Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 53 of 170 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 2545
  1. #781
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,982
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think its because more people are becoming aware to how extensive the cheating is in baseball. The crackdown on pitchers using substances last year really kind of brought that point home. You just hear about it more so with the Astros and Red Sox because they are currently playing each other in the ALCS and because they are the more obvious examples of what teams are doing.

    You have a lot more snitches in baseball too. 20 or 30 years ago a lot of gamesmanship was never spoke of even if wasn't going on to the same extent. Now everyone blabbers. Mike Fiers doesn't do what he did to the Astros back in the day. It bit him in the *** though because then someone outed him as a guy talking to underage girls.
    Mets I agree. However it's become much more sophisticated. In years past all was fair if it took place on the field. Sign stealing was an art form with a long and illustrious history. The introduction of technology seems to be what puts it firmly "outside the lines."

  2. #782
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    My very unpopular view is that the Yankees were also cheating. They didn't get caught. It's purely circumstantial but is it coincidence that the year Torres was accused of wearing a wire, was the one that was hands down his best season?
    There were many rumblings of the Yankees also having their system.
    There is no proof but I don't really believe that the Stros and Socks were the only teams doing it. The Yankees have the money, tech and people to get it done.

    I believe that the Sox organization as a whole, is ahead of the Yankees. I think the Rays are and I think the Jays are on even ground and could surpass them.
    Yankees need change.
    I guess it does belong on the list after all. ONE MORE thing the Sox do much better than the Yankees!

  3. #783
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,056
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Mets I agree. However it's become much more sophisticated. In years past all was fair if it took place on the field. Sign stealing was an art form with a long and illustrious history. The introduction of technology seems to be what puts it firmly "outside the lines."
    No doubt but do you think that the Red Sox and Astros are the only teams doing these things? We know Beltran's involvement and his work with the Yankees. And If I had to bet that was part of what made him appealing to the Mets before the media ran with it where they had no choice but to fire him.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-19-2021 at 02:32 PM.

  4. #784
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No doubt but do you think that the Red Sox and Astros are the only teams doing these things? We know Beltran's involvement and his work with the Yankees. And If I had to bet that was part of what made him appealing to the Mets befo Yeah I said I would be surprised if they do anything more than fire Boone which they didnít . I never said I expected them to fire Boone . They did less than fire Boone hence why I am not surprised . Nice try though
    re the media ran with it where they had no choice but to fire him.
    They werenít the only ones but the fact is they were caught and made examples of it and are now playing in the alcs this year and itís a travesty to the sport .

  5. #785
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    25,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Cano got suspended twice for roids . Enough said
    What does that have to do with performance. He provided a hall of fame career while he was here.

  6. #786
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    They werenít the only ones but the fact is they were caught and made examples of it and are now playing in the alcs this year and itís a travesty to the sport .
    So the Astros paid their penance. Last time I checked they lost a manager, a GM and had other penalties handed down to them. Red Sox were caught to a lesser extent, fired their manager, and lost a draft pick.

    Maybe not the punishment the rest of the league and their fans wanted but it still happened. Don't fool yourself. The Red Sox were a good team all season. The Astros have been to 6 straight AL championship series. These teams are run extremely well.

  7. #787
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    What does that have to do with performance. He provided a hall of fame career while he was here.
    And it was atleast partly because of steroids . You can possibly believe he didnít use until he was in seattle .

  8. #788
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,982
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No doubt but do you think that the Red Sox and Astros are the only teams doing these things? We know Beltran's involvement and his work with the Yankees. And If I had to bet that was part of what made him appealing to the Mets before the media ran with it where they had no choice but to fire him.
    Frankly I don't think they are alone, I'm not that naÔve. They may have elevated it and become more sophisticated in their application. It takes on added significance when the two teams found guilty wind up winning the WS. It tends to focus the spotlight a bit sharper.

    My original point, the Astros are the leagues whipping boys by fans nation wide. However it's almost as if the Sox have been absolved of their sins. It's more about public perception.

  9. #789
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    25,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And it was atleast partly because of steroids . You can possibly believe he didnít use until he was in seattle .
    Steroid are irrelevant to this conversation. The fact is, the Yankees developed him and he had a massive impact for many years.

  10. #790
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,056
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Frankly I don't think they are alone, I'm not that naÔve. They may have elevated it and become more sophisticated in their application. It takes on added significance when the two teams found guilty wind up winning the WS. It tends to focus the spotlight a bit sharper.

    My original point, the Astros are the leagues whipping boys by fans nation wide. However it's almost as if the Sox have been absolved of their sins. It's more about public perception.
    Credit to Chaim Bloom. Dude helped that team bounce back from trading Betts rather quickly. He's made some killer acquisitions that have put the Red Sox right back in the fold. Everyone picks from the Rays now. The Dodgers, the Red Sox, etc. Everyone wanted Erik Neander before he signed that extension in Tampa.

    I think the Red Sox got off lite too. Same with the Astros but both organizations are run extremely well.

  11. #791
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Steroid are irrelevant to this conversation. The fact is, the Yankees developed him and he had a massive impact for many years.
    Not irrelevant when the talk was about cheaters and developing great players . How can you say cano was great when his numbers were tainted by roids ? How great could he have truly been if he felt he had to take steroids ?

  12. #792
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    25,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Not irrelevant when the talk was about cheaters and developing great players . How can you say cano was great when his numbers were tainted by roids ? How great could he have truly been if he felt he had to take steroids ?
    Morals and ethics are irrelevant to this conversation. The only thing that matters is did the Yankees get HOF type production out of Cano when he was here? The answer is clearly yes. Do not reply to this because whatever you say is going to be wrong.

  13. #793
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,982
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Credit to Chaim Bloom. Dude helped that team bounce back from trading Betts rather quickly. He's made some killer acquisitions that have put the Red Sox right back in the fold. Everyone picks from the Rays now. The Dodgers, the Red Sox, etc. Everyone wanted Erik Neander before he signed that extension in Tampa.

    I think the Red Sox got off lite too. Same with the Astros but both organizations are run extremely well.
    Agree On Bloom. When Epstein departed they were left a burden of hefty albatross. Cherrington helped big time to right the ship and Bloom has continued to navigate toward success. They are very quick to act and react. Credit to their ownership and FO.

    Rays are a good model. On a shoe string budget, a perennial bottom dweller in payroll, they manage consistent success. A testament to a well run and organized team from top to bottom. Imo, it's an embarrassment to any Yankee fan.

  14. #794
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    https://mobile.twitter.com/bryanhoch...87310550802440

    Tailon getting surgery on oct 28th . 5 months recovery . Already gonna start 2022 with someone on the DL . Trade not looking so great right now .

  15. #795
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/bryanhoch...87310550802440

    Tailon getting surgery on oct 28th . 5 months recovery . Already gonna start 2022 with someone on the DL . Trade not looking so great right now .
    Cashman continues to trade for pitchers who have had a bad injury history.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •