Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 168 of 218 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3258
    The Yankees greatest asset is their money and they voted to lower the luxury tax thresholds. That tells you everything you need to know about ownership. They voted to neutralize their best asset.

Everyone is acting like opening day is tomorrow. None of the big trade pieces are off the board yet and there are still good solutions in FA at 1st and SS. Correa and Story are still on the board, Story on a shorter term deal makes all the sense in the world.

I know some people think our payroll should be 350-400m, which would be like what we spent in the early 2000's. There are payroll restrictions that every big market team is going to follow until the CBA doesn't restrict spending. When we spent in the 2000's, the only penalties were having to pay luxury tax, which was just more money. Now the penalties have changed and so has the way teams do business, if we like it or not.

Look at what the Dodgers are loosing because they need to reset the luxury tax. They pretty much emptied their farm for Max and Turner, they have lost Max who was thought to be an automatic resign, they lost Seager because with the other big contracts on their books they couldn't afford to match Texas's offer and they are on the verge of losing Chris Taylor who was a huge piece and their biggest move has been signing Heaney.

Before today, not many wanted Seager for 10yrs and 300m, much less than what he got. He's not a top 10 player and has some fairly big flaws but everyone is losing their mind that we didn;t get him.

our division has actually got weaker with the Jays loosing Ray and Siemen. The Soxs and Rays haven't done much of anything. We still have many paths to get much better this off season that are still on the board. We also have a ton of very valuable piece we can trade.

Just because we haven't done anything yet hardly means we won't do anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Stallings is the only disappointment for me today and I'm still optimistic that we might not be out of the woods yet, because the Marlins have been trying to trade for Gary Sanchez. in my wild optimistic dreams, they flip Stallings and pitching in a trade to the Yankees for Sanchez and prospects.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Sauron goes on vacation for a few years, comes back and and finds that his old nemesis Ice-Hawk has returned.

And Sauron finds himself in complete and unanimous agreement with Every. Single. Word. in this post.

The world truly is ending.
    Scary, no?
    We’re pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isn’t about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The “Holy Trinity” of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

@KendallRogers
    · 3h
    SCOOP: @BisonBaseball pitching coach Grayson Crawford, who has spent the last two seasons with the program, is taking a job in the @Yankees organization. Crawford was at Austin Peay before his stint at #Lipscomb.

Sounds like he'll be our assistant pitching coach

bio Crawford is now in his second year at Lipscomb after joining the squad last season. Before joining the Purple and Gold, Crawford spent the 2019 season at Austin Peay first as a volunteer assistant before taking the reigns as the team's pitching coach.

Despite the 2020 season being cut short due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Crawford had the Lipscomb pitching staff in good shape. Through 16 games, the Bisons pitching staff was ranked fifth overall in the ASUN, owning a 5.35 ERA and recording 136 strikeouts. Under Crawford's leadership, pitchers Max Habegger and Tyler Guilfoil put up some impressive numbers. Among starting pitchers, Habegger had the seventh-lowest ERA (1.80) in the ASUN and Guilfoil led the league in saves (6) to go along with posting a 0.00 ERA on the season in eight appearances, mainly as a closer.

Crawford took over as the interim pitching coach for the Governors for the final 43 games of the season during 2019. Under his leadership Austin Peay's pitching staff was able to set program records for strikeouts (556) and strikeouts per nine innings (9.92) in a season. The Govs also held opponents to a .268 batting average, which was the lowest mark since the 2015 season for the team.

Before his time at Austin Peay, Crawford spent the 2018 season at Louisiana-Monroe where he was the pitching and recruiting coordinator. Crawford also had a two-year stint at Murray State, before he joined the Louisiana-Monroe staff, as the pitching coach and recruiting coordinator.

During his tenure at ULM, Crawford helped the Warhawks improve in key areas such as ERA, strikeouts per nine innings and hits allowed per nine innings, which played a key role in the program nearly doubling its win total from the 2017 season. He also coached 2018 MLB draft pick Keegan Curtis, who was selected in the 22nd round by the New York Yankees.

In 2016, Crawford became a part of the Murray State staff as a volunteer assistant and then was promoted to the programs full-time pitching coach and recruiting coordinator for the 2017 season. With his help the Racers set single-season records for strikeouts (491) and saves (10) in 2017. His staff featured one MLB Draft pick (Derrik Watson, 25th round by Colorado) and four players who signed with independent league squads (Austin Dubsky, Chad Gendron, Jack Hranec and John Lollar).

To go along with his time at ULM and MSU, Crawford has coached the Hopkinsville Hoppers, a collegiate summer league team in the Ohio Valley League, on a few different occasions. In 2018, he led the Hoppers to a OVL West Division championship and to the OVL Championship Series. He also led the Hoppers to the 2012 OVL championship to go along with back-to-back runner-up finishes in 2013 and 2014.

Crawford also has coaching experience at the NAIA and high school levels. He was the head coach for two seasons at Christian County High School, located in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, where he compiled a 47-35 record and led his team to consecutive Region 2 championship games. After his stint at Christian County High School, he moved on to Lindsey Willson College for the 2014-15 season, which saw the Blue Raiders make it to their first-ever NAIA World Series and a No. 10 national ranking, the highest in program history.

Crawford's resume also includes a a two-year period at Pensacola (Fla.) State College as an assistant coach where he helped 27 student-athletes advance to the next level and play at four-year institutions.

As for playing experience, Crawford started out at Southern Arkansas before transferring to join his father, Donny Crawford, at Stillman College. He played catcher for three seasons at Stillman and graduated in 2010, where his coaching career began as an assistant soon after graduation.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    we should have saw this last year when the yanks stayed under the luxury tax most of thought it was so the yanks could reset the tax. no one thought it was because hal has become a skinflint.
    Some of us actually called this a year ago.

Now it’s all over but the cryin.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    Watching the big moves happen without us being involved is true to the new Hal Yankee brand. Just good enough. But no magic.
    If the Yanks go without a major move this offseason I am officially No Longer A Fan.
    I've been following this team almost as long as Dr. T, but we've had over ten years of uninspired baseball under Hal and Cash and my heart just ain't in it anymore.
    Hal is an idiot. He inherited billions so people kiss his ***, but the truth is he has no feel for what the New York Yankees are. He's just a trust fund dullard who can't even understand the magic of Yankees Baseball. Everything to him is bottom line. He wants the Yankees to be Oakland Rays. But of course he wants the Oak/Rays payroll with the New York Yankee revenues.
    Fk Hal. Fk Cashman. Fk Idiot Levine. And fk boring Boone.
    This sux.
    I am officially appropriating the term ‘dullard,’ because your context setup on that was perfect.

Also…..I fully agree with your final sentiments, except for Levine. He DID buy that dog that prosthetic leg to increase its lifespan. That alone warrants a free pass.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 11-29-2021 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Nope. The division arguably got worse. I totally agree about the younger crew. I will be absolutely fine with youth on the field.
    Sox have a tendency to overperform expectations and have historically proven time and time again that they possess the organizational acumen to rebuild VERY quickly.

Toronto was already on the cusp and possess a plethora of young offensive talent that has yet to hit its prime.

We are truly awful and truly lost as a franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    Scary, no?
    Absolutely.

And this is where Harold has brought us.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Everyone is acting like opening day is tomorrow. None of the big trade pieces are off the board yet and there are still good solutions in FA at 1st and SS. Correa and Story are still on the board, Story on a shorter term deal makes all the sense in the world.

I know some people think our payroll should be 350-400m, which would be like what we spent in the early 2000's. There are payroll restrictions that every big market team is going to follow until the CBA doesn't restrict spending. When we spent in the 2000's, the only penalties were having to pay luxury tax, which was just more money. Now the penalties have changed and so has the way teams do business, if we like it or not.

Look at what the Dodgers are loosing because they need to reset the luxury tax. They pretty much emptied their farm for Max and Turner, they have lost Max who was thought to be an automatic resign, they lost Seager because with the other big contracts on their books they couldn't afford to match Texas's offer and they are on the verge of losing Chris Taylor who was a huge piece and their biggest move has been signing Heaney.

Before today, not many wanted Seager for 10yrs and 300m, much less than what he got. He's not a top 10 player and has some fairly big flaws but everyone is losing their mind that we didn;t get him.

our division has actually got weaker with the Jays loosing Ray and Siemen. The Soxs and Rays haven't done much of anything. We still have many paths to get much better this off season that are still on the board. We also have a ton of very valuable piece we can trade.

Just because we haven't done anything yet hardly means we won't do anything at all
    Story on a short leash was/is always the best play, but not at anywhere near the value that Max just set today for shorter years/risk averse stop-gap signings.

Ray would have been exactly what we needed to complement Cole and solidify our perpetually non-existent #2 rotational hole.

We are in big trouble my friend.

We literally have an entire team’s worth of worthless, devalued, busted talent/prospects/signings that we cannot or will not unload in order to fit legitimate organizational needs.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

dpdgers have been in 3 of the last 5 world series.. yanks 1 world series appearance in 20 years. yanks reset their luxury tax and did nothing so far this off season why? do they intend to never be over the luxury tax again? will the yanks be a non championship contender from now on as long as hal owns the team due to his new philosophy? is that what we fans want mediocrity...

tampa always finds a way to do better then the yanks no matter who they lose.. the sox are better then the yanks . and even though toronto lost players they have much better players then the yanks.. so as of right now the yanks are not going to the playoffs next year.. unless they wake up and do something big..

the team that makes more money by hundreds of millions every year then they spend in baseball the yanks being all of a sudden frugal.. winning has gone out of the door..

BREAKING: The @Braves
    have signed Freddie Freeman to a 6-year contract worth $190M plus incentives pending a physical, per @JeffPassan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    BREAKING: The @Braves
    have signed Freddie Freeman to a 6-year contract worth $190M plus incentives pending a physical, per @JeffPassan
    I think you're quoting one of the many fake Jeff Passan accounts. The one that's verified his is reporting no such news on Freeman.

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Story on a short leash was/is always the best play, but not at anywhere near the value that Max just set today for shorter years/risk averse stop-gap signings.

Ray would have been exactly what we needed to complement Cole and solidify our perpetually non-existent #2 rotational hole.

We are in big trouble my friend.

We literally have an entire team’s worth of worthless, devalued, busted talent/prospects/signings that we cannot or will not unload in order to fit legitimate organizational needs.
    I don't disagree about Max, that was a good signing for the Mets. I also think passing on Verlander, again when we had a real opportunity to land him was probably an error.

I completely disagree about Ray, he's a fly ball pitcher that gave up the 5th most hrs in BB last yr. Thats not a good situation in my opinion in YS. While he didn't get the contract i thought he would get but for a guy coming off a career yr and inconsistent history i don't think it will kill us.

I honestly don't have a problem with them not getting Seager for the yrs and money he got. While his performance at the plate has been very good, defensively not great and he's likely going to end up at 3rd base. While he doesn't have a chronic condition like Correa he is still injury prone.

Sanchez needs to be gone yesterday, so far IMO the biggest mistake we have made this off season is not getting 1 of Barnhart or Stalling. If u get a better C that your pitchers are comfortable throwing to and not have to worry about burrying a breaking ball, the whole pitching staff improves.

They need a long term solution at 1st, all those options are still on the board

They need a different CFer, S Marte isn't it. Reynolds or K Marte are much better solutions, even if it cost Dominguez plus.

While others disagree, if they upgrade at those other positions i have no issue with them giving Peraza a shot a SS. He's 100% defensively ready and every scout that has commented on him believe he will be GG caliber the day he steps on the field. He hit .297 with 18hrs across 3 levels, is a high contact hitter that drives the ball and projects to steal 40 B a yr.

We also have Cabrera who plays above avg to plus defense at 3 INF positions. He's a very speedy switch hitter that hit 28 hrs.

We have some very,very promising pitching specs that will be ready next yr and Gil isn't the best of them.

I'm not hopefully that they will win anything with Boone at the helm, getting a different manager would have been the biggest upgrade they could have realistically made IMO