Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 186 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    agreed i do not have any faith in brian cashman anymore his philosophy the analytics everything... his press conference to me was very damming.. nothing will change.. we will have some stopgap trades or free agent pickups.. and the yankees management will hope the results are different..
    I lost all faith in cashman as a gm 3 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    How about we add Seager to that mix!

Marte cf
    Seager ss
    Judge rf
    Rizzo 1b
    Stanton dh/lf
    DJ 3b
    Gallo lf
    Torres 2b
    Barnhart C

Then sign Verlander to a 1 year deal with club option for 2

Cole
    Verlander
    Tallion
    Monty
    Gil

Pen
    Green, Cortes, Peralta, Holmes, King, Sevy, Loaisiga, Chappy
    I love the idea, but can u imagine the hell Peraza and Marte would create on the base paths with their speed? that would be fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What is your problem ? All I said is that the Yankees tend to take their time with pitchers on the IL . I never complained about it . In fact I am ok with them taking their time with injured pitchers. You really need to get over your hatred for me because you are starting with me over a simple opinion . Chill out and stop trying to read so much more into what I post .
    You are correct, no complaining here. A very positive upbeat assessment of the situ.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Hindsight nothing . This is what you get when you trade for a pitcher with an extensive injury history . Lack of durability . Same thing happened with Paxton and Pineda before him . Keep getting pitchers with injury histories , they will get hurt plain and simple. Would you buy a car that had extensive work on it after several accidents and expect it to run like an undamaged car ? No you wouldnít .
    Look Jorge, I am not looking for rainbows and unicorns. In fact criticism and critical assessment of the team is healthy, warranted and welcome. It is the continuous, incessant negativity that gets grating. People don't enjoy it.

What kind of car? If it's a Ferrari 250 GT ****** Convertible or a Benz gullwing I'll take one in any condition. I guess the pitching equivalent is a former cy young winner, GG winner or relief pitcher of the year you might make an exception to some injury history.

Jorge pitchers are fragile. They break easily. The pitching motion is an unnatural anatomical movement. The elbow and shoulder are not designed to endure that type of prolonged stress.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I love the idea, but can u imagine the hell Peraza and Marte would create on the base paths with their speed? that would be fun to watch
    Can't teach speed. Huge plus.

Why did they censor S-p-y-d-er

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...es-sources-say

"A manager is only as good as the players he's got," Cashman said

Friggin' Cashman, that's a ballsy thing to say! Who got these players? Who constructed a team of all RH batters? We all know, most Yankee fans wanted Cashman gone! Boone was the target because Cashman's almost untouchable since he's like family. Cashman certainly has an air about him!
    This is some serious wag the dog crap

A manager is as good as his players? WTF? Even if the players were bad, it's still the managers job to help them play better.
    What is even dumber is that he makes that comment and doesn't follow it up with, "the fact that we don't have the talent to make him better, is my fault." But no

Ignorance is bliss

A manager is as good as his players? WTF? Even if the players were bad, it's still the managers job to help them play better.
    What is even dumber is that he makes that comment and doesn't follow it up with, "the fact that we don't have the talent to make him better, is my fault." But no
    Statements like that almost make it sound like the manager is inconsequential which ironically in the way many of those guys are paid, you could almost believe that.

The two most important things in baseball are the players and the person who constructs the rosters. You could make a case that they are equally important depending on how good the person is putting together the team. After that, its the scouting, analytical, and player development departments. In a very, very, very, very, very, very distant 6th place is the manager but fans put a lot of emphasis on that one guy. There are good managers who get **** canned yearly because the team they manage sucks.

Cashman is the main culprit here. If he's serious about that statement he should follow it up with his own personal responsibility like you said and do something about it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-19-2021 at 08:25 PM.

I wonder if making the wc was actually a curse. Had they not made it is Boone back? Would that have been enough justification for Hal?

Agreed. So frustrating!

Volpe, Lo, German for Rutschman. You doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    The Orioles wouldn't. Its incredibly difficult to find catchers that hit like Rutschman projects to. Prospect for prospect trades almost never happen either.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-19-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Orioles wouldn't. Its incredibly difficult to find catchers that hit like Rutschman projects to. Prospect for prospect trades almost never happen either.
    Correct. But instead of arguing over the same ****, I figured Iíd throw out something different. Letís say the ask for Gil instead of German. Trade simulator says it works and lord knows the Oís are more than just 1 catcher away from being relevant. Will it happen, no or course not. But as a Yankees fan (which you are not) could you swallow giving up Volpe, Lo and Gil?

No i wouldn't make that deal, I actually have met the kid at a golf course in OR, his grand parents are members at a club that my best friend runs, he's a genuine prick. Thinks he hung the moon and stars type guy.

With Buster Posey's resurgence, i wonder if SF would listen on Joey Bart? They are going to need a couple starters and possibly someone to take Bryants spot since he's unlikely to stay.

German and Wells would get that deal done according to the sim

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    No i wouldn't make that deal, I actually have met the kid at a golf course in OR, his grand parents are members at a club that my best friend runs, he's a genuine prick. Thinks he hung the moon and stars type guy.

With Buster Posey's resurgence, i wonder if SF would listen on Joey Bart? They are going to need a couple starters and possibly someone to take Bryants spot since he's unlikely to stay.

German and Wells would get that deal done according to the sim
    Might not be the worst idea to explore. I believe the dodgers have 2 top catching spects and no spot for them with Will Smith.

Iím more than ok with passing on a kid that hasnít proven anything and is already a dick.

Correct. But instead of arguing over the same ****, I figured Iíd throw out something different. Letís say the ask for Gil instead of German. Trade simulator says it works and lord knows the Oís are more than just 1 catcher away from being relevant. Will it happen, no or course not. But as a Yankees fan (which you are not) could you swallow giving up Volpe, Lo and Gil?
    I think I would. Rutschman seems to be a special prospect.