Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 119 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3317
  1. #1771
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17,851
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Pretty simple.

    Look at every single number prior to the crackdown and then look at the numbers after. And not composite numbers. Go back to zero and see how it compares. It is quite drastic. And you canít just use the injury as an excuse.

    But with MLB having something legally in the works to help the pitchers with their grip I fully expect the old Cole to return in 2022.
    How about the game against the Astros, which was after that. Where he threw a 12K shutout?

    His ERA at June 21st- 2.33. His ERA before the hamstring- 2.78. Keep ignoring the fact he was pretty much leading the AL in every key pitching category.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-12-2021 at 07:05 AM.

  2. #1772
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,658
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Where does DJ play? Peraza at SS, Torres at 2b, Olsen or Rizzo at 1b.
    Utility. 2 times a week at first, 2-3 at third and second and DH. They could work it out.



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #1773
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,658
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I have to imagine that any trade offer for him would absolutely start with Dominguez.

    To be honest, you hope Dominguez becomes what this guy is. If any of the reports are true, Dominguez is very very hit or miss.

    As tough as it is, I would want the sure thing over the unknown. A top 10 position player would sure be something you'd consider trading him for.

    Him being under control for 4 years is definitely someone I would think he could be available for.

    But, I don't think the Yankees do it.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I would be fine if they moved Dominguez for him. Like you said, they hope Dominguez becomes as good as him. He's till 2-3 years away and also as you said, he is hit or miss. The ceiling is absurdly high but the floor is a cavern in the earth.

    Reynolds is the type of guy, they cold trade anyone for and I would not think it foolish.
    He's a 27 year old, switch hitting all star caliber CF with 4 years of control. That's a unicorn and a very legit building block.

    I also agree about the chances of it happening. I highly doubt the Yankees do it.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 11-12-2021 at 08:07 AM.



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #1774
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,308
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Marte just turned 33. But he bats RHed. But he plays elite defense and can steal bases. But as you get closer to age 35 your stolen base chances will dwindle. He also has energy within the clubhouse. With Florial basically done as the future Iíd take my chances on Marte for a few years.
    You are arguing about two different Martez. 26 yr old Brian Reynolds is being compared with 28 year old Ketel Marte as potential trade candidates for which to use our prospects. Acquiring 33 year old Starling Marte as a free agent requires no prospect loss.

  5. #1775
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,308
    Hope we do something soon, before they close down baseball transactions for 2 months. Don't waste the opportunity.

  6. #1776
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,463
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Going with the injury excuse?

    Cole said he was 100% when he came back. Until you show me that he was 80% Iíll trust Coleís word.
    Ah yes, an athlete never hides injuries. Never!

    Did you believe Jeter when he said he wasn't injured even when he was?

    Also, you really should actually read entire posts/discussions you're responding to.

    K Marte from the Diamondbacks is 28, that's who was being discussed. Not Sterling Marte.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  7. #1777
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I would be fine if they moved Dominguez for him. Like you said, they hope Dominguez becomes as good as him. He's till 2-3 years away and also as you said, he is hit or miss. The ceiling is absurdly high but the floor is a cavern in the earth.

    Reynolds is the type of guy, they cold trade anyone for and I would not think it foolish.
    He's a 27 year old, switch hitting all star caliber CF with 4 years of control. That's a unicorn and a very legit building block.

    I also agree about the chances of it happening. I highly doubt the Yankees do it.
    Does the same logic apply to SS?

  8. #1778
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,146
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Hope we do something soon, before they close down baseball transactions for 2 months. Don't waste the opportunity.
    I second that emotion.

  9. #1779
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,009
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Ah yes, an athlete never hides injuries. Never!

    Did you believe Jeter when he said he wasn't injured even when he was?

    Also, you really should actually read entire posts/discussions you're responding to.

    K Marte from the Diamondbacks is 28, that's who was being discussed. Not Sterling Marte.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    The 28yr old Marte costs specs. The 33 Marte only costs money.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  10. #1780
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,658
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Does the same logic apply to SS?
    I know it sound contradictory and it may be but no. I don't apply the same logic to that spot. Mostly because in the short term, Peraza is on the way up and Dominguez took a hit. A once "can't miss" prospect, gained weigh, slowed down and take poor routes.
    I think Peraza is ready glove wise and Dominguez is nowhere near ready.

    Now if you meant would I send Peraza for Reynolds? Yes. But I would hope if they did that, they got one of the top two SS in FA.

    Reynolds and Seager would change the lineup in a very dramatic fashion. Keep Rizzo and the lineup has a great balance.

    Reynolds CF
    Judge RF
    Seager SS
    Stanton DH
    Rizzo 1b
    DJ 3b
    Sanchez C
    Gallo LF
    Torres 2B


    Hicks is the rotating 4th OF
    That my good Doctor is a very circular lineup!

    When I look at it on paper, it is actually realistic idea. 2 FAs and a big trade.



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #1781
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,658
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Hope we do something soon, before they close down baseball transactions for 2 months. Don't waste the opportunity.
    Yep. I am chomping at the bit here. I hope they get something done.



    Ignorance is bliss

  12. #1782
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I know it sound contradictory and it may be but no. I don't apply the same logic to that spot. Mostly because in the short term, Peraza is on the way up and Dominguez took a hit. A once "can't miss" prospect, gained weigh, slowed down and take poor routes.
    I think Peraza is ready glove wise and Dominguez is nowhere near ready.

    Now if you meant would I send Peraza for Reynolds? Yes. But I would hope if they did that, they got one of the top two SS in FA.

    Reynolds and Seager would change the lineup in a very dramatic fashion. Keep Rizzo and the lineup has a great balance.

    Reynolds CF
    Judge RF
    Seager SS
    Stanton DH
    Rizzo 1b
    DJ 3b
    Sanchez C
    Gallo LF
    Torres 2B


    Hicks is the rotating 4th OF
    That my good Doctor is a very circular lineup!

    When I look at it on paper, it is actually realistic idea. 2 FAs and a big trade.
    I follow. However, Perraza has played a whopping 8 games at AAA. We are told his glove will play up, but what about his bat? What if he can't hit AAA pitching let alone ML?

    From my perspective the Reynolds - Dominguez vs Correa / Seager - Perraza is virtually the same argument. I agree the recent news re: Dominguez is not encouraging. At their respective positions Reynolds - Correa is a wash. Both great players in their prime. In my mind it comes down to the greater area of need. Imo it's at SS. Hicks is fragile, but serviceable in CF, can we say the same for SS in the short term? Comes down to priority.

    They need a SS more than a CF imo. Although I can't argue against Reynolds, I simply endorse filling the gap at SS as a priority.

  13. #1783
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,463
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The 28yr old Marte costs specs. The 33 Marte only costs money.
    No ****, but that's not the point of the conversation you put yourself in and now we're moving goalposts. One also bats righty an one is a switch hitter. Your point?

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  14. #1784
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,658
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I follow. However, Perraza has played a whopping 8 games at AAA. We are told his glove will play up, but what about his bat? What if he can't hit AAA pitching let alone ML?

    From my perspective the Reynolds - Dominguez vs Correa / Seager - Perraza is virtually the same argument. I agree the recent news re: Dominguez is not encouraging. At their respective positions Reynolds - Correa is a wash. Both great players in their prime. In my mind it comes down to the greater area of need. Imo it's at SS. Hicks is fragile, but serviceable in CF, can we say the same for SS in the short term? Comes down to priority.

    They need a SS more than a CF imo. Although I can't argue against Reynolds, I simply endorse filling the gap at SS as a priority.
    I am in the minority regarding Peraza. I would not tell him such but I would plan on him being the starting SS next year and the job would be his to lose. I have no problem if he struggles at the plate. If he can get bat to ball in ST, I put him in the lineup



    Ignorance is bliss

  15. #1785
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Marte is 28.
    Try reading entire posts.

    Sorry... Marte is 33.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •