary.

I think 1996-2001 spoiled me. But during those seasons I took every loss hard, even regular season losses. It took half of the next day to get over a loss from the day before.

And then came 2004. When the collapse happened I was in a state of shock for days. And u til this day I have not seen the final play of Game 7. I turned the TV off before it happened.

And since that day the Yankees have been garbage in Oct. of course I was happy for 2009 but that never went into other Oct afterwards. Basically the 2009 win washed away the 2004 collapse.

Some people will look at 2010-2021 with the glass half full. I look at results, mainly Oct results. Aside for one Oct in 2017 this team has been a failure in Oct. I get tired of the crapshoot excuses. Again, I think 1996-2001 spoiled me. That time period of being a Yankee fan was no doubt the best I have had in my life.

I was spoiled early with 1976-1981 as those teams were so fun to watch. Those team probably should have had 4 championships as well like the 96-01 teams. 1980 was a great team, it was the Royals time after all of the heartbreak that the Yankees had done to them from 76-78. And the 81 WS was another brutal loss. They were up 2-0 and then lose 4 straight.

Then from 1982-1993 I was always waiting for Oct baseball that never came. The 94 strike was terrible. That team was going places.

The 95 team had that special Aug/Sept run to sneak in the WC. But then that 95 game 5 loss was so brutal to watch. All of the wins in that series was a emotional high. And every loss was a crushing blow to your emotional. Buck should have lived or died with Wetteland in Game 5 instead of Black Jack trying to close it out. Then came Torre in 96 and the emotions were super high for 6 straight seasons.

Now? I donít have anything with regards to emotions with these Yankees. If they lockout for 8 months I wouldnít care.

And I canít root for the Rays. They just turn their roster over every 3/4 years. It is hard to follow.

Anyway, that is how I feel about this teamÖ.Maybe it is because George is not around anymore. Hal just doesnít do it for me. George brought excitement, good or badÖI think that is what it isÖ.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-26-2021 at 06:59 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Well, a few days ago MLB and the MLB Players Union moved up the basic agreement ending date to November 30th. So, teams only have until Monday to make a splash before there is a freeze on all transactions. Why was it done? Does the extra day give the owners. a better chance to save the baseball meetings scheduled for December 11th. Elsewise, will this cause a panic and a wealth of transactions this weekend with physicals on Monday or will teams run out of time quicker and not do them. More importantly, will the Yankees sign anyone at all? Is their a weekend Ninja move out there to be made?
    at first i was hopeful for the yankees this off season now after reading many articles their does not seem to be anything to be hopeful for.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Babe Ruth is our new utility guy. WOW!!!!

The New York Mets rounded out their first big day this offseason by reaching an agreement with center fielder Starling Marte on a four-year, $78 million contract, sources confirmed to ESPN's Jeff Passan.

Marte, 33, began last season with the Miami Marlins before a trade in July sent him to Oakland. He was excellent for both clubs, sporting career-best numbers in 2021. Marte slashed .310/.383/.458 with a .841 OPS while maintaining the strong defense in center that has earned him two Gold Glove awards.

what are you doing cashman?

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Wander 12 years $185 million. Little over $15 million a year for luxury tax purposes. What a bargain, even if he turns out to be a semi all star thatís a steal
    They're taking an enormous risk. They're basically paying him for years 7-12, assuming he reaches his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Wrong again, committing 2yrs and 50m to a 38yr pitcher coming off TJS would have been the bad move. 1yr is a gamble you take, but 2yrs at that price the Yanks did the right thing by not budging on that offer

While what you're saying makes sense, nearly every instinct the FO has had within the last few years regarding signings and trades for pitchers has been either a mistake or an outright disaster. This includes but not limited to passing up on Verlander the first time, passing on Gerrit Cole, passing on Lance Lynn twice, passing on Robbie Ray, and Charlie Morton. Then there was the signing of Corey Kluber for 11 million, giving up what may end being their best pitching prospect for Jameson Tallion and signing Britton to 2 years 27 million dollars. Cashman has had a long and storied history of misevaluating pitching talent, but last season all he had to do was sign any of the pitchers I mentioned to small one year contracts and he instead brought back gardner, signed a broken Kluber and unnecessarily traded for Tallion and gave Britton an enormous guaranteed contract at the time. I'm not sure i'd trust anything they do at this point with regards to the pitching situation. If they passed on Verlander and Houston thought enough of him to give him a 2 year contract then it's almost assuredly means the yankees made another mistake passing on him again.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    The New York Mets rounded out their first big day this offseason by reaching an agreement with center fielder Starling Marte on a four-year, $78 million contract, sources confirmed to ESPN's Jeff Passan.

Marte, 33, began last season with the Miami Marlins before a trade in July sent him to Oakland. He was excellent for both clubs, sporting career-best numbers in 2021. Marte slashed .310/.383/.458 with a .841 OPS while maintaining the strong defense in center that has earned him two Gold Glove awards.

what are you doing cashman?
    4 years for a 33yr old? Last 2 years will be ugly.

Mets owner is desperate for anything.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    They're taking an enormous risk. They're basically paying him for years 7-12, assuming he reaches his potential.

While what you're saying makes sense, nearly every instinct the FO has had within the last few years regarding signings and trades for pitchers has been either a mistake or an outright disaster. This includes but not limited to passing up on Verlander the first time, passing on Gerrit Cole, passing on Lance Lynn twice, passing on Robbie Ray, and Charlie Morton. Then there was the signing of Corey Kluber for 11 million, giving up what may end being their best pitching prospect for Jameson Tallion and signing Britton to 2 years 27 million dollars. Cashman has had a long and storied history of misevaluating pitching talent, but last season all he had to do was sign any of the pitchers I mentioned to small one year contracts and he instead brought back gardner, signed a broken Kluber and unnecessarily traded for Tallion and gave Britton an enormous guaranteed contract at the time. I'm not sure i'd trust anything they do at this point with regards to the pitching situation. If they passed on Verlander and Houston thought enough of him to give him a 2 year contract then it's almost assuredly
    means the yankees made another mistake passing on him again.

Cashman will not address pitching. In his eyes he already has 7 starters. Cole, Sevy, Taillon, Monty, German, Gil, Schmidt. Whoever is healthy on Opening Day will be the starting 5 from that group.

He will get a new catcher for sure, a stop gap SS for 2 years, resign Rizzo and that is about it as every position is covered.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-27-2021 at 07:37 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post

While what you're saying makes sense, nearly every instinct the FO has had within the last few years regarding signings and trades for pitchers has been either a mistake or an outright disaster. This includes but not limited to passing up on Verlander the first time, passing on Gerrit Cole, passing on Lance Lynn twice, passing on Robbie Ray, and Charlie Morton. Then there was the signing of Corey Kluber for 11 million, giving up what may end being their best pitching prospect for Jameson Tallion and signing Britton to 2 years 27 million dollars. Cashman has had a long and storied history of misevaluating pitching talent, but last season all he had to do was sign any of the pitchers I mentioned to small one year contracts and he instead brought back gardner, signed a broken Kluber and unnecessarily traded for Tallion and gave Britton an enormous guaranteed contract at the time. I'm not sure i'd trust anything they do at this point with regards to the pitching situation. If they passed on Verlander and Houston thought enough of him to give him a 2 year contract then it's almost assuredly means the yankees made another mistake passing on him again.
    This

All of it

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    This

All of it
    well maybe not all of it

well maybe not all of it
    Which part?

The only one Iíd maybe question is Verlander. Although I wonít be surprised we see him pitch great

Iíd also add not bringing Tanaka back
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-27-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    4 years for a 33yr old? Last 2 years will be ugly.

Mets owner is desperate for anything.
    he just turned 33 in october so that is a risk yet many fans here want to resign a 32 year old washed up rizzo for many years and that is not a risk?

Nothing to get excited about with this off-season.

Iíll see you all after the Super Bowl when pitchers and catchers report in FebÖ.

I have the Bucs, my new PS5, my new gaming laptop keeping me occupied during the winter..

Have a nice holiday to all as well!

See you all in 3 months!
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Nothing to get excited about with this off-season.

Iíll see you all after the Super Bowl when pitchers and catchers report in FebÖ.

I have the Bucs, my new PS5, my new gaming laptop keeping me occupied during the winter..

Have a nice holiday to all as well!

See you all in 3 months!
    i agree the rich yankees have decided to go shopping at the dollar store..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i agree the rich yankees have decided to go shopping at the dollar store..
    Too soon to say. There are still some extremely high profile and talented free agents on the market. So far what we fan say for sure is they missed out on a couple of good free agents. There's a lot left out there, including the top of the market. I'll be the first to criticize if when the dust settles they have still done nothing. The dust is still far from settled though.