Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 154 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Ok, so out of one side of his mouth, Cashman comments on needing to get more athletic (No **** Sherlock) and more contact bats and that it's the players that made Boone look bad.

And then he talks about guys like Gallo being athletic and guys like Voit needing to get healthy.

So the Yankees need better players, who are athletic and make better contact but the guys they have will be who plays?

Ice cream!

We really need some strawberry and chocolate ice cream.
    But we have vanilla so that's what you'll get.

Ignorance is bliss

First off, the Yankees are not trading Montgomery. They love him and with Taillon down until May, they need to have at least one pitcher besides Cole that figure into their 2022 starting pitcher plans. They're also not trading Sevy, because they waited a long time for him to come back and they want to give him every chance to regain his spot in the rotation.

That being said, Sevi is the pitcher coming back from injury and Taillon could miss the first month or two, so I don't think we can afford to go after another pitcher like Thor. Nester will be in the rotation, but if we beef it up, he'd be the perfect spot starter and long reliever.

So, we need another starter and our dream is a Castillo or Rogers type. If that's impossible, I'd take a Manaea especially in a trade for Olson.

As for Hicks, his contract has only $40 million remaining for 4 years (10.5, 10.5, 9.5, 9.5) with an option for 2026 so it is a very reasonable contract if he's healthy. However, if it entices Arizona to trade us Marte, I would flip him in the deal for Mad Bum and take on the 3 years remaining on his 5 year $85 million contract (probably $51 million).

DJ LeMahieu Has Surgery on Core Injury, Will Be Ready for Spring Training.

Jordan Montgomery is going nowhere and nor should he.

He is a solid middle rotation arm who delivered 30 starts at a sub 4.00 era throwing from the left side.

He reminds me of Kuroda....who this forum hated because apparently quality starts and consistency mean nothing because only aces are allowed in the starting rotation...

What we need is someone to backup Cole.

And that is going to be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    Jordan Montgomery is going nowhere and nor should he.

He is a solid middle rotation arm who delivered 30 starts at a sub 4.00 era throwing from the left side.

He reminds me of Kuroda....who this forum hated because apparently quality starts and consistency mean nothing because only aces are allowed in the starting rotation...

What we need is someone to backup Cole.

And that is going to be expensive.
    Agree. They need to add not subtract. Monty is a solid mid rotation arm.

[QUOTE=Kinkotheclown;34129483]Ok, so out of one side of his mouth, Cashman comments on needing to get more athletic (No **** Sherlock) and more contact bats and that it's the players that made Boone look bad.

And then he talks about guys like Gallo being athletic and guys like Voit needing to get healthy.

So the Yankees need better players, who are athletic and make better contact but the guys they have will be who plays?

Ice cream!

We really need some strawberry and chocolate ice cream.
    But we have vanilla so that's what you'll get.[/QUOTE]

Too bad we don't have guys like Estavan Florial or Greg Allen
    Last edited by runnermjr1296; 10-20-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Passed them up ? Who won the first wc spot ? Who won the wc game ? Who is about to get to another ws ?
    Yes, we PASSED THEM UP. Did you miss that somehow? They TIED us at the very end. Doesn't change the fact they blew a big lead over us.
    And I don't know who's going to win the WS and neither do you.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/bryanhoch...87310550802440

Tailon getting surgery on oct 28th . 5 months recovery . Already gonna start 2022 with someone on the DL . Trade not looking so great right now .

Ad I didn't see anyone mention that DJ also had surgery on the 12th. 8 week recovery.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Ad I didn't see anyone mention that DJ also had surgery on the 12th. 8 week recovery.
    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...php?p=34129515

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Too bad we don't have guys like Estavan Florial or Greg Allen
    It really is ashamed there are no athletes like that.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Agree. They need to add not subtract. Monty is a solid mid rotation arm.
    I was mistaken. I thought Monty only had one year of Arb left and just hired Boras. If that was the case, there is likely no way the Yankees resign him to what Boras will ask. I figured take what you can get for him, but since he has 2 years, the can can be kicked down the road for a season.

I like Monty and thought he was solid. Ideally he's slots as a 4 or 5 because if that is the case, the rotation is likely very, very good.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...php?p=34129515

Yes, that was posted TODAY, prior to me signing on TODAY. ( 8 days after the fact) Since I read from where I left off YESTERDAY, I didn't see that post until I read it TODAY, and since I post as I go, didn't see it prior to my post.
    My sincere apology.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Yes, that was posted TODAY, prior to me signing on TODAY. ( 8 days after the fact) Since I read from where I left off YESTERDAY, I didn't see that post until I read it TODAY, and since I post as I go, didn't see it prior to my post.
    My sincere apology.
    I was just SHARING the POST with YOU.

My apologies.

Imagine being an *** because someone shared a post with you in regards to a post said person made.

Odd.

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 10-20-2021 at 12:32 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    First off, the Yankees are not trading Montgomery. They love him and with Taillon down until May, they need to have at least one pitcher besides Cole that figure into their 2022 starting pitcher plans. They're also not trading Sevy, because they waited a long time for him to come back and they want to give him every chance to regain his spot in the rotation.

That being said, Sevi is the pitcher coming back from injury and Taillon could miss the first month or two, so I don't think we can afford to go after another pitcher like Thor. Nester will be in the rotation, but if we beef it up, he'd be the perfect spot starter and long reliever.

So, we need another starter and our dream is a Castillo or Rogers type. If that's impossible, I'd take a Manaea especially in a trade for Olson.

As for Hicks, his contract has only $40 million remaining for 4 years (10.5, 10.5, 9.5, 9.5) with an option for 2026 so it is a very reasonable contract if he's healthy. However, if it entices Arizona to trade us Marte, I would flip him in the deal for Mad Bum and take on the 3 years remaining on his 5 year $85 million contract (probably $51 million).
    I think Taillon will be back sometime in April. I don't think anyone knkws now whether that will be early, mid-, or late-April.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post

Taking Mad Bum back would definitely be an enticement for AZ to move Marte.

I'm starting to agree about needing a sure thing in the rotation, not a reclamation project. I'm just not sure they wouldn't just go with Gil or King to fill in till Taillon gets back. I like the idea of Manaea but i wonder what it would cost us?

If the NL adopts the DH, we have a couple players in Voit and Andujar who would have some value to those teams. I really don't think we'll see anything big happen though until the new CBA is figured out though