Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 113 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 4143
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Makes sense to me. They still have to address SS however, will it be stop gap short term or ?. As I have said previously, stop gap is fine but waiting on spects that haven't proven themselves in a full AAA season yet is a risk. The key is calculating the risk and making the right call.
    I think between Gio and Wade, you have a solid options. Not to mention if Cabrera is ready and can basically take Velsquez's role. That give you 3 good defensive options

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think between Gio and Wade, you have a solid options. Not to mention if Cabrera is ready and can basically take Velsquez's role. That give you 3 good defensive options
    Gio or Wade as the starting SS for the NY Yankees? OK short term.

Still waiting on spects that have relatively (8 games) no experience at AAA. It is a risk. I would love to see more home grown talent when they are ready and MLB caliber players.

As someone said recently, "these are the NY Yankees, start acting like them. We are not the Rays or Pirates!".

Makes sense to me. They still have to address SS however, will it be stop gap short term or ?. As I have said previously, stop gap is fine but waiting on spects that haven't proven themselves in a full AAA season yet is a risk. The key is calculating the risk and making the right call.
    If we get a guy like Olsen, then a move like Simmons looks even better IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    If we get a guy like Olsen, then a move like Simmons looks even better IMO
    OK with me. I like Olson.

OK with me. I like Olson.
    Id still kick the tires on a shorter term big money deal for Story. Hit on those, trade Torres in a package for a starter

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    How do you get $8 million for being complete garbage?

You hire a good agent.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

I really hope the Yankees let Torres get one more season at 2nd base. He started to look much better at the plate at the end of the season once he moved to 2nd. If the Yankees sell low on him and he gets back to even close to where he was then they are going to look like idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I really hope the Yankees let Torres get one more season at 2nd base. He started to look much better at the plate at the end of the season once he moved to 2nd. If the Yankees sell low on him and he gets back to even close to where he was then they are going to look like idiots.
    I agree. Too soon to give up on him. We know the potential.

Id still kick the tires on a shorter term big money deal for Story. Hit on those, trade Torres in a package for a starter
    If Story were willing to take a 2 -3 yr deal I think he's the guy.

Gio or Wade as the starting SS for the NY Yankees? OK short term.

Still waiting on spects that have relatively (8 games) no experience at AAA. It is a risk. I would love to see more home grown talent when they are ready and MLB caliber players.

As someone said recently, "these are the NY Yankees, start acting like them. We are not the Rays or Pirates!".
    Wasn't that Mush?

I would love if they got Olson and Seager. I just don't think they pay for someone at SS if they think Peraza is the guy

Ignorance is bliss

If Story were willing to take a 2 -3 yr deal I think he's the guy.
    Maybe but, my lord, the lineup will be a wind farm but at least he can steal some bases and play excellent D

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Maybe but, my lord, the lineup will be a wind farm but at least he can steal some bases and play excellent D
    Clown I agree. But are you getting him for his bat or glove? I thought he would be willing to take a short term deal to re establish value as we have discussed in past. Is Wade much better at the plate? Gio is About the same as Story., but no where near as good on D. Also keep in mind Story is coming off his worst season in his career at the plate.
    Last edited by drt1010; 11-10-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Clown I agree. But are you getting him for his bat or glove? I thought he would be willing to take a short term deal to re establish value as we have discussed in past. Is Wade much better at the plate? Gio is About the same as Story., but no where near as good on D. Also keep in mind Story is coming off his worst season in his career at the plate.
    what does story hit away from coors field? is he another product of that park he also strikesout a lot why would the yanks want another strikeout hitter in this lineup it makes no sense..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    what does story hit away from coors field? is he another product of that park he also strikesout a lot why would the yanks want another strikeout hitter in this lineup it makes no sense..
    You could go look it up. Hes still not bad. And who says he doesnt hit well here too?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-10-2021 at 02:14 PM.

You could go look it up. Hes still not bad. And who says he doesnt hit well here too?
    Same guy said DJ would stink away from Coors

Ignorance is bliss