Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 187 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Off Season Thread aka The Party is over

Well. That sucked. But I doubt many are surprised. This should have adopted the motto, "we will fall short"

We have a bit over 5 months to start ST.

Ignorance is bliss

I will of course take this opportunity to say congratulations to the vast majority of you who said the Yankees would not win the WS or even get there

I believe Posada was the only one who predicted a WS victory for the Yankees. So he clearly lost, while the rest of us were accurate.
    Great job to those with some BB knowledge and insight

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I will of course take this opportunity to say congratulations to the vast majority of you who said the Yankees would not win the WS or even get there

I believe Posada was the only one who predicted a WS victory for the Yankees. So he clearly lost, while the rest of us were accurate.
    Man, I never felt this team, this season. I may have watched two games this season. Go Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Man, I never felt this team, this season. I may have watched two games this season. Go Knicks.
    Yep. Hopefully one NY team will make the playoffs

Ignorance is bliss

[QUOTE=Kinkotheclown;34111898]I will of course take this opportunity to say congratulations to the vast majority of you who said the Yankees would not win the WS or even get there

Great job to those with some BB knowledge and insight[/QUOTE

But he's going to say he was close.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

I made that prediction because I bought into some of the crap you and some others were spouting . You know how you guys felt the division was gonna be fairly easy and that the yanks were the best in the AL despite doing NOTHING to improve their team from the previous year .

Last edited by Posada20; 10-06-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I made that prediction because I bought into some of the crap you and some others were spouting . You know how you guys felt the division was gonna be fairly easy and that the yanks were the best in the AL despite doing NOTHING to improve their team from the previous year .
    Good to know it was "our" fault.

9. 10-06-2021, 03:35 PM

What party?

No party since 2009 and only one since 2000.

The Yankees are 22 years into this Century and have stunk up the joint in Oct.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    What party?

No party since 2009 and only one since 2000.

The Yankees are 22 years into this Century and have stunk up the joint in Oct.
    People like drt will just tell you how many ws the yanks win from 2000 and before and how great the party has been over the years because of how many regular season games they have won in the last 20 years and we should just be grateful for that and be happy that Yankees werenít in shambles like how theo left them despite the fact that they won a ws just 2 years after he left lol

I expected No. 28 coming in to this season. We clearly started the year with the most talent. Whether it be injuries, or underperformance, we had 3 players who did not let us down.

Judge
    Stanton
    Loisaga
    (Cole would have been the 4th based on regular season performance, but the whole reason we got him was for last night).
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

Cashman is not going anywhere.

Boone will be offered a 2 yr deal to stay.

I doubt Cashman embarrasses Boone with a 1 year deal.

And what can anybody do with this current roster?

They are stuck!

Gallo is back at $6 million
    Stanton is here for the duration
    Judge here for at least 2 more years
    Torres is at 2b
    DJ is at 3rd
    Urshela is a SS but more than likely traded.
    Rizzo probably resigns
    Hicks is back at CF
    Sanchez will go to NL team who needs a DH.

Pitching all but setÖ.

The same ole crap! They will hit homers and then disappear for days like a drug addict on a binge. Boone was creative for only 13 games this year. The streak was the best they played.

Letís face it! This roster is not working. Just get used to more anguish for the life cycle of this core.

After 2017 this core should have been better overall and with Oct!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-06-2021 at 04:47 PM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Exactly who thought the division was going to be easy? Once again, you lie, lie, lie
    That is exactly why I didn't think the Yankees would win a WC. I stated at the years beginning that the Rays, Sox would be tough and that the Jays had improved and were a young, bunch of hitters.

So not only do you lie but you blame your prediction on the rest off us?

That is epic. All of us, who the en tire season were saying we didn't thin k the team or manager was good enough to win it all, convinced you to throw out your prediction of a WS? You read into our apprehension about the team as encouragement for you to make that wager?

Holy crap. How weak can you be? You blame others for everything. So sad but still so funnyy

Ignorance is bliss

Itís funny how you get on me for being wrong but were way off on your pre season predictions . You know like how you thought they would win close to 100 games snd the division would be the Yankees to win . Or how about how the jays and Red Sox wouldnít be any better when I said the jays would win about 90 games and I was right . Or how about how you said tailon German and sevy would be big contributors to the Yankees this year . Man weíre you a bit off on that one lol .
    You are hysterical. You are so wrong all the time. It's compelling to watch you step in pile after pile, stink of excrement and say that it's someone else's fault you walked there.

FYI, math man, what is the percentage difference in predicting 93 wins (which was over, so you lost) and 100 wins? I will give you a hint. It's not that big. ( I know you've heard that before. I'd say more than you can count but you can't count and I highly doubt you've had change to hear it more than once)

Tallion was a big contributor German was going to be one till injured. Sevy couldn't get on the field. What you fail to understand is that when speaking of Sevy, the word "if" was continually used.
    Regarding German, he was contributing for his first 18 games. He would have continued to contribute had He not been injured.

You like to talk after the fact like you know something, when you don't. None of your predictions were correct.
    None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Ignorance is bliss

Exactly who thought the division was going to be easy? Once again, you lie, lie, lie
    That is exactly why I didn't think the Yankees would win a WC. I stated at the years beginning that the Rays, Sox would be tough and that the Jays had improved and were a young, bunch of hitters.

So not only do you lie but you blame your prediction on the rest off us?

That is epic. All of us, who the en tire season were saying we didn't thin k the team or manager was good enough to win it all, convinced you to throw out your prediction of a WS? You read into our apprehension about the team as encouragement for you to make that wager?

Holy crap. How weak can you be? You blame others for everything. So sad but still so funnyy
    You are the damned liar because on the yankees win total thread you said the yanks would win 101 games and said they had a good chance to win the ws this year . you also said that the jays and rays would be good , you didnít sa they would be tough . And you said the Red Sox would be solid but interestingly enough after I said the same thing
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-06-2021 at 05:26 PM.

Page 1 of 187 1231151101 ... LastLast