3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

So Judge is getting $20 million next season?

Trade him for a haul and get more athletic.

Trade that stiff Hicks as well, along with Taillon and SanchezÖ

If I was Hal Iíd order Cashman to trade over half the roster for a new mix because the current roster canít win in Oct. as Cashbox said the other day they are unwatchable at times.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-21-2021 at 04:26 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I'm hearing the Yanks really like Seager, unfortunately not the one we had hoped. Kyle Seager is someone they have had there eyes on for a while. He's a 3rd baseman but has played 1st base as well. He's older, he'll be 34 to start next yr so he could be a short term option that would be a little cheaper
    Seattle has a $20 million option on him, which would be about 25% of their existing payroll, so it is probably doubtful that they re-sign him. However, he might be worth a QO for them at $18.4, since there is a high probability that someone would sign a 35 HR strong armed good fielding 3B. By itself, the >212 avg is off putting.

On the other hand, he is Corey's brother and they both bat LH, so if it helps us sign Corey to a friendlier shorter contract, saving us money, maybe we could get them both on short term deals, so they could play beside each other. That would truly be a ninja Cashman move.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So Judge is getting $20 million next season?

Trade him for a haul and get more athletic.

Trade that stiff Hicks as well, along with Taillon and SanchezÖ

If I was Hal Iíd order Cashman to trade over half the roster for a new mix because the current roster canít win in Oct. as Cashbox said the other day they are unwatchable at times.
    Thank God you're not Cashman. We can't trade Judge for anything less than a Juan Soto type player.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Thank God you're not Cashman. We can't trade Judge for anything less than a Juan Soto type player.
    I agree with Mush about Sanchez and Hicks. I would love to move them both but I don't think there is any really return for either. As much as we can talk about Sanchez being a top 10 catcher, public sentiment drives down his price. Teams know he's not wanted in NY

I also agree with Mush and You about Judge. I would move him for the right package.
    It's not about him but his contract next year. I also don't trade him now. I wait till midseason and if the Yankees are legit, of course you keep him. If they are this year what they were last year? It's a tough choice but I would guess a contender would sell their entire farm for him.

I really like him on the team. My feeling is solely based on his contract. Do we as fans want to watch 55 mil tied up in Judge and Stanton for the next 7 years? I don't think either player will age well.
    You basically, have 2 righty DHs who's k rates will increase as bat speed slows.
    We talk about athleticism and while they are both good now, I don't think that continues.

It's not an easy problem. They will have to overspend to keep him and I don't see him signing a 5 year deal. If he did? Hell yes.

Ignorance is bliss

I'm not in any hurry to trade Monty but if they aren't going to sign him long term, this would be the yr to move him. He had a great yr numbers wise and Boras is going to ask for the moon for him. I think you'll see him get atleast what Wheeler and Corbin got. If you could package him with something and get a Marte or a TORP back i think you would have to consider that.

I know everyone is sick of me talking specs, but Waldichuk is a LHed starter with a higher ceiling than Monty, finished top 3 in K's in the minors this yr and had a great yr in AA. I could easily see him making the jump for AA to the rotation like Monty did with a strong spring.

Would you be willing to give up Gallo and Monty for Marte?
    Is this a trick question? . I would have Gallo and Monty at their stadium before we hung up the phones.

My hope with Monty, is that he produces again this year like he did and Waldichuck climbs the ladder and is ready to go by midseason. If the Yankees are bad, you move Monty and plug him into the rotation. If they are good, move monty at seasons end.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree with Mush about Sanchez and Hicks. I would love to move them both but I don't think there is any really return for either. As much as we can talk about Sanchez being a top 10 catcher, public sentiment drives down his price. Teams know he's not wanted in NY

I also agree with Mush and You about Judge. I would move him for the right package.
    It's not about him but his contract next year. I also don't trade him now. I wait till midseason and if the Yankees are legit, of course you keep him. If they are this year what they were last year? It's a tough choice but I would guess a contender would sell their entire farm for him.

I really like him on the team. My feeling is solely based on his contract. Do we as fans want to watch 55 mil tied up in Judge and Stanton for the next 7 years? I don't think either player will age well.
    You basically, have 2 righty DHs who's k rates will increase as bat speed slows.
    We talk about athleticism and while they are both good now, I don't think that continues.

It's not an easy problem. They will have to overspend to keep him and I don't see him signing a 5 year deal. If he did? Hell yes.
    I don't agree with Mush or anyone who wants to trade Judge. I don't trade him and we shouldn't consider trading him for anything less than a top young superstar. Let me be clear: I also have no problem paying Judge $30 million per year without consideration for the overall team salary or any other player on the roster. He is that good and he is the main reason that many fans watch the Yankees. Also, he's a superstar athlete and a tremendous fielder. I realize that Father Time is undefeated, however, I absolutely, disagree with the characterization of him as a DH within the next 5-7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I was just SHARING the POST with YOU.

My apologies.

Imagine being an *** because someone shared a post with you in regards to a post said person made.

Odd.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

No need to be upset with me. I appreciate you sharing the post. I was just being a little sarcastic about it.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I don't agree with Mush or anyone who wants to trade Judge. I don't trade him and we shouldn't consider trading him for anything less than a top young superstar. Let me be clear: I also have no problem paying Judge $30 million per year without consideration for the overall team salary or any other player on the roster. He is that good and he is the main reason that many fans watch the Yankees. Also, he's a superstar athlete and a tremendous fielder. I realize that Father Time is undefeated, however, I absolutely, disagree with the characterization of him as a DH within the next 5-7 years.
    I am worried 30 mil a year, doesn't get it done. If he puts together another year like last, I would have to guess he will get 35. 35 for 5 would be great. I think he wants a longer deal because it's his only true payday.
    My comment on being a DH had only to do with his size and the beating his body takes because of it. I think he will break down once he hits 33-34. It's the same thing I feel will happen with Stanton

Ignorance is bliss

I'm hearing the Yanks really like Seager, unfortunately not the one we had hoped. Kyle Seager is someone they have had there eyes on for a while. He's a 3rd baseman but has played 1st base as well. He's older, he'll be 34 to start next yr so he could be a short term option that would be a little cheaper
    This organization is turning into quite the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    This organization is turning into quite the joke.
    Saying I was not pleased with that news was an understatement. He s another big power, high k guy.

He's doesn't exactly fit the mold of more athletic and contact oriented type player he admitted we needed.

This team and roster really aren't in good shape. We have guys like Voit, Andujar and Frazier that are dead weight and have little value.

Our rotation is full of mid rotation starters and an ace. We have 4-5 specs who could be a torp, but they aren't ready yet.

Our BP has 2 guys making around 30m that are either injured or not suited for a closer role anymore.

Our projected payroll is already over 220m, so unless they raise the LT considerably, how much is Hal really willing to spend. We have a ridiculous amount of money coming off next yr but is Hal going to ok a budget around 260m we would need to really get what we need

Saying I was not pleased with that news was an understatement. He s another big power, high k guy.

He's doesn't exactly fit the mold of more athletic and contact oriented type player he admitted we needed.

This team and roster really aren't in good shape. We have guys like Voit, Andujar and Frazier that are dead weight and have little value.

Our rotation is full of mid rotation starters and an ace. We have 4-5 specs who could be a torp, but they aren't ready yet.

Our BP has 2 guys making around 30m that are either injured or not suited for a closer role anymore.

Our projected payroll is already over 220m, so unless they raise the LT considerably, how much is Hal really willing to spend. We have a ridiculous amount of money coming off next yr but is Hal going to ok a budget around 260m we would need to really get what we need
    Short answer, no.

The projected arb raises alone (80M) eat significantly into any money coming off.

He had a .288 OBP last season. He is straight up bad and not even worth talking about unless he is a one year 2M type of backup player.

He had a .288 OBP last season. He is straight up bad and not even worth talking about unless he is a one year 2M type of backup player.
    Heís perfect!

(Pause and insert a Rodney Dangerfield eye roll)

For what? I have no idea

Ignorance is bliss

I hadn't really looked into his numbers but u can see why they very liked him for a while, he's just not very good. Perfect example of what we absolutely don't want or need.

I listen to a podcast cast with Olney this morning. He polled 15 scouts and they all think we're going to go hard after Corey Seager. Olney also.said that would be away not to block Peraza and Volpe. He said the scouts believe Seager has 1yr max left at SS, then will require a move to 3rd. That would give Peraza the time he probably needs to finish developing at AAA. He also mentioned how highly scouts rate Peraza defensively, scouts think he will be a GG caliber defender when he steps on the MLB field. He has remarkable range side to side but they love his ability to charge balls in front of him and range back.
    It was mentioned that if the Yanks have a little more time to develop him, look for him to get some reps in CF. He absolutely has the speed and arm to handle it