Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 120 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 4143
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Marte just turned 33. But he bats RHed. But he plays elite defense and can steal bases. But as you get closer to age 35 your stolen base chances will dwindle. He also has energy within the clubhouse. With Florial basically done as the future Id take my chances on Marte for a few years.
    Damaso Marte is 46, not 33.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    You are arguing about two different Martez. 26 yr old Brian Reynolds is being compared with 28 year old Ketel Marte as potential trade candidates for which to use our prospects. Acquiring 33 year old Starling Marte as a free agent requires no prospect loss.

OH. Glad that got cleared up. LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I know it sound contradictory and it may be but no. I don't apply the same logic to that spot. Mostly because in the short term, Peraza is on the way up and Dominguez took a hit. A once "can't miss" prospect, gained weigh, slowed down and take poor routes.
    I think Peraza is ready glove wise and Dominguez is nowhere near ready.

Now if you meant would I send Peraza for Reynolds? Yes. But I would hope if they did that, they got one of the top two SS in FA.

Reynolds and Seager would change the lineup in a very dramatic fashion. Keep Rizzo and the lineup has a great balance.

Reynolds CF
    Judge RF
    Seager SS
    Stanton DH
    Rizzo 1b
    DJ 3b
    Sanchez C
    Gallo LF
    Torres 2B

Hicks is the rotating 4th OF
    That my good Doctor is a very circular lineup!

When I look at it on paper, it is actually realistic idea. 2 FAs and a big trade.
    rizzo is a diminished player yet you want to resign him for what 20 million a year for 3 or 4 years?

who knows what dj we have next year batting sanchez and gallo back to back eww

Quote Originally Posted by yanksguy View Post
    sorry... Marte is 33.

ummm....never mind.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

I am in the minority regarding Peraza. I would not tell him such but I would plan on him being the starting SS next year and the job would be his to lose. I have no problem if he struggles at the plate. If he can get bat to ball in ST, I put him in the lineup
    I feel the same way, i know shocking.

Doc, i get Peraza hasn't played much at AAA, but we know the big test offensively is AA. Peraza hit .297, with 18 hrs, i believe 30 plus doubles as a 21yr old last yr across 3 levels, mostly AA. Saying his bat is a little behind his defense is in no way a knock on his bat, it's because he's that good defensively. He was ranked as our best INF defensive player, best arm, best range and fastest player in the system.

I would have no issue if they chose to go with Peraza but it doesn't fit there urgency to win. I do think they probably end up moving Peraza plus for a Reynolds, K Marte, Olsen type trade. Just my guess is they sign a SS. Realistically IMO there are 3 options for 1st next yr, Olsen, Rizzo, DJ, I don't think there is a chance Freeman leaves ATL. If they go with Rizzo or DJ, I think they make a big trade for CF

I am in the minority regarding Peraza. I would not tell him such but I would plan on him being the starting SS next year and the job would be his to lose. I have no problem if he struggles at the plate. If he can get bat to ball in ST, I put him in the lineup
    I don't know, I have a feeling that may be a majority view. Maybe more hope and overt optimism, but seems many pull for the rook and underdog. Me, I love home grown talent. I will always pull for them to get a shot at sticking. I also want and expect them to put the best available players on the field! Yankees are not a small market team. No need to act like one. When a cadre of elite SS, in their prime, are available for only money, imo it would be foolish for the Yankees not to take the plunge.

I saw a twitter blurb from one of the NY beat guys, according to him Yankees may have a payroll approaching $290M. Hal is willing to spend, "within limits."

Judge has to be paid, $80M +- in arb raises, it will add up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Where does DJ play? Peraza at SS, Torres at 2b, Olsen or Rizzo at 1b.
    DJ should be looked at as a utility player going forward.

Utility. 2 times a week at first, 2-3 at third and second and DH. They could work it out.
    Yes, and most likely someone is hurt where he is playing every day anyways.

I'd like to see them swing a blockbuster for Reynolds and Stallings. Both players are cheap salary wise. Then splurge on one of the SS or Olson for 1B.

In any scenario, I'd also move Gallo. If they got Olson and Reynolds for the lineup then a guy like Simmons at SS makes a lot more sense as a stop gap. I'd have to do some more research to determine who would replace Gallo in the field but I also would put Stanton in the field a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Yes, and most likely someone is hurt where he is playing every day anyways.
    or DJ at 3B and Gio is the backup or traded.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I don't know, I have a feeling that may be a majority view. Maybe more hope and overt optimism, but seems many pull for the rook and underdog. Me, I love home grown talent. I will always pull for them to get a shot at sticking. I also want and expect them to put the best available players on the field! Yankees are not a small market team. No need to act like one. When a cadre of elite SS, in their prime, are available for only money, imo it would be foolish for the Yankees not to take the plunge.

I saw a twitter blurb from one of the NY beat guys, according to him Yankees may have a payroll approaching $290M. Hal is willing to spend, "within limits."

Judge has to be paid, $80M +- in arb raises, it will add up quickly.
    I'm up for this. I would like Perraza to be given a chance at SS, even if we sign Seager and move him to 3B mid season or next season. I would not sign Correa.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    or DJ at 3B and Gio is the backup or traded.
    Also the chance they could just roll with Gio at SS for a year.

290m is spending within limits? I will be absolutely blown away if it comes with 40m of that number unless the LT threshold is raised an absolute ton or its done away with all together

Eagles, I feel the same way. I'd much rather see them sign Seager and eventually move him to 3rd when Peraza is ready

If Judge is OK with Correa I guess that would be the biggest issue.

That said I don't think any FA this yr is worth a 10yr plus, 300m plus contract. I just don't think either are worth that kinda money and yrs.

I don't think there would be a chance over the next 3-4 yrs either Correa or Seager are going to be 100m plus better than Peraza would be over the same time period. Especially with the injury concerns that come with both

Our best and deepest positions on the farm is SS and help there is close. Where at 1st, CF and C legit replacement in the system are much farther away.

It's hockey season so I will admit I did not watch 5 innings of post season play after our wild card game,however if there are a few things that I've always believed and were reinforced this post season here they are.

1. It is so hard to win the World Series. You look at the Dodgers,they had a very good pitching staff and what do they do this off season? They sign arguably the best FA pitcher on the market in Bauer. Then they trade for arguably the best available arm in Scherzer late summer,and they already had Kershaw. Now we all know pitching wins and this is almost an embarassment of riches but what happens? Bauer gets suspended,Kershaw gets hurt and Scherzer winds up with a tired arm. How much was their payroll? And what has been their payroll for the last eight plus years? How many World Series have they won for all the money they've spent? I'm not blaming them because stuff happens no matter how much you might think you've got it covered.But there are no guarantees.

2. You need to build and promote from within. The Asstros lost Verlander,Cole and Springer,and not only have they hardly skipped a beat they went to the world series again this year. Can you imagine if we had lost players of that magnitude( and I mean lost not injured) where we would have been ???
    How much was the braves payroll? I'm seeing 173,now I don't know that is dead on but I also think the only FA they spent money on was Charlie Morton for 15 Mill. And they won the WS

There is NO WAY I'm spending 30 million $'s on a shortstop when that is probably the position that we have the most depth in the minors. I never would have let Velazquez get away,but even without him I go with either Gio or Wade or maybe one of the SS's who won't cost 30 for 10 years until Perraza is ready.
    It's not my money and it doesn't affect my pocketbook at all but this I know. IF and I do mean IF a player becomes available who is making a lot of money but we can't fit that player in because we spent on a position that wasn't really needed,now we're screwed. Yes I know we need a shortstop but can we be patient?
    If the position was catcher and the players available were young smart ball players you'd have my ear because my hope would be 5 years behind the plate then 5 at DH. I've heard varying reports on Wells,but i've heard nothing but terrific things about Perazza and Volpe.
    I also think we really need to look at character guys. The best part of this year for me was when we brought up Flo and Allen,(although the sweep at fenway wasn't bad either). I like a young hungry athletic club. I think signing an outsider to a 30 Mill for 10 years at a position where we have depth is a mistake.

I'm very intrigued by the Stallings rumors. Because if I ever see Sanchez in PINSTRIPES again I might barf. I think he's lazy I think he has huge holes in his swing and I don't think he's a good catcher, I have other words for him but I don't want to get kicked off the forum. Do I think he could be a better ball player with a mgr who would push him to be the best he can be? Yes I do,but Cash just resigned a milk nurse to mange for the next 3 years so that tough love stuff isn't happening.

I'm a little bothered by the things I'm hearing about the Martian. He's bulking up and he has slowed down? Despite all the great things I've heard about him might this be a good time to look into seeing what the market is? What is this guys makeup? I know he's very young but is he a character guy?