Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 181 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Cashman continues to trade for pitchers who have had a bad injury history.
    According to some here , that trade was a very good one and worth making because of his potential or something

In other words expect a quiet off season with not many roster changes .

Jorge hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it?

So you believe they did no due diligence on Tallion? Assessed the risk? Sought multiple medical opinions and evals?

It sucks I get it. But you don't always need to assign blame. Try.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jorge hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it?

So you believe they did no due diligence on Tallion? Assessed the risk? Sought multiple medical opinions and evals?

It sucks I get it. But you don't always need to assign blame. Try.
    Hindsight nothing . This is what you get when you trade for a pitcher with an extensive injury history . Lack of durability . Same thing happened with Paxton and Pineda before him . Keep getting pitchers with injury histories , they will get hurt plain and simple. Would you buy a car that had extensive work on it after several accidents and expect it to run like an undamaged car ? No you wouldnít .

Agree On Bloom. When Epstein departed they were left a burden of hefty albatross. Cherrington helped big time to right the ship and Bloom has continued to navigate toward success. They are very quick to act and react. Credit to their ownership and FO.

Rays are a good model. On a shoe string budget, a perennial bottom dweller in payroll, they manage consistent success. A testament to a well run and organized team from top to bottom. Imo, it's an embarrassment to any Yankee fan.
    Every Rays hire is a hit. Silverman, Friedman, Bloom, and Neander. The Rays even find a way to cut FO expenses. They don't have GM at the moment because Neander was promoted to president of baseball operations and they don't plan on hiring one. Seems like they are just one step of everyone because they have to be.

They have all their bases covered. Analytics, scouting, player development and they hardly ever keep a player past their usefulness and when they get too expensive. They trade those guys, bring in more highly touted prospects, and start the cycle again. They embarrassingly fleeced the Pirates in that Archer trade for example. Its still paying dividends to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/bryanhoch...87310550802440

Tailon getting surgery on oct 28th . 5 months recovery . Already gonna start 2022 with someone on the DL . Trade not looking so great right now .
    Depends on what "5 months recovery" includes. If it means 5 months before he can pick up or soft-toss, then you are right. But there are about 5months and three days between Oct. 28th and the first regular season game so if 5 months recovery includes building back up to being game-ready, he wouldn't even need to miss his first start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Cashman continues to trade for pitchers who have had a bad injury history.
    Overall, not that bad a deal IMHO. We took a flyer on a pitcher who was injured in the past and as a result, he went 8-6 with a 3 1/2 K to BB ratio for spare parts. He also was best friends with Cole in Pittsburgh, so there was a comfort level with Cole's recommendation and he was someone who had worked with and was targeted by our pitching analytics team. He also showed a lot of guts pitching for us with a torn ankle sheath in case we needed him in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Depends on what "5 months recovery" includes. If it means 5 months before he can pick up or soft-toss, then you are right. But there are about 5months and three days between Oct. 28th and the first regular season game so if 5 months recovery includes building back up to being game-ready, he wouldn't even need to miss his first start of the season.
    With the way the Yankees handle pitchers on the IL , I am gonna assume he is not back until sometime April since he will probably need extended st . I doubt they will rush him .

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Overall, not that bad a deal IMHO. We took a flyer on a pitcher who was injured in the past and as a result, he went 8-6 with a 3 1/2 K to BB ratio for spare parts. He also was best friends with Cole in Pittsburgh, so there was a comfort level with Cole's recommendation and he was someone who had worked with and was targeted by our pitching analytics team. He also showed a lot of guts pitching for us with a torn ankle sheath in case we needed him in the playoffs.
    There is a reason why Tampa bay while interested in him didnít go all out for him Ö.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Every Rays hire is a hit. Silverman, Friedman, Bloom, and Neander. The Rays even find a way to cut FO expenses. They don't have GM at the moment because Neander was promoted to president of baseball operations and they don't plan on hiring one. Seems like they are just one step of everyone because they have to be.

They have all their bases covered. Analytics, scouting, player development and they hardly ever keep a player past their usefulness and when they get too expensive. They trade those guys, bring in more highly touted prospects, and start the cycle again. They embarrassingly fleeced the Pirates in that Archer trade for example. Its still paying dividends to them.
    Agree completely. Necessity is the mother of invention, right? In their case they are forced to be lean, mean and fast on their feet.

I often wondered, in his heyday, if Billy Beane would have been as successful if he had the Sox, Dodgers or Yankees payroll?

With the way the Yankees handle pitchers on the IL , I am gonna assume he is not back until sometime April since he will probably need extended st . I doubt they will rush him .
    I have to ask once again. Why are you here, aside from tormenting us? Are you a Yankee fan? Please explain. Inquiring minds.

I have to ask once again. Why are you here, aside from tormenting us? Are you a Yankee fan? Please explain. Inquiring minds.
    What is your problem ? All I said is that the Yankees tend to take their time with pitchers on the IL . I never complained about it . In fact I am ok with them taking their time with injured pitchers. You really need to get over your hatred for me because you are starting with me over a simple opinion . Chill out and stop trying to read so much more into what I post .

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...es-sources-say

"A manager is only as good as the players he's got," Cashman said

Friggin' Cashman, that's a ballsy thing to say! Who got these players? Who constructed a team of all RH batters? We all know, most Yankee fans wanted Cashman gone! Boone was the target because Cashman's almost untouchable since he's like family. Cashman certainly has an air about him!

In other words expect a quiet off season with not many roster changes .
    agreed i do not have any faith in brian cashman anymore his philosophy the analytics everything... his press conference to me was very damming.. nothing will change.. we will have some stopgap trades or free agent pickups.. and the yankees management will hope the results are different..