Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 187 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Might not be the worst idea to explore. I believe the dodgers have 2 top catching spects and no spot for them with Will Smith.

I’m more than ok with passing on a kid that hasn’t proven anything and is already a dick.
    One thing i can't take away from him is he is a hell of an athlete. His Clubhead speed was over 140 MPH which is world class. He regularly hit his drives 400yrd and was a hell of a football player, to be fair he has a reason to think highly of himself. That said, with the other big ego in that clubhouse i'd be concerned about the fit, especially having to give up Volpe and Lo plus

I'm alot higher on Donny Sands than most. He is elite defensively, with pop times around 2 seconds, is very good. He has a plus and and pitchers absolutely love throwing to him. He profiles more as a backup because they don't know who he'll hit at the MLB level, but he hit .261/.326/.466 with 16 doubles and 18hrs across AA and AAA last yr. I'm not sure if he's ready to be a starter right away but he would be a much better backup than Higgy IMO

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Might not be the worst idea to explore. I believe the dodgers have 2 top catching spects and no spot for them with Will Smith.

I’m more than ok with passing on a kid that hasn’t proven anything and is already a dick.
    I thought they traded one in the Max/Turner deal ? I'm not 100% sure, but its not that easy to find a good defensive catcher that can be league average offensively.

The C position around baseball is pretty bad, especially when you consider by the numbers according to ESPN, Sanchez was the 8th best last yr. He wasn't good but finding a better one is easier said than done. Any C we would trade for, we would have to overpay for because of how rare a good C on both sides of the ball truly are IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I thought they traded one in the Max/Turner deal ? I'm not 100% sure, but its not that easy to find a good defensive catcher that can be league average offensively.

The C position around baseball is pretty bad, especially when you consider by the numbers according to ESPN, Sanchez was the 8th best last yr. He wasn't good but finding a better one is easier said than done. Any C we would trade for, we would have to overpay for because of how rare a good C on both sides of the ball truly are IMO
    You’re right, they did trade Ruiz in that Washington deal.

Then over pay for another catcher . The only logical reason to keep going with Gary is if the plan is to extend him . If so then do it this off season before he becomes too expensive next off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't think anyone will argue that. The problem is, where are you getting that mix? The Yankees really don't have anyone to trade to clear cap space. The guys who arguable have more value are Gio, Torres and that'r really about it. Gallo? Maybe.
    To me, this is why I think they sit tight. I could see them going into next season with a very similar roster.

Thankfully both Britton and Chappy are of the books for 2023. That will allow them to do something. Will it be to sign Judge long term? Judge will be 30 this year. He will likely want at least a 5-7 year deal .
    That's a brutal call. Do any of us want to see huge contracts on Stanton and Judge as the fall off the map for the last half to third of their deals?
    I still believe all roads lead to Stanton. His contract has the Yankees in a really bad spot.
    They can trade Voit, Gary, Gallo, Monty, and Sevy. This group will cost almost 40 million. They can even try to get rid of Chappy and Hicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    They can trade Voit, Gary, Gallo, Monty, and Sevy. This group will cost almost 40 million. They can even try to get rid of Chappy and Hicks.
    I said that before abd I was torched for just suggesting they get rid of Gary lol

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Guys I think the Astros are winning and about to tie the alcs 2-2. Thought the red Sox won the world series.

Odd.

Couldn't hate two teams more. Wish they could both lose.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I said that before abd I was torched for just suggesting they get rid of Gary lol
    u got torched for suggesting they just DFA Taillon and Sanchez, not suggesting we trade them

0 chance they trade Sevy and Monty, Hicks has no value until he can prove he's healthy and we'd have to eat about half of Chapmans salary and send a good spec to move that much money

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Wut

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I came across this comment on youtube and had to share it because it was well said:

Michael’s take of “Hal can do what he wants” completely misses the point of alienating the fan base. How quickly he forgets the half empty Stadium during the stretch run of a pennant race this season. When his bad decisions hit his wallet, all of a sudden Hal is going to care. And with what their expenses are, and hearing how much money they lost in 2020 without fans, Hal Steinbrenner can’t absorb anything less than 85% capacity. And forget championships - on a nightly basis, this team has become unwatchable - Cashman said it himself. That is a direct consequence of the organizational philosophy, mismanagement, lack of accountability, and ultimately toxic culture. And given that the NY economy is not what it was 10, 20 years ago (in need of a major reset), yea, you better believe there are real financial consequences from alienating your customers. Again, I’m not talking championship or bust, hell I’m not even talking playoffs or bust, but we want a blue collar team that can be competitive most nights - I believe that’s the definition of “watchable.”

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    In other words expect a quiet off season with not many roster changes .
    Oh. So you are just accepting the status quo? You are just buying into the status quo? Thank goodness not all of us do that. Thank goodness some fans want and expect more.

Crap. I just thought of how you would respond to a post like the one you wrote. Because when I wrote that same thing, that's what your comment was.

But I do agree with your post.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    I came across this comment on youtube and had to share it because it was well said:

Michael’s take of “Hal can do what he wants” completely misses the point of alienating the fan base. How quickly he forgets the half empty Stadium during the stretch run of a pennant race this season. When his bad decisions hit his wallet, all of a sudden Hal is going to care. And with what their expenses are, and hearing how much money they lost in 2020 without fans, Hal Steinbrenner can’t absorb anything less than 85% capacity. And forget championships - on a nightly basis, this team has become unwatchable - Cashman said it himself. That is a direct consequence of the organizational philosophy, mismanagement, lack of accountability, and ultimately toxic culture. And given that the NY economy is not what it was 10, 20 years ago (in need of a major reset), yea, you better believe there are real financial consequences from alienating your customers. Again, I’m not talking championship or bust, hell I’m not even talking playoffs or bust, but we want a blue collar team that can be competitive most nights - I believe that’s the definition of “watchable.”
    Michael Kay said that? Wow. Good on him. If he keeps ranting like this, wonder if they fire him. Those cuts are to the bone.

Ignorance is bliss

u got torched for suggesting they just DFA Taillon and Sanchez, not suggesting we trade them

Ignorance is bliss

As I said, I would love to trade Hicks but a 32 year old OF who is always injured and still has 5 years left? I know it's 10-12 mil so it's not a huge obligation but I don't know a team that would do that. (Except the Yankees). Or they may take him but the Yankees would have to take back a similar player and contract.

If they could move him, maybe with a mid level spec? I would do it in a heartbeat.

I agree that they should explore the market for Gary, Gallo, Monty and Chappy. I don't think they will move Sevy. I think he's here.

Ignorance is bliss